My complete 7 round mock

Discussion in 'Mock Draft Talk' started by NFLRoughDraft, Apr 11, 2011.

1. NFLRoughDraft

NFLRoughDraft Rookie

Lucky likes this.
  2. Señor Stan

Señor Stan El Guapo

If Prince is the Texans first pick, I will vomit.

Nice work on the mock, though...

3. kiwitexansfan

kiwitexansfan Site Contributor

I like Prince and what he brings to the table, but he, like most CBs need safety help and protection and unless we address that area we will always have an AWFUL secondary.

4. Señor Stan

Señor Stan El Guapo

The one thing I don't like about Prince is his rookie-ness. The Texans need to draft a starter with their 1st pick, and I don't want another rookie starting at CB.

5. VTexan

VTexan The Realist

Drafting another Rookie CB in the first round is still not going to make our defense any better (maybe 3-4 down the road but we need help now!). We need a veteran CB so the young guys can learn from him (namely jackson). Move Quinn to safety and our D doesn't look too bad.

Picking Prince over Robert Quinn is huge fail... just my humble opinion.

6. Wolf6151

Wolf6151 Hall of Fame

Wow that's alot of work, Congrats. I like the Prince Amukamara pick in the 1st round and Sash in the 4th and Powe in the 5th are great value but I don't think they'll go that late.

7. TexCanada

TexCanada Hall of Fame

This seems like the theme of the draft this year. I've heard this phrase way more then I have any other year (maybe its just that I've noticed it more). Personally I think that it is just a fairly deep draft class with a lot of talent to be had in later rounds. There are going to be some great players available in rounds later then we thought they would be, thats for sure.

8. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

A recap of your Texans selections:

I might have gone Quinn @11 and either Aaron Williams or Dowling @42. But Prince and Sheard would be solid picks. I don't think Titus Young is a Texans type WR. Too Ashley Lelie for Kubiak. What I like most about this draft is that you went for hard-nosed physical players to improve the defense. Not just a bunch of guys with good computer numbers. It's the type of draft I could see the Ravens coming up with. That's a compliment. And you made me lookup Troy Weatherhead.

9. SAMURAITEXAN

SAMURAITEXAN Subscribed Contributor

Draft OLB and CB in early rounds(1-3) that I would like for us to do. Hopefully, these picks are starter material guys. If we can fill these needs by FA, that is fine with me too.

Go Texans!!!

10. kiwitexansfan

kiwitexansfan Site Contributor

Yeah, there is 7 rounds worth of round 3-5 talent and very little round 1-2 talent.