Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Mularkey getting offense ready to face No. 1 defense

Vinny

shiny happy fan
FLOWERY BRANCH – Falcons offensive coordinator Mike Mularkey is getting his unit ready to face the No. 1 ranked defense in the league.

The Houston Texans are giving up just 268.4 yards per game and are second in the league in points allowed at 16.3. They have held five straight opponents to 14 points are less.

In our weekly chat on Tuesday, we talked about how some of the key players are doing, the no-huddle attack, Houston defensive coordinator Wade Phillips and the Texans’ playmakers.
http://blogs.ajc.com/atlanta-falcons-blog/2011/11/30/mularkey-getting-offense-ready-to-face-no-1-defense/?cxntfid=blogs_atlanta_falcons_blog&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

DX-TEX

#TomSavageDontCare
ON WHAT MAKES WADE PHILLIPS’ 3-4 SO HARD TO DECIPHER: It’s not hard to decipher. We know where they are going to be. They are not complicated by any means. They play the scheme extremely well. They have the personnel to play the scheme extremely well and they play at a very high level with effort and intensity. It will be a great challenge and matchup for us. But they are not very difficult to decipher.

I hope Wade is sitting somehwere reading this with a **** eating grin on his face and nodding slowly. What is Ryan going to do when Wade unleashes the Kraken on him??

paycheck71

Hall of Fame
I hope Wade is sitting somehwere reading this with a **** eating grin on his face and nodding slowly. What is Ryan going to do when Wade unleashes the Kraken on him??

Last year, when I lived in Dallas, I remember how after another Cowboy loss, I think to the Tits, the tack players said they knew exactly where the blitzes were coming from, who was going to pressure where, etc. So, maybe Mularkey isn't that wrong, maybe it just takes the right kind of players to execute Wade's scheme properly.

drunkcookie

2 drunk 2 cook
I disagree. If the Texans hold Atlanta to under 14, they'll win.
agree... but without the used cheerleader underwear and chocolate Lombardi trophies it will not be as sweet... I was so looking forward to watching Leinart in person Sunday...

Sent from my ryePhone 12G using Tapakeg

badboy

Hall of Fame
I think it will be a confidence thing for Yates. If he fumbles or throws a pick early, he might lose it. Fans will be upset but Gary will probably protect Yates with "safe plays" at least initially. Would like our first play to be a Schaub like hide the ball & throw deep to AJ.

badboy

Hall of Fame
I think it will be a confidence thing for Yates. If he fumbles or throws a pick early, he might lose it. Fans will be upset but Gary will probably protect Yates with "safe plays" at least initially. Would like our first play to be a Schaub like hide the ball & throw deep to AJ.

HOU-TEX

Ah, Football!
Maybe it's just me, but I don't think we'll stop them from scoring at least 20. I don't see us winning this one because I don't think we can score over 20. Especially with our 3rd string QB.

Just throw at Dunta the whole game if you're worried about INTs. He never looks for the ball. :fingergun:

paycheck71

Hall of Fame
Maybe it's just me, but I don't think we'll stop them from scoring at least 20. I don't see us winning this one because I don't think we can score over 20. Especially with our 3rd string QB.
I think it's too early to make any predictions... Honestly, I have no idea what to expect. I know we're playing a rookie, but he has started every game for his college team for 4 years. I think that counts for something, and I don't think that I'd expect him to fold under pressure. All we can do now is wait for Sunday, when we'll find out what we have...

Fili

Rookie
Julio Jones also has a hamstring injury and missed today's practice. He's questionable atm.

edo783

Hall of Fame
In the 60s EVERYONE knew the Packers were going to run the sweep, but dang few could stop it. That is kind of what is going on. They MAY know what we are doing, but dang few are able to stop it. Same can be said for the O-line play. It is what ol Dom was looking for when he was the head coach .....Execution! Downright beautiful to watch when it is done well.

Malloy

Hall of Fame
I'm so loving this rollercoster season, seldom have I been entertained so much!

Damn the torpedos, full speed ahead! Give them hell and never look back, I'm in for the ride, not the photo shoot afterwards! :)

:fans: