Muhsin Muhammad a Texan?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by LoNghoRn-TeXaN, Jan 24, 2005.

1. LoNghoRn-TeXaN

LoNghoRn-TeXaN Veteran

Texans Praising Muhammad?

If unsubstantiated rumors are running rampant, it must be the offseason. RotoWorld.com, a fantasy sports website, is reporting that the Texans, along with the Giants, have interest in signing Panthers wide receiver Muhsin Muhammad, assuming the veteran receiver is cut before a $10 million roster bonus is due to him in early March. The site speculates that Muhammad is likely to sign with the highest bidder.

It is not yet a given, however, that Muhammad is free to seek offers from other teams. According to ESPN.com, Panthers general manager Marty Hurney and Muhammad's agent, Joel Segal, will convene next week in Alabama prior to the Senior Bowl to discuss renegotiating the roster bonus and final year on Muhammad's contract before he is released.

Muhammad, who will turn 32 in May, is seeking big dollars following the best season of his nine-year career in 2004, a year in which he led the entire NFL in both receiving yards (1,405) and receiving touchdowns (16).

Despite his age and history of injury, Muhammad could be targeted by the Texans as a possible replacement for unrestricted free agent Corey Bradford. Coincidentally, Texans head coach Dom Capers was the Panthers' head coach when Carolina selected Muhammad in the second round of the 1996 draft.

http://houstonprofootball.com

What do you think about this?? I personally would love a veteran addition. He made the probowl this year and certainly is a million times better than Bradford, but would we pay him enough to make a Texan? He will command a lot of money.

2. scourge

scourge Digression King

I would be surprised if the Texans put up big money for a WR. I think he'd make a nice #2, but is that what he's looking to be?

3. rittenhouserobz

rittenhouserobz Hall of Fame

I would equate his effect on the offense to that of Marcus Robinsons effect on the Minnesota offense. A second big WR that can catch and opens up the field. Gaffney and Armstrong would still be good slot recievers. The OL still has to improve for Muhsin to have this effect on the offense.

4. Grid

Grid Hall of Fame

hes a great run blocker too.. id love to have him if we could do it.

5. D-ReK

D-ReK RAWWWRR!

He'd be a good addition, but I wouldn't pay him too much...He's 32 and, despite this season's numbers, he may be entering the twilight of his career...With the season he has had, he will command a lot of money, and I'm not sure that it will be money well spent...

6. F-minus67

F-minus67 Hall of Fame

I wouldn't having him on the team. Good go to guy who hardly ever drops a ball. I don't think he will leave the Panthers, since he played his entire career there. He will most likely restucture his deal with them.

7. LBC_Justin

LBC_Justin All Pro

have to agree with ya here.

If the Texans are going to drop some cash on a Free Agent, I personally think it needs to be on the Defense or on a Line Man.

8. OzzO

OzzO .. and then?

A little older news, but just another viewpoint...

kffl

9. Honoring Earl 34

Honoring Earl 34 Hey Koolaid

:howdy: I hate to beat a dead horse but, why dream of wideouts when we have the best young reciever in the game and can't find the time to get him the ball . It appears to me our WRs are fine. Gaffney was the 3rd ranked WR. coming out of Florida when he was drafted .
    We used a 1st round pick on A.J. and Gaffney slipped into round 2 for us. If you remember our QB was the first player picked. We have also used two 2nd rounders on Hollings and Joppru. Thats two 1st rounders and three 2nd rounders on skill positions .
    We look alot worse than we are because of theres no time to throw. Could you shoot a duck if it flew 200 MPH ? Could you solve the Wheel of Fortune if you only had 2 seconds between spins ? If you answer no then you can pity Carr. :coolb:

10. TheTim5125

TheTim5125 Veteran

He would be a nice #2 WR how tall is he i thought he was a pretty big guy

11. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

Let's remember this is the year we start competing for the playoffs and getting talent of this nature is where we can do that. getting our needs through the draft can help to keep us at a winning pace.

12. ccdude730

ccdude730 Hall of Fame

i think CC and co. would rather get burress before muhsin. reports are saying he doesnt want to resign with the steelers also. what do yall think about him?

13. TexansTrueFan

TexansTrueFan Hall of Fame

yeah i'm sure with all the time the OL gives carr, he will do us a lot of good. We have some really good recievers as it is, what we really need is an offensive line that will provide carr protection so we can actually utilize our WR !

14. texan279

texan279 Hall of Fame

Not Burress. Read this. LINK

I think WR is should be last on our list of needs...

15. ccdude730

ccdude730 Hall of Fame

i believe the thread was about the thoughts of acquiring a WR on the free agent market. i was putting in my 2 cents of who i belive we would rather go after. lets see how the line turns out this year before we start making changes.

help me understand. he does not want to be there.

16. TexansTrueFan

how old is burress ? isnt he up there in age ?

17. ccdude730

ccdude730 Hall of Fame

Position: WR
    Height: 6-5
    Weight: 226
    Born: 08/12/1977
    College: Michigan State
    NFL Experience: 5

18. texan279

texan279 Hall of Fame

He has a ***** attitude and all he basically talks about is poor little old me, I don't get the ball enough. And the thread was about acquiring a WR. That's why I said I think WR is not one of our needs right now.

19. TexansTrueFan

no point in getting another WR if we have no O-Line to protect carr long enough to get them the ball !

20. texan279

texan279 Hall of Fame

I said that exact same thing in another post, and even if Carr had all of the time in the world, I would not change our WR lineup except for Bradford.