Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Moulds Trade Official

This deal was 100% fantastic. Eric Moulds is a strong, fast wide reciever, and he was a good catch. Andre Johnson is doing an amazing job, but we still needed someone else to get the attention off of him on the field. Anyone who thinks the Mould deal was bad, they are wrong in the head.

:redtowel:

TeXaN 80 said:
This deal was 100% fantastic. Eric Moulds is a strong, fast wide reciever, and he was a good catch. Andre Johnson is doing an amazing job, but we still needed someone else to get the attention off of him on the field. Anyone who thinks the Mould deal was bad, they are wrong in the head.

:redtowel:

Yep. The two of them are going to feed off of each other. Go ahead, double one of them if you want guys. Someone is going to get burned pretty quick doing that. If you've got the secondary that can get that job done then guess what? Reggie Bush just went in motion and Domanick Davis is still in the backfield. Work it out.

I'm glad a deal got done, but it irks me that there hasn't been any official confirmation from either party. There's nothing on the Texans site, and the NFL.com story states that "there is nothing official to report". I hope I'm just being paranoid.

big homey said:
I'm glad a deal got done, but it irks me that there hasn't been any official confirmation from either party. There's nothing on the Texans site, and the NFL.com story states that "there is nothing official to report". I hope I'm just being paranoid.

It has been reported on ESPN, KFFL, and even Eric Moulds and his agent commented on him going to Houston.

big homey said:

It is showing Moulds signed by the Texans on NFL.com/AFC signings. Everything is done, Don't worry.

texansfan1974 said:
It is showing Moulds signed by the Texans on NFL.com/AFC signings. Everything is done, Don't worry.

We don't have to worry anymore. We have locked him up, and I read in an article that we are filling one need at a time. Next up is CB! Let's bring in Charles Woodson before he's signed!

texansfan1974 said:
Thank you for your comment!! I don't know about yal fixing to do tonight (I guess for yal it would be tomorrow night)but, I am going to have very expensive SUSHI and SAKE!:yahoo: :gotexans1

When do we think the "Official Texans" announcement will be made? Thursday friday ??? MONDAY????

I really wanna see what # he takes

Texizgreat said:
When do we thing the "Official Texans" announcement will be made? Thursday friday ??? MONDAY????

We already had to wait a week to find out if he was coming to us so who knows :tv:

Oilers/Texans said:
Fourth rounder or fifth rounder, what difference does it really make? This deal is worth either one or even both.
It makes a huge difference. Our 4th rounder is the first pick of the 2nd day. We will have lots of time to review all of the players not picked the first day and see who has fallen. We will for sure pick up a sleeper there. Plus the fact that Eric Moulds does not have 10 more years ahead of him. Come on, he is good, but for how much longer? A band aid fixes a problem quicky, a stitch fixes it for a long time......

hollywood_texan said:
Yeah, but you don't understand, we get Moulds and he is an All-Pro, it's more than worth it.

Actually, we are getting a steal from Buffalo.

I understand that Moulds is a valuable addition to the team and I'm happy to have him. But there's a big difference between our fourth and fifth round picks, which is what I was pointing out.

hollywood_texan said:
As Casserly pointed out at that time, we really only gave up a 2nd round pick because a 3rd pick is not likely to start on your team. We got a starter in Buchanon due to the trade.

If we really don't need our 3rd round pick, then we don't really need are 4th or 5th round picks or really anything after that.

Domanick Davis and Jerome Mathis were 4th round picks, so I'd say there's a great chance that you can get a starter in that round. Heck, looking at our draft history, the fourth round is our most successful round after the first round. Any round in a draft can produce a starter... wasn't Tom Brady a sixth round draft pick?

Texizgreat said:
When do we thing the "Official Texans" announcement will be made? Thursday friday ??? MONDAY????

I say Monday. They will do a joint press conference with him and Reggie both signing :)

Texizgreat said:

I think he will be #82, because he's #80-2...? :confused:

rblnick said:
Actually, the trade is not official yet. All parties have agreed, but the league has not approved the deal. Once it is approved by the NFL, then there will be an announcement and press conference by the team.

:rolleyes: How long does it take for the NFL to approve the deal

Apoch said:
Terrell Davis was a 6th rounder too. (one of a few in the 2k yd club)

Rod Smith wasn't drafted (first UDFA to hit 10,000 yds)

Shannon Sharpe was a 7th rounder. (most prolific TE in NFL history)

There are many steals if you are lucky enough to find them.

i'm counting 3 people there (4 with Brady).....not 'many.'

giving up a 5th for Moulds is undisputably a great deal.

The late round picks are a lottery.... there is a reason that people are picked that late... no one thinks they will be any good.

Moulds is a sure thing for the short term at least.... and right now we need some immediate impact

Apoch said:
Terrell Davis was a 6th rounder too. (one of a few in the 2k yd club)

Rod Smith wasn't drafted (first UDFA to hit 10,000 yds)

Shannon Sharpe was a 7th rounder. (most prolific TE in NFL history)

There are many steals if you are lucky enough to find them.

So how did jarrod baxter, ramon walker, and drew hodgon fare? because they are the only 5th round picks in franchise history...and i would rather have moulds than any of them.

TexanFan881 said:
I know there's another thread on this, but it's official :)

I can't believe the Mould's Thread was disrespected this way. I know it is in the final stage of its carreer, but it deserves better.

It is the all time thread in the Texans young history. I feel for Mould's Thread and its family. Hopefully it can catch on at another message board.

All the same I think it deserves its own official link

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/news_detail.php?PRKey=2483

Goodbye Mould's Thread.

Moulds has a current streak of 111 games with at least one catch.

As if Carr doesn't have his hands full already. Oh, if the streak doesn't continue we can blame it on the offensive line.

Moulds is a nice pickup for the short term.

hollywood_texan said:
Moulds has a current streak of 111 games with at least one catch.

As if Carr doesn't have his hands full already. Oh, if the streak doesn't continue we can blame it on the offensive line.

Moulds is a nice pickup for the short term.

Another factor not mentioned often enough is that Rice and he have worked out a lot together. AJ talked to Rice at the beginning of the season. I wonder if JR might just show up to continue to train for the fun of it with his friends. Now, that would be mighty friendly of him. Would be a trill to for more than a few, I bet...

Been a while since I posted. I gotta say that this off season is the best in Texans history. Firing Capers, Hiring Kubiak,Sherman, signing Moulds,Flanagan, Putzier, and hopefully we will draft Bush!!!!

:cool:

Man 2100+ posts has to be a record for this board.:yahoo:

Frak The Jags said:
I think it has beaten Orlando "Dont call me Beltran" Pace

O yeah I think the Pace one was like 800+

Had that trade went down(Pace) we wouldn't have the first pick, uggh. I would be :crying:

TG we have the 1st pick.:redtowel:

Frak The Jags said:
Reggie ? Or Pace ? That a No-Brainer.

Oh yeah. This offense is going to be high octane for sure. Opposing defenses will not be able to concentrate on throwing everything at Carr now. He has so many options. Now we can concentrate on drafting BPA instead of need. :yahoo: C'mon August!

I believe this was the offseason we got Kevin Walter....everyone hated that acquisition and he ended up doing more for us than Moulds did.

Back