Most Underused Players

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Ali4Real, Jan 21, 2008.

1. Ali4Real

Ali4Real Guest

I was wondering about the Texans, why don't we use the fullback (Vonta Leach) and Owen Daniels more often. I feel that both of these players can help us out in the passing game as well as get the pressure off of Andre Johnson. Most teams that we play cover AJ and sometimes play "relaxed" against our other WRs.

I feel that we need to pass more to Vonta Leach, Owen Daniels, and Kevin Walters (Who I think can become anohter TJ Houshmanzadeh for us).

What do u guys think?

[​IMG]

2. nero THE zero

nero THE zero Hall of Fame

I think Vonta gets his share of catches. He has fairly reliable hands but you can count on one hand the number of times he's broken a tackle after making a catch. He usually catches it in the flat and is immediately taken down for a small gain. Nothing impressive and nothing I think warrants more plays targeting him.

I do agree about OD though. He really didn't see much action, especially in the red zone, early in the season. Though in the latter parts of the season he started to get more looks. I don't know what factored into it (play calling, AJ's injury, Sage vs Matt at QB, etc) but I hope we can keep it up going into next season.

3. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

I disagree only in saying I do not expect the FB to run for many yards after the catch; but as an escape valve dump off, he should see more passes. If he can pick up 3-5 per catch and prevent a sack or busted play, he will be successfull. ALso, next season having the D focusing on WR AJ & AD long, Walter and Jacoby mid-range and TE wherever, the FB should occasionally be lost in the shuffle and catch a first down or two. We should have a pretty good arsenal for our QBs and maybe a new back also.

If our new offense does not eat up a lot more grass, something will be wrong in Denver er Houston.

4. WesmanTexanfan

WesmanTexanfan SeNior Smack

Play Zach Diles!!!!

Allstar likes this.
  5. Specnatz

Specnatz Site Contributor

Psst, he is a defensive player. Just thought you would want to know that before you stick your foot in your mouth.

6. WesmanTexanfan

yes, i am aware,mlb from k state, though he should move outside cuz i want to see him play more, did i miss somthing? he is an "underused player" IMO

7. Specnatz

Specnatz Site Contributor

OK, but the last several post were about offense and using FB and you just shouted out Zach Diles, without anything else said about how you wanted him used more.

8. WesmanTexanfan

My B, sometimes i see titles of threads and just post a response to that.....

9. Goldensilence

Goldensilence hipster elite

Reminds me of JohnsonFan.

10. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

Funny.... I was just about to 'ask Brakos' if Wesman TexanFan was really JohnsonFan.... :)

11. WesmanTexanfan

because i answer the damn thread title? you guys are freakin rediculous, Owen daniels gets used as much as he can, vonte is good but he funbled like every other possesion and ZACH DILES shoulda been played more says me and some guy named gary kubiak.... geeeezz

12. WesmanTexanfan

what does this mean? is johnson fan a stat machine like me or somthing?

13. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

Because your 'guerilla style' posting reminds us of JohnsonFan... That's all.

14. WesmanTexanfan

ahhhh..... i do some eratic posting indeed....

i do think its stupid that homeboy reminded everyone what side of the ball zach plays on..... i remind everyone this thread is titled "MOST UNDERUSED PLAYERS" like zach diles this last year...

whe you assume you make an a$$ out of U and ME.....

15. Goldensilence

Goldensilence hipster elite

You forgot the top notch spelling skills....er skillz.

16. WesmanTexanfan

haha lol, im of the younger generation where spelling is not important anymore, no sarcasm.... it really isnt stressed in school that much at all. plus i personnaly dont care for grammer:shades:

17. hadaad

hadaad All Pro

Really?

18. WesmanTexanfan

ya,expression and creativity are more important and they want you to spell correctly but it isnt as important as it once was(basein this on how my dad was taught) and as for gramer, thats out the window.. "you cant alwasy express yourself and your writting with proper grammer" is kinda the saying behind that.... to be honest i kinda wish they did teach it more, also HISD sucks...... sooooo....

19. drewmar74

drewmar74 disgruntled

Actually, I'm not that much older than you and I have to say that spelling and grammar really do still count in the business world. It's not a generational thing at all.

20. WesmanTexanfan

ummm 13 years is quite a bit..... and like i said HISD sucks, and im going into the sports radio Business sooo.. plus when im on a site like this i get lazy, as long as you know what i mean, i dont care how its spelled....