Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Most to Prove Monday

What do you most want to see Monday?

• Run the ball effectively

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Defense - stop the run specifically and force turnovers!

Votes: 54 73.0%
  • Doesn't matter just get out with all the starters healthy, thats enough

Votes: 11 14.9%
  • One of the above but mostly revenge on Jared Allen

Votes: 8 10.8%

• Total voters

m5kwatts

Veteran
Which one of these do you need to see the Texans prove they can do vs. a quality playoff opponent Monday night?

If we don't develop a run D and positive TO ratio, we most likely don't develop into a playoff team.

Last edited:
I voted B because my real answer isn't listed.
I have the most to prove.
I have to prove I can drink during a game and leave without wanting to kill the nearest opposing fan I see.
This normally isn't a problem, but the Saits game brought out the ugly in me when I was leaving the stadium...

If we don't develop a run D and positive TO ratio, we most likely don't develop into a playoff team.

Gonna echo Cloak's thoughts on this. I will have a good idea if we are a playoff caliber team by half-time Monday night.

i certainly will not be doing any judging on how the team will be as a whole based on a preseason game, however long the starters play or not. I'd like the defense to look better, but i'm not gonna throw our whole season down the drain because of a preseason game. Geez people are freaking out over a silly PRACTICE game. We might be a sucky team this year by some random chance, but it won't be because our defense played poorly in a scrimmage. We might have something to worry about if more Mike Bell types rush for 150 on us week in and week out, but it'll legitimately be something to start complaining about if it happens during the season. Mini rant over.

Surprised no one has said running game since thats something you'd think would be a given after last year

... I wouldn't expect our D to shine in the preseason - there's nothing to gain from showing your hand as far as defensive playcalling and your tendencies and what you wanna do different from last year

...I wouldn't be surprised if the D looked listless on Monday, as long as they're showing effort and don't get hurt I'll be satisfied...save the blitzing and different looks for Week 1

i voted for the Jared Allen one. although his quote this morning on sportscenter was absolutely hilarious i still want to see his head taken off. i wouldn't imagine we'd see much of an improvement in the running game seeing as it's AfreakingP that's coming to town leading the most potent running game in the league but if the DL and company kept their first teamers to under a hundred you wouldn't see me complaining.

Since the first teamers will be playing the first half, I'd like to see us have a lead at halftime just to show we can do it against a good team.

I'd like to see Farve laid out on the grass.

I'd like to see Sage have a good second half. Yeah, that's right, so sue me. I hope Sage beats out Farve for the starting QB spot.

I'd like our D to get mean and nasty.

But most of all, I don't want any injuries from this game.

Since the first teamers will be playing the first half, I'd like to see us have a lead at halftime just to show we can do it against a good team.

I'd like to see Sage have a good second half. Yeah, that's right, so sue me. I hope Sage beats out Farve for the starting QB spot.

I'd like our D to get mean and nasty.

But most of all, I don't want any injuries from this game.

I also would like to see Farve laid out on the grass -several times would be nice.

Don't think if Sage plays "lights out" in the second half he would end up being the starting QB as you do not pay someone 15 mill to be second string and sit on the bench.

I also would like to see the D get real mean and nasty.

But most of all - no injuries. It is still only preseason and the games mean absolutely nothing in the W-L column for the season.

Don't think if Sage plays "lights out" in the second half he would end up being the starting QB as you do not pay someone 15 mill to be second string and sit on the bench.

Well, the Texans have sure had a long history of paying millions for players ending up second string, sitting on the bench, or living on IR (following known intractable injury history),..............in most cases, it's called a poor decision.............. a mistake.

Nice piece on Sage's return to Reliant. LINK

"I have absolutely no bitterness toward Coach Kubiak," Rosenfels said. "I have the utmost respect for him. I think he's a phenomenal head coach. I think the players respect him. I think he does things the right way. He expects players to be pros and prepare and play the right way. I don't think that you'll find any player that says he didn't like playing for Coach Kubiak. Put me on that list, because he probably taught me as much about the game as any coach I've had in my NFL career."

Rosenfels still keeps in touch with tackle Eric Winston and other members of the team and front office.

"It's probably the most fun that I've had and the most cohesive group that I've been around since I've been in the NFL over the course of my nine years," he said. "Just a great group of guys. I think that cohesiveness and that closeness that those guys have is the reason why they're so successful offensively there, along with Kyle Shanahan and Kubiak's offense."

It will be interesting to see how Texans fans treat Rosenfels, who had his ups and downs in Houston. As a starter here, his record was 6-4, including a 2-0 mark in nationally televised games against the Denver Broncos and Jacksonville Jaguars.

When asked what type of reaction he expects to receive Monday, Rosenfels said he wasn't sure but hopes he's greeted warmly.

"I loved playing in Houston and loved playing for those fans," he said. "Even though it's a preseason game, I'm sure they'll be rocking and rolling on Monday night. They were rocking and rolling (in the) last Monday night (game) against Jacksonville. They were a major key to us winning that football game and us having success in those games........

..........."After the Vikings, I am a big Texans fan," Rosenfels said. "I have a lot invested in that team, taking it from a 2-14 team the year before I got there to a playoff contender the last couple years. I really do hope that they make the playoffs. I think that Coach Kubiak does an outstanding job, and I hope that they can make the playoffs and be there for years and years to come."

You know he was frustrated not being able to start more often here, or to get traded elsewhere before he did so he could compete for a starting job on another team since that opportunity was no longer there after they made the deal to get Schaub. And yet the guy still has those things to say.
What a classy, really gracious guy Sage is.

I would like to see something from the defense. I don't expect full throttle in a pre-season game, but it would be nice to see a spark of hope. Mostly, I want everyone to walk off the field in the same condition they walked on the field. We've had enough injuries.

I also hope the fans don't boo Rosenfels - he is one of the good guys.

I would like to see something from the defense. I don't expect full throttle in a pre-season game, but it would be nice to see a spark of hope. Mostly, I want everyone to walk off the field in the same condition they walked on the field. We've had enough injuries.

I also hope the fans don't boo Rosenfels - he is one of the good guys.

Rosenfels has the chance to be a good guy if he puts ex-lax in Jared Allen's gatorade every week for the next 20 weeks.

I want to see if our defense has
glengarry-glen-ross.jpg

Figuratively speaking of course...

I'm just happy to boo Rosemary one more time for trying to fly.

Yeah, it's a practice game but I'd still like to see some good plays made. Especially on D against the run. I mean that first game will have Thomas Jones and Leon Washington licking their chops and even with a rookie QB making his 1st ever start, that game gets a whole lot tougher if you can't stop those guys.

Save our bullets for the Jets, we'll unleash the Cush monster and this whole "aggressive violent" defense week 1

Gonna echo Cloak's thoughts on this. I will have a good idea if we are a playoff caliber team by half-time Monday night.

I agree with CnnnD but I don't think it's quite fair to say that our performance in a preseason game is indicative of how we will play wk 1. It is relevant but it's still a mostly base D. (i'm not one who believes that our actual defense will be drastically different but it's still a full install versus a base.) I think it's more important to focus on individual matchups because of that. How does player x shed blocks? How does player y do in press coverage etc..

Back