Most Improved Player for 09

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by J-Russ, Jun 6, 2008.

?

Which of these players will be most improved?

1. Matt Schaub

11 vote(s)
    15.7%
  2. Jacoby Jones

13 vote(s)
    18.6%
  3. Amobi Okoye

24 vote(s)
    34.3%
  4. Zach Diles

5 vote(s)
    7.1%
  5. Fred Bennet

6 vote(s)
    8.6%
  6. Will Demps

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Ahman Green

6 vote(s)
    8.6%
  8. Others

5 vote(s)
    7.1%
  1. J-Russ

J-Russ Hall of Fame

Who do you think will make the most impact next year that didn't have that much last year, whether its by injuries, rookie wall, didn't get much playing time for most season, etc.

2. TEXANRED

TEXANRED Texan-American

Schaub. I think he will throw for over 3500 yards and double digit TD's.

3. b0ng

b0ng Ooops

Okoye. He looked hungry last year. This year ought to be something.

4. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

09? Isn't that next year?

For this year I'll take Mario or Okoye. Next year I'll take the same.

It would be totally cool to have two or three reps from our team make the defensive line all stars.

5. J-Russ

J-Russ Hall of Fame

Well, I meant 08-09 season, my fault. And Mario already had his breakout season last year so I left him off.

Well, I chose Matt Schaub for my MIP. I truly believe he has the skills and the players around him this year to atleast be in the top 10 QB category.

6. ATXtexanfan

ATXtexanfan Site Contributor

okoye, the kid will become a man

7. b0ng

b0ng Ooops

Some KFFL piece on Schaub that seems pretty unbiased

Figured you would like that. It's a fantasy article but does have it's on-field merits.

DocBar likes this.
  8. J-Russ

J-Russ Hall of Fame

Thanks for the article. I hope he can stay healthy through the 08 season, so he can be view as a legit starting QB around the league. I have no doubt he can produce at a high rate, as long as his line holds up and he has a decent running game.

9. b0ng

b0ng Ooops

I think if the Texans end up with a running game then he will get harassed less and less as the O-line begins clicking more.

Even with all that Okoye could easily help the defense improve from 22 to top 15 or even 10. That'd be such a jump he'd almost have to be most improved. The offense was already in the top 12, they'd have to pass up the likes of SD, Indy and Boston to really get elite. Maybe next year.

10. DocBar

DocBar Hall of Fame

I'm going to go with Diles. He's a 7th rounder and Kubes has RAVED about the guy. Okoye is a 1st rounder with an impressive rookie season behind him, so he SHOULD improve and be a differencce maker. I like the underdog angle with Diles. I really like the LB squad on paper. I can't wait to see them in action.

11. rmartin65

rmartin65 I'm Score

I say Jacoby Jones. He has the athleticism, and he looked good in pre-season. The injury really set him back, but this year I expect a good year. At least 600 precieving yards and 4 TD's, along with 3 PR TD's.

12. Corrosion

Corrosion Idealist

I went with Bennet ..... He had a solid rookie year , has size and speed to match up with any reciever .

Linemen tend to take a couple seasons and Okoye is still kinda young , I expect him to make a steady improvement over several seasons but no big jumps.

Schaub .... I think what we saw from him last season when he was healthy is what we get from him again.

Jacoby Jones has a load of talent .... I hope he learned from his offseason mistakes and concentrates on football rather rather than other things. He's another guy who I think will have a steady long term development .

Ahman Green ..... He's not the same back he was in GB and never will be . (I had posted some stats in another thread , dont have time to dig them up)He'll need to make a real improvement just to stay on the roster.

Zach Diles is one of those guy's that just seems to find a way .... Something to be said for a 7th rounder who's going to stick around in the NFL for a while.

Will Demps Pro Bowl Alternate ? ..... I musta missed it . Upgrade over G.Earl but I dunno about making a big leap .

13. Brandon420tx

Brandon420tx Flounder

I put others for the entire O-Line.

b0ng likes this.
  14. BigBull17

BigBull17 Hall of Fame

Zach Diles. He is hungry and taking advice from Demeco. He works hard and will beat out who ever to be a solid contributer.

15. J-Russ

J-Russ Hall of Fame

Btw guys, this is most improved from last years performance, not their career.

So for ex. I might pick Ahman if I think he'll stay healthy and produce over a 1,000 on 4.2 ypc, since he only played in 3 games and have like 250 yards on 3.7 yards avg from last year.

16. The Pencil Neck

The Pencil Neck Subscribed Contributor

I went with Jacoby because, although I think a lot of those other guys are going to have great years, I think Jacoby might just break out this year. He was injured for most of last year and he never really recovered. He tried to play through it and it just screwed us up.

The word in training camp is that he's really showing some great flashes. So I think he might have a huge breakout season.

Of course, if he has a big breakout season, that means our QB is going to be doing pretty well, too.

17. Showtime100

Showtime100 Got JJ?

I took Okoye. Ahman certainly has room for the most improvement, but like the others I just don't see anything left in the guy.

18. Giant Tiger

Giant Tiger Hall of Fame

Smiths Falls, Heart of the Rideau Canal-UNESCO Wor
    Me too. I want to see them push back the defense. Especially in short yardage situations:aggressive:

19. b0ng

b0ng Ooops

For just a second, and only because it's the morning and I had to wake up early, I really really thought training camp was going on. . .:gun:

July 24th cannot get here fast enough.

20. The Pencil Neck

The Pencil Neck Subscribed Contributor

Pick, pick, pick. OTA's and Mini-camp. My bad. :headhurts: