Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Most impressive rookies in camp.

El Tejano

Hall of Fame
I know it is too early but I am not asking who we think is going to dominate this year as a rookie. My question is, who has been the most impressive rookie in camp so far?

I think Charlie Anderson has a real shot at making the team as a backup OLB. He reminds me a lot of Peek. It's still too early to tell though..... Need to see him in game situations.

aj. said:
I think Charlie Anderson has a real shot at making the team as a backup OLB. He reminds me a lot of Peek. It's still too early to tell though..... Need to see him in game situations.
Please don't tell me that Anderson (I think a 6th rounder), is a more impressive rookie LB than Jason Babin !

aj was just saying he thinks Anderson is having a good camp to where he could make the roster. Babin is obviously looking impressive or he wouldn't be pencilled in as the starter for the first defense. :)

blockhead83 said:
aj was just saying he thinks Anderson is having a good camp to where he could make the roster. Babin is obviously looking impressive or he wouldn't be pencilled in as the starter for the first defense. :)
Actually I think Babin was pencilled in as a starter because he was handed the job before anybody took a single snap in Summer Camp. It is his to lose. I want to confirm that he is not just the second most impressive rookie LB in camp - I have not yet had the opportunity myself to watch him perform.

I saw Anderson play at Ole Miss and he was always double teamed. He played a bit thicker than he is now since he was on the end, but he was always someone the opponent offense had to account for. However, I never really gave him too much thought when I was watching Rebel games. I wish I played closer attention to him then. I'm pulling for him. I'm a big fan of the U of M.

I guess Charles Anderson is competing with former Titan Anthony Dunn for the back up LOLB spot. I believe that the VERY early depth chart posted by the Texans shows Dunn ahead of Anderson.

Does anyone have any idea how Dunn is doing so we can gauge Anderson's chances. Anderson would also have a chance to impress on spec. teams to move ahead of Dunn if he's a factor there.

Please don't tell me that Anderson (I think a 6th rounder), is a more impressive rookie LB than Jason Babin !
If you want to be Capt. Obvious and talk about Dunta and Babin in this thread, be my guest. I was just trying to add something about one of the other seven who impressed me in the brief time I had to watch him in drills the other night.

aj. said:
If you want to be Capt. Obvious and talk about Dunta and Babin in this thread, be my guest. I was just trying to add something about one of the other seven who impressed me in the brief time I had to watch him in drills the other night.

someone named aj has a case of the mondays!

Back