Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Most disappointing loss...

pittbull

Rookie
That happens to be the poll question on the opening page, but there is no doubt in my mind, that was the most disappointing for me, since we got a new franchise team. After all the hype we were being given, national coverage, coming off two huge wins, and the team looking sharp on both sides of the ball, to go to Denver and get rolled over, it was bad. I know, I know, many teams have let downs, but it looked as though there was no passion at all. Is the Denver air really that deadly to an athlete? The most excitement came from Wells after the blocked punt, then it was emotionless the rest of the game. Hopefully, this week in Indy will be different. Bad defense, offensive letdown after monday night, could give the Texans a well needed steal in the middle of the season! 5-4 sounds good to me right now! :headbang:

Vinny

shiny happy fan
The last two teams that beat us are a combined 11-5 and lead both of their divisions.

I'm not dissapointed. I think some of you guys are very unrealistic.

jhawktx

Noob
We were underdogs by 6 whereas we were favorites at home vs. Chargers. To me, it's not even close that the Chargers game was more disappointing...even if the Chargers have turned out not to be the doormat everyone thought they would be.

TEXANS84

Staff member
2-2 against AFC West teams....that was pretty much the "target" before the season. Although I thought the wins would have come from the Chargers/Raiders, and the losses coming from the Cheifs/Broncos.

i'd say most dissapointing was detroit because in the first game we saw what we could do if we didnt turn the ball over ,,,,and in the second game we still turned the ball over and that put us down 0-2 !!! We will have good days and bad days and that had to be the worst performance i've seen all year !! I figured if we didnt win it'd atleast be close ! Oh well moving on to the colts

"we missed the the horse now on to its colt"

TexSon

Veteran
TexansTrueFan said:
i'd say most dissapointing was detroit because in the first game we saw what we could do if we didnt turn the ball over ,,,,and in the second game we still turned the ball over
Agreed... that game was rough to take.

beerlover

Hall of Fame
I would have to say the Chargers game was the most dissapointing game.

#1 it was the season opener & the Texans had never lost a season opener.
#2 we were favored I think by 3 points over the Chargers
#3 the Charger game was a home game
#4 I paid the big bucks and was at the game in person
#5 also brought my wife for her first game (Chargers)

Which brings up the point of this board, its all personel opinion of which we all have individual reasons for expressing our own viewpoints. Hopefully we can all come to a general consensous and agree or agree to disagree in an intelligent open forum.

gwallaia

Staff member
The most disappointing loss was the game at home against the Titans last season. That sucked.

RichmondTexanFan

Practice Squad
Lord have mercy on the Texans' team. I guess it is just one of those major bumps in the road. I will say this. I just hope they can put this back together, 'cause I feel a superbowl ring on those boys' fingers. Can I get an Amen?

12stones

Practice Squad
I didn't even get to see the game so it was really disappointing to come home to a score like that. The only upside to the weekend was that I got a new Harley!!

Hmmm yeah so whats wrong with imagination ??? Imagination is often considered as unrealistic !!! ok ok lets just say noone had an imagination football wouldnt even be around,,, how else can someone come up with people fighting over a ball and trying to get it to the other side of the field ??
We can all dream , and be mad about it if it dont come true !

ledzeppelin229

Hall of Fame
One that is definitely near the top is the *** beating we endured against the Bengals in 2002.

Although both of the final 2 games last season were tough as well.

El_DudeArino

Waterboy
I'm not going to dwell on games 2 weeks ago or 6, especially not last season. I'd have to say this game is the most disappointing as of yet because it's now... I expect us to win but then you have that any given Sunday in effect in the NFL that you always got to factor in. Many upsets occurred this week and ours hurt the most, for me at least. I hate blow outs, I'd rather lose by one friggin point because I love a great matchup and a challenge... :shocked

Grid

All Pro
we have been blown out at least once every season so far :)..im glad we did it against the broncos and not the bengals or something hehe.

I DO think it was a disappointing loss.. but only because it showed that we are not yet a top 10 team. I was hoping we would show that we had taken that huge step :)..but oh well.. not like we arent well on our way to being a top 10.

as for it being the "MOST" disappointing.. nah.. id say the chargers were the most disappointing loss for me.. followed closely by the lions.. but since we dont really have anything to lose this season.. none of our losses really fall into the "incredibly disappointing" column for me.

S

SESupergenius

the worst lost for us to me was the 1st game against the Chargers. It broke our streak of 1st game wins and we had our chances. But when you now see how well SD is doing, i'm feeling better.