Moss To Oakland

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by 2-DUNTA-3, Feb 23, 2005.

1. 2-DUNTA-3

2-DUNTA-3 Rookie

just watching the accenture match play on ESPN...Tiger is doing well by the way, and mick is struggling....and on the bottom line they had breaking news that moss is going to be traded to oakland. they said following the match it would be on sportcenter.

Moss and Porter....might be great if they had a QB who could get it too them.

2. erickwsmom

erickwsmom Rookie

WOW!!! I would have never expected him in Oakland.

3. ThaShark316

ThaShark316 #28

from ESPNEWS.

WOW!

For Napeleon Harris and the 7th pick I believe...

4. Blu

Blu All Pro

someone to throw the Damn ball! :thumbdown
    Now all they need is Rickey Williams and we can nick name them the Blunt Brothers. lol

5. texasguy346

texasguy346 Mod Squad

It's a story from the St. Paul Pioneer Press, and if they have Curry, Moss, Porter then they'll have a pretty prolific offense behind that OLine. Collins has a good arm, and he'll have plenty of targets to throw too. They just need a running game. Apparently the Vikes will get LB Napolean Harris, the 7th Overall pick, and a late pick in the 2005 draft.

St. Paul Pioneer Press

6. LikeABoss

LikeABoss All Pro

Damn, Al Davis worked his magic on this one. Joey Porter and Randy Moss, but I wonder if Daunte is gonna struggle now since he is losing his best WR now :hmmm:

7. Grid

Grid Hall of Fame

This could make it difficult for us to get Lamont Jordan if we want him.. though Travis Henry may be just the kind of RB they like in Oakland.

(i say it will make it difficult cause they have traded their 1st away and if they want a good RB to start next season, they are probably gonna get one from FA)

8. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

I'm sure the Vikes are targeting a WR with the pick. Who? I don't know. But out of Edwards, Williams, & Williamson...someone will be available @ # 7.

Great trade for the Raiders. They're the only organization where Moss' influence won't be a negative. With Collins ability to throw the deep pass and Porter doing the heavy lifting over the middle, Moss is in position to have a monster season. For the short term, the AFC got a little better & the NFC got a little worse.

9. keyfro

keyfro Hall of Fame

randy moss was traded to oakland for neopoleon harris the 7th overall pick and a late round pick all in this years draft...my guess is with the 7th overall pick the vikes will draft edwards or mike williams

10. Ihategeeks

Ihategeeks Hall of Fame

Vikes fans are rabid .....
    As a lions fan I should be happy about this.

But to see an entire fan base screwed over by a bad owner makes me mad

I am sure you Oiler fans can empathize with the vikes Fans.

11. TheOgre

TheOgre Hall of Fame

I know the new owner, Fowler, wanted to keep Moss. It seems strange this is going down.

12. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

Yup. This is the one team Moss goes to where they might be a bad influence
    upon him instead of vise versa. But for sure, life just got tougher for KC, SD, & Denver. But Moss is something special, one of the greatest deep threats ever as far as receivers go.

13. texasguy346

texasguy346 Mod Squad

They're in between owners right now. The new owner said he wouldn't trade Moss, but looks like he wasn't able to do anything about it.

14. keyfro

keyfro Hall of Fame

just announced...randy moss has been traded to the raiders for neopoleon harris, the 7th overall pick, and a late round pick in this years draft...IMO the vikes will be drafting either edwards or mike williams with the 7th overall

15. Blake

Blake MMQB

Sounds to me like the new owner didnt want the vikings fans hating him, so he had Red trade him before he sold the team. Now he can say he wanted to keep Moss, and still get his wish of trading him. It just doesnt make sense to me. :hmmm:

I wouldnt be surprised to see them use the 7th pick on something other than WR, since they have a 2nd first round pick, and could get Williamson.

They could get one of the big 3 RB's with #7.

16. texasguy346

texasguy346 Mod Squad

I'm not sure they'd pick up a RB. There are rumors that Dennis Green is interested in acquiring Bennett from the Vikings since they have Williams/Moore/Smith. Their leading WR with Moss now gone is Nate Burleson, and I'm thinking they might lean towards defense with one of their 1st round picks. If I had to guess who they'd pick I'm betting they've got their eye on DJ to improve their LB corp. It is by far the weakest link on that defense. They've got Harris now, Claiborne, Thomas, and Henderson. Their LBs were torched by the Eagles, and I'm sure it hasn't gone unnoticed. Ever since Beikert retired they've been trying to replace him.

17. Blake

Blake MMQB

Bah, for some reason I was still thinking the Raiders were picking 7th. So im going to have to agree, that it should be a WR, or Defense.

If they could get one of the big 2, its a no brainer, but there will be alot of stud defensive players on the board.

18. AndroidRaider24

AndroidRaider24 Rookie

welcome to oakland baby :D

19. Blake

Blake MMQB

Congrats, I think it was an awesome trade for the Raiders.

That would be like the Texans drafting Randy Moss in the first round, and giving up a late round pick, and Jay Foreman.

20. texasguy346

texasguy346 Mod Squad

Any idea where this will leave Sapp? I heard rumors that he might be cut. Even though Moss is likely to restructure his contract with the Raiders I'm wondering if Davis might let Sapp go to free up some more room.