Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Mort report on Fisher

Just heard that, but I dont think Fisher is unhappy other than that Bud is not giving him an extention. Fisher is a big time coach and would be an awesome pickup, but he is not worth any type of compensation that we would have to give up. Anything above a 5th round as compensation would be to much for me.

Coach C. said:
Just heard that, but I dont think Fisher is unhappy other than that Bud is not giving him an extention. Fisher is a big time coach and would be an awesome pickup, but he is not worth any type of compensation that we would have to give up. Anything above a 5th round as compensation would be to much for me.

If Herm is worth a 4th rounder, Fisher is worth a 4th rounder. I think the Chiefs got a steal. I wouldn't mind a third rounder, just not this year.

Luckily, I had my DVR on ESPN, so I was able to replay the Mort report! Thanks.

Fisher is well worth a 4th rounder or maybe even a 3rd, for this reason: Not only would you be getting a great coach, but you would be taking a great coach from a divisional rival.

Mort just reported that the Texans will pick up the 8 mil option on Carr and we will draft Bush. He sees Bush, Leinart and Young going 1, 2, 3. I cannot honestly think of a worse scenario. I hope this is the one time where Cass is playing hold em and waiting to see what the flop yields.

From a PR standpoint, getting Fisher would be HUGE. If Bud is even considering offers, we've got to be in the mix. A third round or a couple of lower round picks wouldn't be too much IMO.

TD Rivers said:
From a PR standpoint, getting Fisher would be HUGE. If Bud is even considering offers, we've got to be in the mix. A third round or a couple of lower round picks wouldn't be too much IMO.

Who cares about PR. I don't follow coaches. I don't follow players. I just want to win. The TENNheads can keep Fisher and we can Keep our picks. Bud the Dud will cut him if he is tired of him. Dud isn't the brightest of owners.

Didn't see this posted anywhere but I was just listening to Mel Kiper and ESPN radio and they said Mort has spoken with people inside the Texans and they are taking Bush with the #1 pick and not Vince Young because of their desire to win now.

He also talks about N.O. as well but they all seemed adamant, as did Mel, that the Texans should go Bush simply because he becomes your best back and 2nd best WR immediately and that instead of taking a WR #1 or just a RB #1 that the Texans get both with Bush.

Anyway, that's all I really heard...

I heard this on ESPN this morning. Mort quoted NFL sources (don't remember him saying Texans - but maybe he did). Did mention that Young could go to Tennessee at 3. But I read where Martz is high on Young - and if he's hired as the next Saints coach...

I don't think that would be good for the team, especially if people are wanting to draft Bush or Young and then use the 2nd or 3rd round picks on OLinemen since we'd have to give up a 2nd and 3rd for Fisher from what I heard. Fisher isn't my top choice of a coach anyways and all the others we wouldn't have to give up a draft pick for, but if we trade down in the draft and use some of those picks for Fisher and get our OT in the 1st round and more OLinemen with our remaining 2nd and/or 3rd rounders I wouldn't have that big of a problem with it, but sending our 2nd and 3rd to Tennessee for Fisher and drafting Bush or Young at #1 would not be good at all for our team.

LoneStarState said:
I heard this on ESPN this morning. Mort quoted NFL sources (don't remember him saying Texans - but maybe he did). Did mention that Young could go to Tennessee at 3. But I read where Martz is high on Young - and if he's hired as the next Saints coach...

I'm not a Bush supporter, but Martz signing with New Orleans could work in our favor. Tennesse might be willing to accept a swap of picks (#1 for #3) as compensation for Fisher. With New Orleans picking Lienart, that would allow Bush to be picked at #3.

However, if we're not trading down for more picks, I'd rather we took Young.

no way in hell i give up a 2nd and a 3rd for fisher...especially when the chiefs only had to give up a 4th for their new coach....thats a load of bs if i've ever heard any.

I like Jeff Fisher but I wouldn't give up any picks for him. We can't afford to stay at the #1 draft position and give up a pick for a coach. Casserly has given away too many picks already.

Back