Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by real, Jun 22, 2006.
Which of the scenarios listed above do you think is most likely to happen ? And Why ?
I give. What?
Someone is going to post asking most likely to happen between what?
Oops. Just did.
maybe maybe no
I picked the defense going up in the ranks, but I wouldn't be surprised to see the offense close behind. Overall, I see a huge improvement at both ends of the football
I voted DD rushing, but meant to click on AJ scoring 15 rec. td's. :/
DD needs to stay healthy first.
If AJ gets 15 TD's then I am sure Moulds, Putzier, DD, Walters, Mathis and Armstrong could scrape 10 amongst themselves. IMO.
Good poll, man! tough one, too!
I picked "Offensive Line: under 35 Sacks", because it's probably the one that I'm most hopeful will happen. After four seasons and 205 sacks, I'm sick of watching our QB take a pounding game after game.
I picked D.Carr 25 TD's...With our revamped Offense i think He can have a special season...
I voted for the sacks one, although I can see several of them coming true:
1) Carr throwing for 25+ TDs could definitely happen, largely depends on how much they throw vs. run in the red zone.
2) Davis running for 1300 yards I don't really see happening, even with Kubiak's system I have my doubts that he can stay healthy for that kind of production, and I think they will not hesitate to give Davis ample rest and run with our other RBs, which will inevitably take away from Davis' yards.
3) A.J. 15 receiving TDs isn't very likely, as good as he is 15 receiving TDs is quite a rare feat and I doubt we throw the ball enough for one guy to get that many TDs.
4) D-Rob 6 INTs is not overly likely either. It is very difficult to guess how many INTs someone will end up with, and I doubt opposing QBs will throw the ball in Dunta's direction very much at all until we can get a better #2 CB opposite him. As long as Petey and PBuch are playing with Dunta I don't see Dunta getting thrown at more than 2-3 times a game and getting more than 3-4 INTs for a season.
5) Top 12 offense is a little too lofty of an expectation for me, I can see top 21 or so and getting out of the bottom 1/3 of the league but I don't see getting in the top 1/3 yet.
6) Top 15 defense is also a little too lofty of an expectation. Likewise I can see us getting into the top 21 or so but not quite this high. Both of these will be contingent on each other though, a high-ranking offense likely means our defense is being kept off the field a decent amount and is being effective when it is on the field and vice versa. These two characteristics are ideally not independent of each other.
7) Jerome Mathis 3 KR TD. Not sure he'll be healthy for enough of the year for this to happen. I would love to see it but I don't know.
8) Offensive line under 35 sacks. I definitely expect this to happen. I think we will run the ball much more effectively which will help us move the ball and avoid obvious passing situations and I think we will have a much better offensive scheme which will do likewise and give Carr more options to do something with the ball.
I went with Dunta and the 6 INT's. More pressure on the QB should hopefully produce more turnovers for the defense and this guy should be in the middle of all that.
I voted for DD hitting over 1300 yds. The only "if" (and it's a big one) is if he can stay healthy for 13+ games. If he can he'll get it.
Good poll though. Makes you think.
Kubiak's specialty is offense so I'm looking forward to an improved offense in general that will rank close to the top 10. I think the defense will improve but we have lot's of new players on defense and we're young on that side of the ball. With veterans like Moulds, Flanagan, Putzier, and the returning cast I think we should see a much improved offense.
I think they can all happen. I think the OL only allowing 35 sacks will be the easiest thing to happen this year after how much we improved it and Mike Sherman and all.
i think everyone has great points and it looks like we all agree that we are a much improved team overall. i cant wait for the season to start.
No takers on Mathis' three kr for TD ?
Is it bad that i dont think ANY of it is going to happen?
Nope. I think they are all pretty lofty goals given last years performance.
I went with Top 15 defense. I think the transition to the 4-3 along with the additions of Weaver, DeMeco, and that Mario feller will pay dividends right away.
i picked DD 1300 yards because he got 1000 yards with a horrible line as a rookie and with an improved line he could do it IF healthy
I voted for the O-line giving up less than 35 sacks. With the new talent and better coaching, I think that's easily achievable. I almost voted for DD rushing for over 1300 yards, but he always seems to be hurt (not out of games, but nicked up a lot more than other players).
Separate names with a comma.