Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Money Leagues

Hagar

Drink up yall, its the Texans!
I've been playing on a Fantasy League at work for a couple of years now. We have fun with it and we play for money - $75 entry with $1 free agent & trade adds. Pay out is $10 for the highest score each week and a 75/25% payout at the end for 1st and 2nd place.

I don't think its an expensive league but one of the guys complained this year.

I'm curious, what is the money like on your league(s)?

PS: If you're in a non-gambling league then comment on if you think this is an expensive league.

I am in 2 paid leagues, both with CBSsportsline. The first team was $40 bucks and second team was $30 bucks. So I would definitely play for that amount. Both of my leagues have a grand prize of $200. What's the prize amounts end up being in your league, I assume it fluctuates based on trades and waiver add/drops?

I wish I could play with people I know like you are, none of the people I know like to play so I end up in an anonymous league, it would be so much more fun to talk smack with buddies.

I'm in a league that's been around for 14 years and is pretty expensive.

$250 Entrance Fee
$20 Per Trade or FA Move
$5 for IR Move

The entrance fee was only $200/team last year, and the final pot was around $4,000.
We take $1,000 off the top of the final pot, and put it towards a SuperBowl Party... the winner has to buy at least one keg for the SB party, from his winnings.
2nd place wins a nice chunk, but I can't remember how much, and 3rd and 4th basically get their entrance fees back.

We also have a mid-season Pro Bowl where of the three divisions put up an all star team made of players from only from the teams in the division. Those three teams go head to head, and the losing two divisions have to pony up a keg of whatever beer the winning division likes.
The keg is purchased the next weekend for a rib-cook off between league members.
It's a kick ass league that demands social activity from it's members.

Last year's SB party had 5 kegs that were floated, 987 jello shots that were made at a pre-party on Friday night before the SB, catered BBQ, Lasagna, Buffalo Wild Wings and at least one 1/2 gallon of liquor from each of the 11 losing owners.
The police only came once, and nothing was broken..!

I'm in a league that's been around for 14 years and is pretty expensive.

$250 Entrance Fee
$20 Per Trade or FA Move
$5 for IR Move

The entrance fee was only $200/team last year, and the final pot was around $4,000.
We take $1,000 off the top of the final pot, and put it towards a SuperBowl Party... the winner has to buy at least one keg for the SB party, from his winnings.
2nd place wins a nice chunk, but I can't remember how much, and 3rd and 4th basically get their entrance fees back.

We also have a mid-season Pro Bowl where of the three divisions put up an all star team made of players from only from the teams in the division. Those three teams go head to head, and the losing two divisions have to pony up a keg of whatever beer the winning division likes.
The keg is purchased the next weekend for a rib-cook off between league members.
It's a kick ass league that demands social activity from it's members.

Last year's SB party had 5 kegs that were floated, 987 jello shots that were made at a pre-party on Friday night before the SB, catered BBQ, Lasagna, Buffalo Wild Wings and at least one 1/2 gallon of liquor from each of the 11 losing owners.
The police only came once, and nothing was broken..!

Wow, I need to be in a league like that. I can't even get one person I know to join a league.

Wow, I need to be in a league like that. I can't even get one person I know to join a league.

There's a permanent list of people waiting to get in our league. I have only been in a few years, and that only happened because the league was in a bind one year, without a place to host the SB party, and my wife and I hosted it our house even though I wasn't a league member. The league voted me to the top of the waiting list for displaying traits that are valued in the league, and we ended up hosting the party again the next year... what a blow out!

100 dollar a team league, but with a twist. end of the year you have to keep 9 players. Teams that finish out of the playoffs the previous year go in a lottery for the first pick the next year, so tanking is pointless.

$400 League 12 teams $10 dollar per free agent pick $20 dollars per trade money in the Move Pot get split 60 40 highest scorer and second highest.

Back