Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Monday Night Game in 05

flawedout

Practice Squad
my biggest goal for the texans is to see them play so well this yr that we get a monday night game next yr.

i really think this is possible who is with me?

H-TownRules

Waterboy
When does everyone think the Texans will have their first Monday Night Football Game? I think it will be against the Cowboys next season...anyone else have any other thoughts?

Fiddy

All Pro
FYI - H-Town started another thread with the same topic so I just merged them...

I hope we get a Monday Night game next year, but the only problem is it is on a school night :(

We wont have one next year against the Cowboys because we wont play the boys until the year after next. I wouldnt mind a Texans vs. Titans game on MNF.

Fiddy

All Pro
Titans are more of a rivalry, so it would make for a better match up. MNF wants storylines for their games...

H-TownRules

Waterboy
sorry about the seperate thread but thanks for merging them, I thought we played the cowboys next year but i must have miscounted years. I think the future will hold many Texans-Jags MNF games if our rivalry continues to build as it has.

flawedout

Practice Squad
Fiddy said:
Titans are more of a rivalry, so it would make for a better match up. MNF wants storylines for their games...

true but in overtime against the pats the refs called a penalty, when there was no foul committed, and the flag was thrown after we made the INT,

here's some useless info, had there been no penalty and we won then we would have beated both teams that went to the superbowl.

Mistril48

Rookie
As I recall, the Rams, Ravens and Patriots weren't on MNF the years they went from worst to first. The networks always seem to be behind the curve. I also think that the Texans at Lions would have been a more inspired choice for Thanksgiving ... The Lions are joined to the hip of the Texans somewhat becasue of Harrington-Carr and Rogers-Johnson.

I think our first MNF game will feature what is perceived to be a national team, like NY, etc. Remember our first game was Giants in HOF game, then Dallas for our first Sunday Night and Green Bay for our second. The Jags will be a good rivalry, but they want the people NY, Philly, Bos to turn n their sets.

I really don't care who we play as long as I can get tickets. But, the teams I would like to play would have to be the Titans, Patriots (little revenge) or Inddy.

Mistril48

Rookie
flawedout said:
true but in overtime against the pats the refs called a penalty, when there was no foul committed, and the flag was thrown after we made the INT ...
The refs definitely treated us like an expansion team, that wasn't supposed to win. The 'odd' calls came too often. In the Pats game, don't forget they also threw the flag at the end of regulation (the flag was thrown on Wong for 'petting' Brady - the refs wanted to make sure Brady had another chance in case the pass was incomplete - as a ref, you know you are deciding the game when you throw those flags). In the Colts game, the phantom receiver that caused them to pick up the flag on the intentional grounding call on Manning at the end of the game (was this the call that Capers said was the worst he'd ever seen?). The Chiefs game with the phony roughing call on Kenny Wright on Trent Green at the end of the first half that killed the game.

I hope the refs get a memo saying it's okay for us to win a game.

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller
I don't see MNF happening at home next year unless it is a division opponent. Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Arizona and St. Louis?? Probably not. The road doesn't look too good either, IMO. Baltimore and Cincinnati would probably be the best chance other than division foes.

'06 looks like we could have a couple of MNF games. '06...the year we win it all.

Tulip

Veteran
MNF has a terrible record of picking teams. They choose based on the previous year's record, but only if they think the team has some national interest. So teams will get 2 MNF games in a year, and they'll be playing with sub-.500 records. When are they going to understand the effects of the salary cap and free agency on the consistency of team quality and interest?

If they ever deem us worthy of MNF, I hope it's at home. I'd rather go to a MNF game than be forced to watch it on TV. Between John Madden and all the gimmicks, it's the only weekly football that I barely watch. I MUCH prefer Sunday Night on ESPN.

Which reminds me - I'm very excited about going to see us play Green Bay at home on Sunday night this year.

MNF - overrated!

Grid

All Pro
I dont really care to see it on a MNF game.. but since we are talking about rivalries and revenge and such.. doesnt anyone else here want to lay the smack down on the saints? remember that headhunting job they did on J.J. Moses last season?

Mistril48

Rookie
Grid said:
I dont really care to see it on a MNF game.. but since we are talking about rivalries and revenge and such.. doesnt anyone else here want to lay the smack down on the saints? remember that headhunting job they did on J.J. Moses last season?
I think I'm missing something. Wasn't it the Jags who took the ax handle to Moses ... a definite cheap shot.

OzzO

.. and then?
Yeah, it was the Jags - JJ tagged by Redmond after he waved a fair catch.... Del Rio was impressed. :mad:

Ibar_Harry

All Pro
I think a lot of the TV schedules will be adjusted this year as the Texans move through the season. If we do as well as I think we can, I think there is going to be some mud on some people's faces. We might be one of the more under televised champions of the NFL. Wouldn't that be a hoot. There's just something about this year's team that has a very good smell to it. Perhaps the preseason will give us more insight, but I have a very good feeling about the potential of this year's ball club. We are young, but we have a lot of young talent that's ready to blossem. If AJ becomes the terror of the league then watch out, because DD will be even more effective than last year. Hollings to me is still the unkown, but his speed could become an essential element of our offense and a change not welcomed by another team's tired defensive unit.

Boxscore

Rookie
Personally I do not want it to be against Dallas since the game would be in Dallas. If it is Dallas, the cowboys would get all of the media attention.

Since the Texans played in Philly the first year, I would like Houston versus Philadelphia for a Monday night game here in Houston. Is it correct that we will face the NFC East in 2006? For some reason I have every five years in my head.

Mistril48

Rookie
TheOgre said:
When we play the Cowboys in 2006, it will be on Thanksgiving.
I believe that the Cowboy's Thanksgiving Day opponent alternates each year between the NFC and AFC (so the networks alternate years). In 2004 and 2006, Fox has the Cowboys game and the opponent will come from the NFC. No chance for the Texans.

TheOgre

All Pro
Mistril48 said:
I believe that the Cowboy's Thanksgiving Day opponent alternates each year between the NFC and AFC (so the networks alternate years). In 2004 and 2006, Fox has the Cowboys game and the opponent will come from the NFC. No chance for the Texans.
You are correct. My mistake. It is a shame that they messed that up in the schedule.

T

Titanico

Hello everybody! :worm:

A monday night game between the Titans and Texans will be very good to have. I hope Houston has a good 2004, so in that matter, that game will be scheduled for the 2005 season.

Veteran
Fiddy said:
I hope we get a Monday Night game next year, but the only problem is it is on a school night :(
And? I watch Monday Night Football just about every week... No problem. Also, I live in Eastern Time, for me it starts at 9 o'clock!

worgl

Practice Squad
A Monday night game against the Chiefs, Raiders, or Broncos at home next year wouldn't be too bad, since we will be playing whichever AFC West team finishes in the same place in their division. If both the Texans and Chiefs finish second and get wild card berths, it could set up a good MNF/SNF possibility for next year.