Monday Night Football in our near future?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by block4carrmore, Jan 6, 2005.

1. block4carrmore

block4carrmore Rookie

Yes there are more improvements needed, but many improvements made. We were on Sunday Night Football on ESPN this past season. Could MONDAY Night Football be far behind? When were they in town last? Let's roll out the red carpet for Al & John.

2. TexansTrueFan

TexansTrueFan Hall of Fame

i imagine that will be a while, dont only play-off teams from the previous year make it on Monday night football. Kind of like the Titans they sucked this year but made it because of last season !

3. trijcomm

trijcomm Guest

I believe that ABC will have the power to change what games they will broadcast to avoid bad matchups. Thus, they are looking for meaningful games. The only hope the Texans have would be to land a game early in the year to avoid being eliminated once they move out of contention. But to the general populace, since the Texans haven't had a good season yet, any game involving the Texans now would be considered a must-miss.

4. THEFUTURE

THEFUTURE All Pro

I dont know about MNF, but i think the Texans are on Sunday Night again next year, i believe against the Titans, thats just what i have heard. MNF is a little ways away, soon but not next year, hope for 2006

5. TexansCanes

TexansCanes All Pro

i was talking with my brother and we counted that i think it was five teams didn't have a sunday night game while 14 didn't have a monday night game. so that means that you have to be in the playoffs or on the door step to play on monday. i say another sunday night this year and a monday night game in 2006 is possible.

6. ThaShark316

ThaShark316 #28

2006 = Texans @ Cowboys,Monday Night Football...mark it down ppl. :jumpbanan

7. aj.

aj. Hall of Fame

MNF was in Houston last in 1994. Jeff Fisher's first game as a head coach after Pardee was fired late in the season.

8. rittenhouserobz

rittenhouserobz Hall of Fame

Texans vs Cowboys would be nice.

9. TexanBacker93

TexanBacker93 Hall of Fame

Bengals were on Monday Night Football this year so you don't have to be a playoff team. Heck, you don't have to be playoff caliber it looks like. It's definitely a possibility this season. It's the premier stadium in the land and usually Texans home games are good affairs. I'd like to see the Steelers and Texans on MNF.

I have a gut feeling that the Texans will play at Dallas on Thanksgiving 2006.

ABC will still get stuck with some bad games. Remember, as the rule states now, they get to choose from the games shown by the network that has only 1 national game that week and the network gets to protect one game. The only way the Texans would be on Fox is when the Rams or Seahawks come to Reliant and neither of those teams would garner MNFs attention.

They should change the rules, but I don't know if CBS or FOX want to give up any control.

10. TexansTrueFan

TexansTrueFan Hall of Fame

yeah but they were in play-off contention, and had vastly improved from the season before ! We have not even made a push for the play-offs, so its highly unlikly we'd get a MNF game. They want games that will attract viewers, and obviously the Texans dont get much recognition.

11. OzzO

OzzO .. and then?

Playoff contention, or probably just a nationally known name...

ESPN.com 2004 MNF

12. TxDavid

TxDavid Go Coogs!

I'd love to see the Cowboys be our 1st MNF game. It would be great to have it as the opener for the season too, as we have always played the boys as our 1st game every year.

13. TheOgre

TheOgre Hall of Fame

I think there is a 50/50 chance we get a MNF game. I think if we don't get a MNF game we will get a SNF game though. So we should have at least one prime time game next season.

14. TexansFan#80

TexansFan#80 Rookie

If you recall we played Miami in the season opener last year, and San Diego in the season opener this year ('04). We're not even scheduled to play the cowboys in '05. Get with it!! :thud:

15. wags

wags Hall of Fame

Monday Night Football. Texans vs Steelers. Carr vs Roethlisberger. :hmmm:

16. H-TownRules

H-TownRules Veteran

yeah... but in years we dont play the cowboys during the regular season, they are our first pre-season game (correct me if im wrong)

17. TexansJunkE

TexansJunkE Veteran

If I remeber right, didn't I have to sit and watch the Redskins play on MNF & a couple SNF games this year. I hate how the league plays favorites to certain teams. Who cares if Gibbs came back....they still stunk If they can have MNF why can't we?

18. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

And do you remember the roar of approval when the team came out and lined up in the I formation? I do. It was sweet!

19. aj.

aj. Hall of Fame

Yes I do. A fullback! What a freaking concept. I also remember all those years without a TE on the roster.

That just goes to show how things change. Back then people wanted to run the ball more and it was only a pipe dream to be able to line up and play smash mouth with anyone.

What's funny is I just pulled out a Gameday from a 1992 MNF win over the Bears at the Dome and there's Chris Palmer's mug as receivers coach and on the next page is an article on Charley Casserly - the upstart and highly successful Redskins GM - complete with a picture of him and Jack Kent Cooke holding the Lombardi from their Super Bowl XXVI win over Buffalo.

20. Oilers/Texans

Oilers/Texans Veteran

The chance of a Monday Night Football game for the Houston Texans in 2005 is absolutely ZERO, they won't be there. You have to be a playoff team the previous season or at least have a winning record. If you are Dallas, Oakland, or Miami, you get a MNF game always no matter the previous season outcome. In the past few years though, there is always one or two teams that pop up on MNF and you are left wondering why were they there?? Still, the Texans will not be there and they should not be there either.