Monday Night Football Gamethread

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by Vinny, Sep 11, 2006.

1. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

Pre-game chatter right now, but that Trent Green hit that put him in the hospital was cheap. When a QB gives himself up in a slide he is supposed to be protected because he is in a vulnerable position. The Bengals are full of idiots and low character guys though. That's not a shock.

2. Fiddy

Fiddy Hall of Fame

I'm surprised the Bengals had enough players to play. I thought most of them were in jail or had a court date.

3. JDizzle

JDizzle I'm a dude

The slide rule was implemented for this very reason and the fact there were no flags thrown on a hit the entire crowd could see is pathetic. There were 2 different penalties that could have been called and the refs screwed the pooch on both. I have seen guys get flagged and fined big time for less.

4. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

The hit on Trent Green was as dirty a play as I've seen in a while. When the play was shown in slow motion, his head hit the ground just as hard as it was hit by the Bengals' latest criminal, and might have been hit more than twice.

5. real

real Guest

The leauge will probably look at the play and fine the player...But you guys have to remember that these guys are flying around at 100mph and stopping mid sprint is harder than it sounds...

6. mexican_texan

He could have stopped easily. He led with his helmet/shoulder pads at the ground. He was supposed to stop as soon as Trent Green started to slide. The hit came not only after that, but was aimed at Trent Green on the ground.

7. JDizzle

JDizzle I'm a dude

[​IMG]

Not a great angle but it's not hard to see what his intentions are here. Green's knee is down and he is positioning himself for a big hit. You can easily tell when a defender is making a genuine attempt at easing up, and clearly he was doing the opposite.

8. flylikeaneagle

flylikeaneagle Veteran

Go Vikings!!!!!!!!!!!

Do not really care about the other game. As long as Jordan does well for the Raiders and the McCartel do well for the Chargers.

9. TheOgre

TheOgre Hall of Fame

I was saying the same thing, but my friends were disagreeing with me. It was clear to me he thought the play was "over". I was shocked that we didn't see a flag on that.

10. Titan "Tack" Fan

Titan "Tack" Fan Hall of Fame

I hate that MNF is on ESPN now...i only have basic cable at my apartment

11. RiotCommander

RiotCommander All Pro

I think that was a very cheap shot on T.Green. He was in a very vulnerable spot, and the defender took advantage of it. He should be suspended a few games for that crap. Green was down all he had to do is push him over or touch him for him to be considered down.

Just remember that could have been David Carr, and Kearse teeing off on him.

-Riot

Edit: I thought he was trying to slide feet first too.

12. flylikeaneagle

flylikeaneagle Veteran

The play was over? WTF! I think it was clean. The defender even nodded hit head up so he would not spear him and turned away with the shoulder pads towards Green. You cannot stop yourself in mid-air or in speed like that. It's impossible. Clean hit.

13. flylikeaneagle

flylikeaneagle Veteran

Exactly. Obviously none of these guys played sports before or is very active people. LOL!

14. mexican_texan

NFL players have elite speed, agility, and reflexes. That play should not have happened.

The Bengal defender now says he was "pushed into Green." He must've talked to Kimo Von Oelhoffen.

15. Huge

Huge Hall of Fame

Ha ha...I like the 2nd MNF group of announcers (Vermeil, Jaws, Brad Nessler) better than their primary group (Tirico, Theezman, Kornheiser).

16. Hutch13

Hutch13 List of demands

Man i need Lamont Jordan to have an amazing game. Im getting crushed in one of my fantasy football leagues. It should be interesting to see how Phillip Rivers does.

17. RiotCommander

RiotCommander All Pro

Same here, the first group seems so full of themselves. The second group seems more like the kind of guys I can relate to. *shrug* Thats the best I can explain it right now, but I hope we see more of them this year calling games.

18. RiotCommander

RiotCommander All Pro

Now I don't feel so stupid saying that I liked Rivers more then any other QB at the draft that had E.Manning, and Big Ben. I know we have not seen much yet, but those passes have been good. I like that they are limiting his throws.

19. Snapple

Snapple Veteran

Hey look guys, there IS an offensive line worse than the Texans' this year. It's the Raiders'.

Too bad for me I'm a Raiders fan too. :(

20. Mysteryhunt

Mysteryhunt Veteran

everyone who is complaining about the texans should watch this game from a raiders fan point of view and be happy ;)