Mom, is a Wunderlic of 4 Real Guuuuuud?

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by CloakNNNdagger, Apr 3, 2012.

1. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

VY can now face the stage with renewed pride!

:chef:

2. Playoffs

Playoffs Subscribed Contributor

Man, they should either protect those scores or stop the testing. Not fair to the guys, imo.

3. Showtime100

Showtime100 Got JJ?

No kidding! He could have gone to Texas and almost doubled his score. :heh:

4. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

I've got a better idea. They should make them all public. Maybe the impending threat of public humiliation might inspire some of these guys to attempt to learn something while they're in college.

5. brakos82

brakos82 Hall of Fame

6. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

Statistically his and VY's scores are like they were trying to be a dumbass. He probably could have colored in A on every question in 30 seconds, not over-powered his one brain cell and gotten a higher score.

7. brakos82

brakos82 Hall of Fame

Well we've seen VY try to do smart things... his 6 looks legit to me. :kitten:

CloakNNNdagger likes this.
  8. Errant Hothy

Errant Hothy Hypermediocrity

My biggest concern when guys pull Wunderlics this low isn't their intellegence, it's their work ethic and desire. Any college player who's likely to go in the top half of the first round will be making their agent money. Copies of the Wunderlic are readily available, and agents in the past have clearly stated that they have prepped future players on the Wunderlic. Any of the patheticly low scores can just as easily be attributed to lack of work ehtic and prep as it can be attributed to intellegnce.

I argueed the same point when VY came out.

CloakNNNdagger likes this.

9. Rey

Rey Guest

You make a good point.

Have to wonder if he has the mental capacity to over come adversity. VY obviously didn't.

10. Goldensilence

Goldensilence hipster elite

This.

I don't think Morris Claiborne is likely dumb as a rock, more likely did he really care is the bottom line. If I was measuring his IQ it would more be on what classes he took versus what kind of grades he got.

Guys like this know they are bound for the 1st round of the NFL draft, in the long run what is his Wunderlic score going to prevent or allow him to achieve in his mind?

11. Goatcheese

Goatcheese Nightmare Over

12. Goldensilence

Goldensilence hipster elite

Guys like VY always have the physical tools to succeed in the NFL. Problem is through-out his college career he was able to use his physical skills to really dominate the game at each level without really having to learn the real fundamentals of the game. When he got to the pros the first year was more or less the same story, teams generally aren't used to such a mobile QB initially and the offense as a whole had lowered expectations and complexity in favor of getting him on the field ASAP in the end.

When it came to his second year that's where his real problems started. The offense got more complex, teams caught up to what he could do running the ball, and he didn't really dedicate himself to getting better as a QB fundamentally.

Right now its still not caught onto Vince that his athletic ability alone isn't going to carry him to success in the NFL. The flashes he has shown HIM enough that he can still carry on business as usual. He still has time to turn his NFL career into something, but it's looking less and less like he will "get it".

13. Doppelganger

Doppelganger None

His score would come out to roughly a 75 IQ, or Borderline Intellectual Functioning. I think that he is likely in the low Average range of Intelligence rather than BIF.

I agree with the notion of your post. If he is not willing to set aside time to prepare for a test he knows he will get, will he put forth the time to study game film and the playbook?

I think he is a great player, but I wouldn't touch him in the top 10.

14. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke Hall of Fame

Dexter Manley probably could've done better.

15. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

Apparently he has a learning disability.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/What-you-should-know-about-Claibornes-test-score.html

16. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

Woww he dun gudder den me!

Signed,

Six

17. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

Some information that put the "learning disability" explanation somewhat into question.

18. bah007

bah007 Hall of Fame

It's actually pretty common knowledge that Claiborne has a learning disability. I've been hearing about it since he came out of high school.

I would assume that the teams interested in him would know about it too. So it wouldn't hurt him to just take the test anyway. It would look worse if he just refused to take it.

The info about his score was probably leaked by a team hoping he will fall to them.

19. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

Learning disability or no, a 4 on the Wunderlich after 4 yrs of college = Mentally challenged> short bus to school.

After all the hard questions like what is the 9th month of the yr are really difficult.

I suffer from Dyslexia and have worked to overcome this problem most of my life. So I know it can be done, you just have to be willing to work very hard to learn how to deal with it.

This is why Claiborne would fall to the bottom of the 1st rd if I was a GM. It's not so much that he has a learning disability. It's the fact that he's not willing to put in the work to overcome his disability. BTW, they should publish all of the Wunderlich from the combine. Just like they publish the 40/vert/3-cone etc...results.

20. gg no re

gg no re iggnorent

There are rumors floating that towards the end of testing, his pencil broke, and instead of taking a new pencil offered to him, he just gave up. /shrug

steelbtexan likes this.