Mock draft II

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by Oilers/Texans, Feb 15, 2005.

1. Oilers/Texans

Oilers/Texans Veteran

looks like I missed the first. Will there be another like last year?

2. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

The combine starts in a few days and the first draft is about to end. What I am going to do is post a thread Friday evening at around 6pm for another GM sign up. This gives everyone an equal shot and time to read this.

In the 2nd mock you cannot have the same team as you had in the first mock (if you participated in the first one). I am going to assign the Texans to somebody else so you guys can figure out who you want otherwise.

3. Yea I think we should wait until after the combine or maybe even after March 1 when there are numberous transactions happening. Or course we could do a "Mock III" in Late March or April right before the draft.

4. STEEL BLUE TEXANS

STEEL BLUE TEXANS Hall of Fame

Wait until after free agency begins

5. Vinny

I will go ahead and wait to post a sign up thread for Mock II. Do you guys want to start mock as soon as this first one ends or wait till free agency begins (March 2nd)? The combine is Feb 23 - March 1

6. Blake

Blake MMQB

I would just start it as soon as this one ends. All waiting till march 1st does is help out the teams near the end of the rounds.

7. wags

wags Hall of Fame

I think we could simulate the actual draft better if we waited until the first couple days of FA.

8. texasguy346

texasguy346 Mod Squad

I tend to agree with those who've said we should wait till free agency begins, or a few days into free agency. That way we can get alot of the player for pick trades out of the equation, and also it gives us a better idea about who's likely to go where in free agency.

9. STEEL BLUE TEXANS

STEEL BLUE TEXANS Hall of Fame

It is pointless starting another mock right after this one. We should wait until after free agency begins.

10. outofhnd

outofhnd All Pro

Yea The raiders have already eliminated their pick of a wideout. The Bears may have done the same. I think Rodgers will be #1 overall, Benson 2nd.
    after that its all about steals and deals till mid march

11. Rosusu

Rosusu All Pro

I missed the last one and I wouldnt mind being involved in this one! :thumbup

12. Vinny

I'll get with Fiddy and we will hoist a date for the sign up. We will give a few days notice so it can be reasonably fair. It will be first-come, first-serve on the teams with one rule stip that you cannot pick the same team twice. The Texans are already taken and it's not gonna be me...so I'll cut you guys off at the pass on that one. ;)