Mock Draft 2.0 Discussion

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by beerlover, Mar 17, 2005.

1. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

don't know about the rest of you but I need an outlet to discuss our MOCK II draft. So far I think everyone has done a great job with their selections, elso of note the number of trades (@ fair value) so far which I think fairly reflect what is really going to transpire draft day. also something I've never experienced before to this high level of anxiety is the pressure of waiting for your time to pick while your #1 guy is still on the board. it has really helped me understand why the Texans gave up so much last year to trade up for Babin, they where unwilling to take the chance & wait & folded under the pressure to get their man. can't blame them at all, until your in that position its hard to explain. anyways great job so far, hope to get more feedback as we go along :listening :wacko:

2. F-minus67

F-minus67 Hall of Fame

Right now the only players getting picked are the confirmed 1st round picks, I think the real action and suprises will come in the second and later rounds. :thumbup

3. D-ReK

D-ReK RAWWWRR!

I was torn between Edwards, Rolle, and Pac-Man...It was easy to dismiss Edwards because the Titans still have Drew Bennett (I hate that guy) and Tyrone Calico, who should have a good season after being injured last year...

The choice between Antrel and Pac-Man was rather difficult for me, as the Titans already have a bigger CB in Andre Woolfolk...In the end, I chose Antrel because I feel he will be more of a playmaker in the NFL...While he doesn't have the best 40, he is physical and adept at jamming his man at the line...I'd like to get some opinions of who yall would pick if you were in my (or the Titans') shoes...

4. swtbound07

swtbound07 Jackass of Day!

I think its interesting that everybody said this would be a shallow draft, and everyone would be trying to trade down...but as a GM with only one pressing need, im finding it impossible to trade UP, especially with the stupid value chart telling people my picks are worthless....this is much more challenging then i would have thought, and i havent even picked yet :hmmm:

5. swtbound07

I think out of the cornerback options, that high up antrel is definitely the SAFE pick.....probably the right one too...Im more of the gambling type, so i would have taken a shot at pac man, because i think he will be phenominal...jmo

6. Dime

Dime Hall of Fame

Me as the 49ers,

I find that the 49'ers are hurting all around the board. By giving up one awesome pick, I choose to go with 3-4 picks of a good nature. This way, I can fill more voids and might even find a diamond in a second price.

7. beerlover

the most surprising development so far is that Alex Smith is still on the board, with the 49er's trading down I guess thats not too shocking, I wonder if Dime is going through the same feelings I experienced?

8. swtbound07

Well....im pretty much expecting the next pick to be the redskins taking pac man.....this is going much faster than i expected though. I like the cadillac pick fiddy.....not sure marcell shipp would, but with warner you can afford to take a qb next year, or maybe go after a later round proposition.....nice choices by everyone so far

9. STEEL BLUE TEXANS

STEEL BLUE TEXANS Hall of Fame

Even after trading down twice, the 49ers still might get Alex Smith.

10. texasguy346

texasguy346 Mod Squad

They've got a very good chance. It doesn't appear that either of the teams picking ahead of them are looking for a QB. Unless someone trades up to snag him then he could very well fall to the 49ers.

11. swtbound07

well...the redskins arent exactly in QB heaven, but they have bigger needs

12. swtbound07

Hey look...im psychic :thumbup

13. D-ReK

D-ReK RAWWWRR!

It was pretty obvious after losing Smoot that they would go CB...They need one almost as bad as the Titans do...

14. texasguy346

texasguy346 Mod Squad

I think Ramsey will be fine once he gets a chance. They could use a young QB, but I'd expect them to address that need later in the draft with the likes of Frye, Fitzpatrick, or Green.

15. beerlover

this whole issue of where does Derrick go was reaffirmed in MOCK II as Cowboy GM Hottodie traded up to get in front of the Titans & Vikings to secure Johnson. also it looks like the Texans are loading up with f/a LB's so they clearly are looking elsewhere with the 13th pick. all eyes will soon be upon SESupergenius :whew

16. D-ReK

D-ReK RAWWWRR!

The anticipation is killing me!

17. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

I was going to take him when the Dolphins GM missed his pick. Sometimes when I look at this mock and really think about what may really happen I think that he would have been the wiser choice, but I feel real good about Ronnie Brown's talent level.

18. Oilers/Texans

Oilers/Texans Veteran

Hey Texans, I'll trade you Orlando Pace for your #1??

19. swtbound07

can we trade players????? i didnt know that was doable

20. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

Only the picks in this draft guys, sorry.