Mlb?

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by F-minus67, Apr 14, 2006.

1. F-minus67

F-minus67 Hall of Fame

I know everyone is talking about Cowart being the starting MLB, but what about Rainer? I mean post injury Cowart is probably on the same level as Rainer. The only thing that I can see that seperates them is that Cowart has more starting experince and maybe knows the game better since he make a probowl before he messed up his knee.

2. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

I bet we go MLB with either #33 or one of our 3rd round picks. I'm like D'Qwell jackson with #33 personally

3. TheOgre

TheOgre Hall of Fame

If we don't take an OT with our 2nd, I am going to be disappointed.

4. STEEL BLUE TEXANS

STEEL BLUE TEXANS Hall of Fame

I like D'Qwell Jackson at #33 too.

Maybe Terry Pierce steps up for us as well.

5. Ibar_Harry

Ibar_Harry Hall of Fame

You forgot one big factor in Cowart's favor. He is a Defensive QB in that he has been the play caller in the defensive huddle. He is a Wong in that regard. He's highly thought of as a leader. With Wong out he will probably be his replacement at least until Wong is able to play. He and Wong both played for the Vikings.

6. DominickDavisFan76

DominickDavisFan76 Veteran

I think that we should take Winston Justice at #33
    But I wouldnt mind at all if we took a LB in round 3 or 4

7. MorKnolle

MorKnolle Hall of Fame

Winston Justice will be gone in the top 15 picks. If you mean Eric Winston, I doubt he makes it out of the mid 20s but he has a higher probability of falling to us at #33 and I would definitely take him there.

8. DominickDavisFan76

Ya my bad, but umm I think we could pick up a S or a LB with our 3rd or 4th pick, even though we have like 20 LB :rolleyes:

9. Meloy

Meloy Hall of Fame

Eric Winston if available as Mangold will also probably be gone. But I am pushing Max Jean Giles OT Georgia 6'4" 341 with a mean streak. Projected by those "in the know" as a guard, so he could backup 4 positions. I like to see a corner and mlb in third with best player avail @ 6th (power back?) and 7th. FYI John Harris has Eric Winston going to Colts @30 so he is a possible @ 33.

10. CoastalTexan

CoastalTexan Veteran

Max Jean Giles does not fit the zone blocking scheme. Look for athletic mobile guys that are under 300 pounds. Colledge, Winston, the other miami OT, etc...

11. Hardcore Texan

Hardcore Texan Magnet Man

Oh please let it happen like that, Eric Winston @ #33 would awesome. :)

12. dwilt72

dwilt72 Veteran

I think Max Jean-Gilles is a bit of a road grader and not what we need in the zone blocking scheme. If you look at Denver's offensive line, they have been smaller more agile guys. I agree that Colledge and Winston would be better fits.

13. DominickDavisFan76

Yo I think that if we cant take Winston. Colledge out of Boise State will be there for us to pick up later in the day.

14. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

I think this is entirely possible:
    Reggie Bush
    D'Qwell Jackson
    Cedrick Griffin
    Darryn Colledge

that gives us impact, mlb, db, ol

15. TheRealJoker

TheRealJoker Hall of Fame

I would cream my pants if it went down like this!!!

16. MorKnolle

MorKnolle Hall of Fame

OLinemen don't necessarily have to be under 300 lbs., they just have to have great mobility, which Jean-Gilles clearly does not. I think if he lost a ton of weight (was 355 lbs. at Senior Bowl and Combine, not sure if he's gone up or down since) and weighed more like 315 lbs. he could maybe be quick enough to be a zone blocker because he is a good athlete, he is just carrying way too much weight right now. I agree that Colledge and Winston are probably the best fits for zone blocking among OTs, Chris Chester, Nick Mangold, and Davin Joseph are all nice fits on the interior OL, but I'm not sure if any of those five players will last until the 3rd round, Colledge and Chester are the most likely to last that far, Winston and Mangold will almost for sure be gone in the 1st, Joseph probably in the early-mid 2nd.

I really don't see them taking a LB in the 2nd round, we need younger talent in there but with Cowart and Wong we are ok for now. I could see us using one of our 3rds or our 4th on one (Rocky McIntosh, Leon Williams, Gerris Wilkinson, Terna Nande, or maybe Abdul Hodge somewhere in there). I think the 2nd round will be OLineman or CB depending on who is available.

17. Texans Horror

Texans Horror Hall of Fame

We have so many linebackers, and good ones, too, that I do not think we will take a linebacker in the draft. Right now, our weakest link is the defensive secondary. That's why I think we will pull a cornerback or safety with the #33 pick. Linebacker, IMO, is out of the question.

18. wags

wags Hall of Fame

George Foster is Denver's RT and he weighs 340. He's also from the U(GA). :twocents:

19. STEEL BLUE TEXANS

STEEL BLUE TEXANS Hall of Fame

What good linebackers do we have? Cowart is a stop gap player, Wong is average and injured, and Morlon Greenwood is nothing special.

20. TheRealJoker

TheRealJoker Hall of Fame

Shantee Orr is my favorite Texan lb