missed the game

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by midgetonadonkey, Aug 20, 2011.

1. midgetonadonkey

midgetonadonkey Rookie

How did Mario and KJ look tonight?

2. GP

GP Go Texans!

The defense, overall, had more energy and focus tonight than they did last week. In fairness to them, they played more reps together tonight than last week.

Mario? He wasn't bad. Made a good tackle on the running back.

JJ Watt knocks down passes like a champ, he maneuvered well and hunted down a player--He covers space in a hurry.

KJ wasn't bad. He made a diving tackle on a RB when about four other Texans missed the guy.

It feels like the d-line, the LBs, and the secondary all are in sync with one another out there. There is a sense of a PLAN in place, people seem to know what to do and are being allowed to their jobs and do them well.

Wade Phillips is the Texans MVP, IMO. Big time.

3. EllisUnit

EllisUnit Serving Koolaid

Daniel Manning didnt look so hot :vincepalm:

4. edo783

edo783 Site Contributor

I'm not sure what happened there. Was KJ out of place ore did Manning miss the coverage. Hard to tell which player porked the pooch. Looked like KJ thought he was supposed to turn over the receiver to Manning and Manning seemed to think he was man up. Typical preseason stuff.

5. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

I agree with GP. Mario looked much better and KJ looked a bit better. He did make one very good tackle that I saw. If both continue to improve exponentially game by game, ok. Watt and Brooks again looked very good. Did anyone have eval on Brandon Harris? Don't think he got into game until late. I only heard announcer mention him once.

6. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

That's what I thought. It seemed to be Manning's mistake but don't know who was supposed to actually do what. This is probably mental and can be corrected.

7. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

Who??

8. WolverineFan

WolverineFan Hall of Fame

Looked like Cover 2 because KJ let him go and sat short and after the catch, in the background, you can see Manning trucking after the WR with that "oh *******" look on his face. You could also see Quin deep over the middle and the other CB was pretty shallow it looked like.

I'd have to see it again but I think it was playaction so I'm assuming Manning bit on the fake and when KJ cut the WR loose he was out of position.

9. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

I thought KJ looked flat-footed & unprepared. Didn't look like he knew the ball was snapped.

10. DocBar

DocBar Hall of Fame

76Texan will have that question fleshed out in a bit. I'll go out on a limb and say it was poor safety play by our brand new safety.:jogger:

11. Rey

Rey Guest

He may have looked flat footed and he may not have done his job there but manning can not get beat like that.

Players make errors. But that doesn't mean it's ok if you make one too. Manning did not step up in that situation regardless of what kj did.

Great play by the saints, but manning needs to absolutely do a better job there.

12. Wolf6151

Wolf6151 Hall of Fame

Mario and KJ both looked a little more comfortable out there and both played a little better but both still seem to have a long ways to go before they're considered good at their respective positions. I think that long pass by the Saints was the fault of Manning. It really looked like KJ passed off the WR to Manning who wasn't ready for it.