Mismatches... Kj & Jjo

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by thunderkyss, Jan 11, 2012.

1. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

Anquan Boldin had a damn good day against Jjo last time. Torry Smith didn't do too bad either.

I think, & this is going to sound like left field....... but I think we should put Jjo on Torry Smith & Kj/Allen on Boldin.

Boldin ain't all that. & Kj & Allen match-up better than Jjo do on him. Torry Smith is a game changer...... get him going & it opens their offense.

Boldin can't beat us, so I say let Allen & Kj handle him. Let him get what he'll get, but if Jjo can shut Torry Smith down, that will keep the field of play short & allow the front seven to do what they do.

2. amazing80

amazing80 Site Contributor

Pretty sure JJo hurt himself that game.....I would do this

JJo on Boldin
    McCain on Smith (McCain is smaller but Smith is only 6 1 and VERY fast, McCain is great with speedy guys)
    Jackson/Allen on Lee Evans. who they NEVER throw to

Honestly I am more concerned about Rice out of the backfield and their TE

3. PHAROAH

PHAROAH All Pro

I agree Bolden is slow but has great hands and he won't kill you deep so I agree put Jonathon Joseph on Torrey Smith to take away the deep threat and make Flacco throw underneath and run the ball which gives us a better chance to win.

4. machineo

machineo Rookie

I'd put Joseph on Torrey Smith too. JJo has a reputation as a good CB so he would be less likely to land a BS interference flag. Kareem hasn't done it lately, but he's grabbed jersey when he gets burnt a few times this season.

5. Grunky

Grunky Rookie

If we get to Flacco, none of this will matter. Balt's game plan usually consists of RR, and then just aimlessly throwing deep passes to Smith. Anywho, I have a feeling Wade is going to take their TE duo away, and make Flacco beat us via his WR's. Once again, if the bulls on parade go nuts, this game will be relatively easy-peasy.

6. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

baltimoresun.com
    Flacco bracing for Texans' pass rush
    Defense ranked third in NFL against pass, sixth in sacks

By Edward Lee

8:00 AM EST, January 12, 2012

7. OntRavenFan

OntRavenFan Rookie

Nice cover breakdowns on this thread there are a few wrinkles if and that is a BIG if, our OC can come up with some mismatches.

Lets just say we line up in a 4 wide set with Boldin, Smith, Evans and Pitta (who has lined up as a WR before), put Dickson on the line as a TE with Rice as the lone back.

How do you cover this? Even if you could cover the 4 WR set, how do you cover Ray Rice down the seam or Dickson underneath? I can see some nightmare matchups coming for the Texans, well it would be if I was the Ravens OC...LOL

8. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

Simple. You sack the QB. :brando:

9. BuffaloglennTX

BuffaloglennTX Rookie

Cushing covers Rice in the flat, Flacco gets hit by Connor Barwin and throws a wounded duck toward Rice, Cushing breaks on it and pick six.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2012
  10. BullNation4Life

BullNation4Life Hall of Fame

and those damn screen plays...Seems like the Texans get ate up with screen plays...

11. BigBull17

BigBull17 Hall of Fame

The refs throw a flag for 12 men on the field..Of course that's uncoverable..

12. OntRavenFan

OntRavenFan Rookie

haha good point. I re-read that post several times thinking something didn't make sense. If I could count I'd be dangerous!

13. eriadoc

eriadoc Texan-American

707 career catches for 9244 yards and while his catch totals have been down in BAL (like they ever have a WR), his YPC this season was 15.6, the highest of his career. So while he's no AJ or Calvin Johnson, I think you're underestimating the man. He knows how to run routes as well as any, and he'd make KJ look like a fool (an admittedly easy task for an NFL WR).

14. BigBull17

BigBull17 Hall of Fame

I guess we counter with the dreaded 3-4-5 defense.

15. Blake

Blake MMQB

Leave Joseph on Boldin. KJ on WR2 and give some safety help. I also think McCain will get playing time at CB2.

16. eriadoc

eriadoc Texan-American

Coaches agreed with you, TKyss, but Boldin agreed with me. He's all that.

17. 76Texan

76Texan Hall of Fame

I would love to hear how you spin this! :)

18. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

He didn't get us for 143, which he did last game. He was more controlled. The "lock" on Boldin & Smith allowed the front 7 to nullify Ray Rice.

19. Showtime100

Showtime100 Got JJ?

BTW, I think I have a solution to the whole "jj" and who that means problem. Jjo is good for Joseph, since yesterday it's been Jacoby Effing Jones to me so he can be jfj, and Watt gets the honor of just being jj.

Sorry for the interruption. :D

Wolf likes this.
  20. eriadoc

eriadoc Texan-American

Spin? There's no spin. 4 for 73 and a touch is a helluva game. While KJ didn't **** the bed, I have no doubt that Boldin would not have made those catches on JoJo. As I said in another thread, KJ has improved, in that he's no longer falling down every game and he stays with his guy relatively well, but he just has no ball skills. The next time he gets an INT where he just outplays the WR will be the first.

At any rate, the point of my prior post wasn't to dog KJ, but rather to point out that TKyss underestimated Boldin. The guy is damn good and he's proven it year after year in the NFL.