Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Minnesota's Needs

Allstar

Bona fide
Besides wide receiver, what is MIN looking for in this draft? Everyone is assuming that if AD gets by Cleveland, he would fall to us. Would MIN pick him even though they have Chester Taylor? Would they pick up Quinn if he was there? I have a funny feeling that one of them will fall past Washington, get us really excited, and then our hearts will be ripped out by the Vikings.

they need a pass rush. i think they're not going to invest a first rounder in a QB after spending a second on tavaris jackson just a year ago. seems too high for any receiver at that point.

they need a pass rush. i think they're not going to invest a first rounder in a QB after spending a second on tavaris jackson just a year ago. seems too high for any receiver at that point.

Agreed. Wasn't Erasmus James hurt last year too? I liked him coming out of College and thought he'd do a bit more.

I think Tavaris Jackson has them set at the QB.

You really think they need pash rush? They have Pat Williams, Kevin Williams, Darrion Scott, & Kenechi Udeze. I feel that there the ONLY threat to draft Landry before we can pick. JMO though. I hope they go with Ted Ginn Jr. (they probably won't though)

Well what about RB? are they content with Taylor? Do they have great enough needs elsewhere to pass on a franchise back like Peterson?

You really think they need pash rush? They have Pat Williams, Kevin Williams, Darrion Scott, & Kenechi Udeze. I feel that there the ONLY threat to draft Landry before we can pick. JMO though. I hope they go with Ted Ginn Jr. (they probably won't though)
well, udeze didn't produce a single sack last year. pat williams is for the run only. scott is in there for james, and didn't fare so well. williams is really good, but he's only a DT. overall, not a very penetrating line. the secondary suffered because of it.

Well what about RB? are they content with Taylor? Do they have great enough needs elsewhere to pass on a franchise back like Peterson?

For a 6-10 team, they really don't have that many pressing needs. My guess is that the injury bug invaded them. They probably won't go Peterson with Taylor on board. He fairly young, the Vikes are more than likely content with him.

well, udeze didn't produce a single sack last year. pat williams is for the run only. scott is in there for james, and didn't fare so well. williams is really good, but he's only a DT. overall, not a very penetrating line. the secondary suffered because of it.

Yeah, hopefully they see that with a healthy Erasmus James, they'll see more production out of Udeze. IMO, I though Scott did well for taking James' place, but I'm not the Vikes FO. In your opinion, how likely is it that they draft Landry?

Minn could use QB (I know Tavaris is there but still) and DL (value is there.

But, they reallly need a WR. So, if someone like Miami (or even GB) offers them something, I think they move down a few slots and take a WR.

If they stay put, sort of like us - BPA. Whether it be QB/DL/S/WR.

If I were the Minn. GM, I would consider paying the price to move up for CJ (if he could be had at 4). OR, just move back and take WR or S at 9-16.

I think Gaines Adams will be the choice at this point.

I think the real question is who is Cleveland going to take? LT, RB, QB, DT?

I think Gaines Adams will be the choice at this point.

I think the real question is who is Cleveland going to take? LT, RB, QB, DT?

To me it looks more and more likely that Cleveland will take Quinn. I see more articles and media coverage on Quinn than any other players and it seems that his stock is rising. With the addition of Jamal Lewis and lack of production from Charlie Frye, Quinn looks like the way to go. You also have to take in consideration that Romeo Crennel and Charlie Weiss have ties together and you would assume that Charlie would put in the good word for his QB.

To me it looks more and more likely that Cleveland will take Quinn. I see more articles and media coverage on Quinn than any other players and it seems that his stock is rising. With the addition of Jamal Lewis and lack of production from Charlie Frye, Quinn looks like the way to go. You also have to take in consideration that Romeo Crennel and Charlie Weiss have ties together and you would assume that Charlie would put in the good word for his QB.
the addition of jamal lewis is almost a GUARANTEE they'll take peterson. they get rid of droughns and replace him with a one-year vet? that's all they got! peterson is the way they're going.

Back