Minnesota Vikings: Percy Harvin Could Be Traded

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by srrono, Feb 8, 2013.

1. srrono

srrono Hall of Fame

Percy Harvin’s first four seasons with the Minnesota Vikings has been great, yet highly complicated. He’s often dubbed the name “wide re-diva,” although his actions could be justified.

Harvin has expressed his frustration in the past and even threatened to skip training camp last year. “Just haven’t been happy lately,” Harvin said of his situation in Minnesota. But he didn’t go into specifics. The Vikings’ star receiver has had several “verbal exchanges” with head coach Leslie Frazier and even reportedly requested a trade. Not to mention, after being placed on injured reserve December 5th for a severely sprained left ankle – Harvin packed up and never returned to Minnesota’s facility. Instead, Harvin decided to rehab at his home in Florida. Coach Frazier and Harvin did not communicate often during the Vikings playoff-push.
    Full Story

2. srrono

srrono Hall of Fame

Report: Vikings looking to trade Harvin

Local news report says team sources claim that the Vikings are looking to trade Percy Harvin following a blow-up with head coach Leslie Frazier. The incident was credited for why Harvin was placed on injured reserve and why the Vikings are looking to trade Harvin.

Mike Max of WCCO Radio reported this weekend that the Vikings are actively pursuing a trade for wide receiver Percy Harvin.

According to the report, the reason the Vikings put Harvin on injured reserve while he was healing from an ankle injury was related to a meltdown Harvin had that was directed toward head coach Leslie Frazier in the presence of several players.

Sources said that teammates didn’t take well to Harvin’s blow-up at Frazier, which was similar to an episode Harvin had with former head coach Brad Childress. As a result, the report claims, the Vikings are looking to trade Harvin while his trade value is high.

Harvin is under contract for one more season and there has been speculation that, if the Vikings were looking to trade Harvin, any potential trade would likely have to come prior to this year’s draft.
    Full link

All Texans fans should start a chain mass email to Rick Smith to ask him to get this done. Harvin can be #2 now and future #1 after AJ is gone.

3. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

Last offseason when Harvin was rumored to be on the block I suggested the Texans trade for Harvi and most people on the MB said no he wouldn't be worth a 1st rd pick.

I wonder how those people feel about Harvin after an MVP type season? I would rather cut all of the Texans FA's except Quin if it meant adding Harvin.

4. Allstar

Allstar Bona fide

This is a guy I'd LOVE to have

5. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

So he had a blow ups with two head coaches

Hmmm

6. srrono

srrono Hall of Fame

So what he is a diva as long as he can get the job done on the field thats all I care about. Its not like he was accused of double homicide.

7. stingray

stingray Hall of Fame

This is exactly the player the Texans need. A difference maker. A speed burner. Somebody to stretch the field. He's got some diva qualities but the texans window of a super bowl run is closing with Andre getting older and not knowing what the future holds at our QB situation.

8. CretorFrigg

CretorFrigg Fire Rick Smith

We don't have a QB that will be able to throw to Percy Harvin in stride. You can have all the speedsters in the world, but there needs to be a QB who can throw to them.

9. stingray

stingray Hall of Fame

Here we go again. Matt Schaub is not Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, or even Joe Flacco. But he isn't Chrisitan Ponder either. And Harvin did quite well with that guy. I think Percy can do pretty well here in Houston.

10. ChampionTexan

ChampionTexan Site Contributor

Trade A.J. since Matt doesn't have a really strong arm!
    (Yes, it sounds even stupider to me than it probably does to you.)

11. srrono

srrono Hall of Fame

Eric Stoner ‏@ECStoner

Wow. MT @SteveBateman99: Talk in Minnesota says Percy Harvin can leave for a 2nd and 4th round pick.

12. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

How's his run blocking?

13. srrono

srrono Hall of Fame

Steve Bateman ‏@SteveBateman99
    Talk in Minnesota says Percy Harvin can leave for a 2nd and 4th round pick. Will earn $4.02M in 2013 - that's about realistic for the #Jets.

14. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

Sounds like a Wes Welker replacement if I ever heard one.

15. Nawzer

Nawzer Alienz

Texans are not going to make a move for Harvin. Not the type of move this F.O. is known for.

16. TexanCR

TexanCR Rookie

The problem with Harvin is not that MIN will request a 2nd and a 4th (which I will give in a heartbeat for him) is that Percy will want a huge contract.

We are not going to give two picks for a 1 year player. It hurts to see such a good player available to get but we can't because of Rick Smith ineptitude handling the cap.

:kubepalm:

thunderkyss likes this.
  17. powda

powda Hall of Fame

Harvin isnt just a speedster. He creates after the catch and would help greatly even with schaubs arm...(except when he's hurt.)

2 and a 4? Do it now.

18. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

link

19. Allstar

Allstar Bona fide

I'd give up a first and fourth. A 2nd and 4th? No brainer.

20. TexanCR

TexanCR Rookie

I can see him wearing a NE uniform next season, he will be the perfect replacement for Wes Welker, if they let him walk.

More dominance for NE...but don't worry we have Kevin Walter.