Minicamp quotes

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by CloakNNNdagger, May 6, 2014.

1. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

Some HT.com quotes from OB:

REST OF THE QUOTES

A disconcerting response from OB on the Cushing question. Cushing was reported to have a fibula fracture with an ACL. "uncomplicated," this should be a 3 1/2 months max return to play........this is already 7 months. If a timetable for return is not over and done with, I have to be concerned that the injury involved more than an uncomplicated fibula and lateral collateral ligament (LCL) injury......in fact, that it may have somewhat affected/disrupted the ACL repair that he had undergone the season before in the same joint......or the injury involved the joint structures in some other manner. I hope OB's response carries a more benign explanation.

2. Playoffs

Playoffs Subscribed Contributor

I wouldn't read much into his "no". I don't think we'll be getting much injury info from OB -- Belichick school. At this point, he may not even know. But if you put a timetable on it you'll have to deal with it w/media again.

3. DocBar

DocBar Hall of Fame

OB said tha the didn't have a timetable for return, not that the timetable hadn't been completed.
    Cush eyeing week 1 return.
    Not much to infer from that, either.

4. Texans_Chick

Texans_Chick Utopian Dreamer

I wouldn't read too much in that. O'Brien is VERY much focused on talking about the guys working on the field and not the guys who are not.

Cushing was working out on side field. Just not doing team drills/plays. That's pretty common with recovering players. Other players not participating were JJo, Brennan Williams, Trevardo Williams, Andy Cruse.

Biggest issue team usually has with Cushing is that he is one speed. So they tend to hold him back. There is no reason why he needs to be out on the field right now.

5. Texans_Chick

I first started writing a blog because writing on the Texans was thin.

There are many more outlets now.

The reasons I continue now are more limited, and my blogging is more limited now by choice. No reason for me to write many daily news stories because they are being written and I'd rather do other stuff. One of the reasons I continue blog is because more often than not it is fun, and I love Texans fans, and because of my blog stuff, I can do things for all of us.

One of these things is to answer questions about what is happening at closed sessions. There's some limitations given media restrictions in general, but even with those restrictions, I can answer a lot of stuff. Unfortunately, given the Texans circumstances, a lot of the stuff we want to know, right now is pretty much unanswerable.

So, in sum, if you have questions about minicamp stuff or other stuff, let me know, and I'll answer in this thread. I'll check back when I can.

:texans chick:

6. Playoffs

Notice any recurring themes...?

7. CloakNNNdagger

I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to say (especially after reading your link I quoted below). By 7 months, following his purported injuries, he should be back to as good as he will be. Bringing him back "slowly" should not be a concern at this point if the injury only consisted of simple fibula fracture with LCL tear, and if there are not other identified structural concerns.

A "full recovery" should have been already into the books..........by the beginning of February.

I wasn't concerned about the straight-forward nature of his injury (and I've written very positive posts for Cushing's return from his alleged injuries) until now. Obviously, we'll see.

8. DocBar

DocBar Hall of Fame

I'm saying that all BOB said was that he didn't have a timetable on Cushing. Cushing is medically cleared to resume football activities.
    It seems more likely that Cush is being very cautious right now and there very well could be nothing to see here. Of course, I could be wrong....

EDIT: Maybe Cushing has developed the same opinion of the Texans medical staff that you and many others (me included) have.
    :ouch:

9. drs23

drs23 Veteran

No more VIP Suite so back to the recliner
    That's what I'm thinking. (hoping really)

10. Texn4life

Texn4life Hall of Fame

Its pretty unlike Andre for him to not be there.

11. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

if Cushing is a no go, the draft is more important than I thought.

12. Texans_Chick

Technically, media was not supposed to ask ANY questions about players not participating. The two questions about Cushing and Andre were in violation of the media policy. So I wouldn't interpret anything from his answer whatsoever.

They have often held out Cushing from various practice sessions, whether to increase his conditioning, protecting him from himself, even when he's said he's okay. I'd wrap him in bubble wrap.

Nobody seemed overly alarmed with his absence.

CloakNNNdagger likes this.
  13. Texans_Chick

This is true.

That is what I wonder about more than Cushing. Because he is often at things that he doesn't participate in because preserving him for the season.

Could just be him doing his Miami workout thing. Could just be him taking a mental break as an older player. Could be him getting one of those surgery things where we don't find out he had a surgery until he just shows up. (That happened one year). This date was moved up earlier than usual because new staff, so it may be something that just didn't work for him.

I'm poking around a little bit about this stuff.

14. Texans_Chick

15. CloakNNNdagger

Truly appreciate that bit of info, and as always, your perspective. I still remain guarded re. the need for bubble wrap at this point.

16. kiwitexansfan

kiwitexansfan Site Contributor

Andre not being there stood out to me too.

New coach new system. You'd think everyone would want to be there.

Do we get a roll call. What 63 players are there?

How many do we have under contract?

17. DocBar

DocBar Hall of Fame

Answers in red

18. False Start

False Start On # 69

I saw some pics, and what stood out to me were the plain jerseys with no names, and no logos on the helmets. Is it just because they are minicamp jerseys, or is O’Brien going with you have to earn the name and logo system? If its the latter, I dig that.

19. Playoffs

He answered "the uniforms were being reconditioned" but I suspect there's some team building behind that.

20. DocBar

DocBar Hall of Fame

Right up there with having "recognized player" photos/posters removed. Nothing comes before the team kinda theme.