Mile High report:NPLB Day 1 Difference Makers: DT

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Wolf, Jan 29, 2008.

1. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

http://www.milehighreport.com/story/2008/1/29/187/28847

2. b0ng

b0ng Ooops

The way it is written you'd think that this guy thought Amobi Okoye was the second coming of <great defensive tackle>.

In all honesty, I think Amobi could really be a scary pass-rushing DT but I don't know if he'll ever be any kind of "stout" against the run.

3. Texans_Chick

Texans_Chick Utopian Dreamer

The coaching staff had nice things to say about his run stuffing performance early in the year after looking at coaches tape.

Hard to say how much Okoye's neck bothered him in the second part of the year. They didn't talk about it.

4. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

TJ made tremendous improvement after Kubes had a private talk with him. Mario, healthy, had an awesome sophomore year and no reason to think Okoye won't improve in a like manner. We have strong safety and LBs to slow the run and we as fans constantly harp on disrupting the QB. If we re-sign Demps and have him as starter for game one and then thrown in Bennett from game one with his new confidence, our D has to be better. I think a CB will be added to replace DR one way or another. I could also see a FA OLB added to the mix.