Mike Sims-Walker released by Jags

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by Texans34Life, Mar 3, 2011.

1. Texans34Life

Texans34Life I BLEED TEXANS!

2. Trap_Star

Trap_Star SiteContributor

missing a game cause of groupies doesn't comply with uncle bob's honor code. kubiak needs good kids.

3. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

Last edited: Mar 4, 2011
  4. srrono

srrono Hall of Fame

I would take Walker for the right price.

Sims-Walker
    Draft: 2007 - 3rd round (15th pick)
    Height: 6-2
    Weight: 214
    Born: Nov 21, 1984
    38 games
    122 recs
    1648 yds
    14 tds

Jones
    Draft: 2007 - 3rd round (9th pick)
    Height: 6-2
    Weight: 210
    Born: Jul 11, 1984
    59 games
    96 recs
    1229 yds
    9 tds

Last edited: Mar 4, 2011
  5. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

Get this guy and you can take WR off the draft list. We don't know if Jacoby is coming back right now (although I doubt anyone gives up a 2nd for him) and he's an upgrade over Anderson.

6. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Dallas Frog

Kind of a head case, injured alot and frustrating to own in fantasy football...no thanks. :)

7. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

He's been inconsistent because the Jags pass offense has been inconsistent

I think he'd be a producer here

8. ChampionTexan

ChampionTexan Site Contributor

I wouldn't mind seeing him here, but given the fact he's not really known for speed, it would make more sense to take over the role Walter fills rather than Jacoby. Even though I would consider it an upgrade, I'm hard pressed to see them moving on from Walter right now.

9. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

I would consider it more of an upgrade over Anderson with a push on Jones.

10. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Dallas Frog

11. Texecutioner

Texecutioner Hall of Fame

The whining part is the biggest thing for me. The guy had one season that was worth a damn and even that season I don't think he even had 1,000 yards. He came back the next season doing nothing. Sure he's got talent, but I wouldn't invest hardly anything in this guy.

12. Ole Miss Texan

Ole Miss Texan Hall of Fame

This is where the Front Office usually receives the benefit of the doubt from me. I'd be all over bringing him in. But the interviews and inside information these organizations get are golden. I wouldn't pick up some whiney turd. lol

This goes for all draft prospects and free agents. We blame them for passing on "good players" but we never got to hear how dumb the sounded or anything.

13. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

I'd still take Burress. A proven healthy and productive career.

14. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Dallas Frog

I'd take Burress over Sims-Walker anyday. Even with baggage. I'm not opposed to baggage with people. I just want to know how they deal with on the field stuff and if they might turn it around. Sims-Walker seemed like a one hit wonder type whereas Burress always seemed to be intense, into games and playing well. It is one thing to be a head case where you are waiting for the other shoe to drop and another if a guy has incident(s) and they seem few and far between....can they grow up. That is why the Cowboys taking a shot on Tank Johnson and some others didn't bother me as long as there were rules in place and not alot of cash invested.

15. Ole Miss Texan

Ole Miss Texan Hall of Fame

Not to derail this thead but really, Sims-Walker talk can only go so far.

Speaking of disfunctional WRs... what's the latest on Randy Moss? Still under contract in Tennessee?

16. Texecutioner

I agree with taking Sims Walker over Burress and all, but Burress had a lot of problems to Frog. That's why Pittsburgh let him go. He always had a bad attitude and speaking of whiney he was very whiney. When Burress brought his A game though he was really good and hard to cover for just about anyone. The Giants had quite a few issues with him though. If you remember it was just a few games before his gun incident he was taken out of the lineup because he wasn't handling his business with the team and participating in things he was supposed to.

Right now though, right out of prison where this is his last chance I'd be all for bringing Burress. I think all of the issues he had in the past will probably be well behind him after he's been sitting behind bars and realizing what he threw away. You could probably sign him for cheap and if he can still move, you could probably get a really nice steal there.

17. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Dallas Frog

I didn't remember if he had attitude issues or not. Even with that I'd still bring him in for a cursory look and there is nothing wrong with contracts with built in outs for behavior...forfeiting salary, etc.

18. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

Eh, we're talking about a potential 3rd receiver here. I'd still like to see us go after Clayton from St. Louis.

19. Texecutioner

Again, I agree with everything you were saying. I think Burress would possibly be a really good pick up for the Texans right now because they could get him for cheap and the rewards could possibly be high. I was just stating that Burress had quite a few attitude problems throughout his career as well. I think getting him out of prison though, his attitude would probably be great. A team out there might end up getting a steal if he can still run.

20. J_R

J_R Hall of Fame