Mike, Mike, And Mike? Or Tony, Jaws, and Tirico?

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by SF49erFaithful, Sep 11, 2007.

1. SF49erFaithful

SF49erFaithful Crabtree FTW

Personally I liked the Mike/Mike/Mike combo better. Tony K./Jaws/Tirico (is that his last name? Not sure...) isn't bad either though. I'd like to see the three Mike's announce some more games.

2. Scooter

Scooter Funky

i'm probably odd, because I've heard them all for the past 20 years, but football commentary for me is john madden & al michaels ... like each or not, that's color and play by play perfect for the masses. for me (even though i can tolerate them individually) the ESPN cast is exactly as advertised ... ESPN throwing out talking heads to make noise while a game is being played. mike x3 is no different.

3. TexansLucky13

TexansLucky13 53d Signal Batt

Tony and Jaws make me want to puke. I had the TV on mute for most of the game after listening to them.

4. PapaL

PapaL Loose Screw

Didn't like M3. The first games commentary was right on for me.

5. Htownsportsfan

Htownsportsfan All Pro

Madden has lost his mind and just rambles during the game! I respect all that he has done but its well past time to replace Big John.

6. bah007

bah007 Hall of Fame

I really like Golic.

Ditka's alright.

Greenberg is annoying.

7. Silver Oak

Silver Oak Hall of Fame

I think the first trio has the tendency to ramble too much on no-football related stuff, but the sound was kinda muted on the three Mikes. My first thought was that it was some kind of local broadcasting crew, but then I remembered all the hoopla about this.

That said, I fell asleep duirng the second game so I can't really say. :fans:

8. powerfuldragon

powerfuldragon g'mornin to you

:user:

9. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

Greenberg sounded like a dolphin mating with himself.

Ditka & Golic answered my longtime question, "What would two Paul McGuires in the booth sound like?"

I'm still waiting for the technology where I can deselect Kornheiser's audio from my TV. That will be sweet.

bah007 likes this.
  10. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

My take, as well. Greeny doesn't bother me on his show, but I just cringe when listening to his play-by-play. He didn't make the jump from arena football announcing to MNF.

11. hobie

hobie Site Contributor

I prefer the 3M's...and that's not saying a whole heck of alot since the other group of guys are not that much better.

Personally, I liked Stockton and Aikman..Those two said the right things and knew the game. Bringing in Joe Buck messed that all up...I for one don't know why it is so hard to get a good crew to call the games, who cares who the "it" personality is at the time...It can't be that difficult can it?

12. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

I'm always going with REAL FOOTBALL people over celebs/non-football people. its all about the game itself not announcers, they're suppose to paint a picture that the average fan can see, understand you know get their heads in the game Mike, Mike & Mike are refreshing, knowledgeable vastly superior to those bigger names (comfort level/familarity) everyone knows love or hate.

hope they get a chance to do more games in the future :)

bah007 likes this.
  13. Second Honeymoon

Second Honeymoon Hall of Fame

3M was great except Greenberg sucks. Golic and Ditka were very insightful and interesting.

Tony Kornhole is the worst sports announcer EVER. Jaws is fine with me but he gets a little too excited at times. Tirico has a great voice and takes command but when I hear his voice I think of NBA...its that simple.

Aikman is the best analyst in the booth at this point in time and the best play by play is probably Stockton or Criqui. Greenberg had little to no energy in his voice and he is too much of a NY honk. I can't stand hearing him talk incessantly about the Mets, Yanks, and BoSox....ugh I cant stand that guy.

14. real

real Guest

Honestly I liked both....

I think both crews were interesting and brought different things to each broadcast...

15. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

I can tolerate any combination as long as Kornhole is not a part of it. Its not just that he doesn't add anything to the MNF presentation, its worse because he's a distraction from the business at hand.
    But as long as we're wishing, how about a lineup that includes Parsells as the analyst ?

16. bah007

bah007 Hall of Fame

I think Parcells actually makes a good team with Keyshawn on the pre-game show.

17. Mr teX

Mr teX Hall of Fame

jaws tony & tirico. Ditka sounds out of place & isn't very eloquent when he speaks & the mike & mike combo.................... i just don't like them.

18. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

I liked them last night...nice change of pace from the same ol' same ol'

19. Brando

Brando Site Contributor

Same here. The only thing is Golic had a hard time getting out what he had to say, but who am I to criticize?:cool:

It's football...................

20. Porky

Porky Hall of Fame

I can't stand Tony Kornholio. Other than that, they were all fine. Cornhole just about drives me to drink.