Mike Golic "dissed" the Texans

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by threeputtsam, Jun 4, 2008.

1. threeputtsam

threeputtsam Rookie

Mike Golic, from Mike and Mike in the morning, might have just given Kubiak some more locker room ammo. Golic and Eric C were talking about the success/failure of Bill Parcells with Dallas. Eric said his tenure was successful because the team was in better shape when Parcells left, than when he got there. Golic said his tenure was more of a failure. He said Parcell's seasons:
    10-6, 6-10, 9-7, 9-7, was more of a failure. Golic said something like "This isn't the Houston Texans, it's the Dallas Cowboys". I've got to admit, I'd love to have a 10-6 or 9-7 season, but Golic's comment irked me a little bit.

2. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

Not to take away from this thread, but it's funny how there is a Target ad running on the right side of this page which is advertising Cowboys paraphernalia..........makes me sick.

BTW, Golic may be eating his words on both sides of the fence, as things could explode for the Texans and implode for the Cowboys. :popcorn:

Drew_Smoke likes this.
  3. BigBull17

BigBull17 Hall of Fame

Hes just another babbling ass hat. Ive learned to ignore him. Until we catch some eyes, we are still the "lowly" Houston Texans. Hes just mad we passed his boy Brady Quinn. Just laugh at Notre Dame and let it go. EFFF the Cowboys.

4. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

Golic has always been an asshat. That comment doesnt really bother me...... Nothing to see here.

Golic, go sell some more Nutri-System!!!

Topher likes this.
  5. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

Agreed! Better yet, go eat some more Nutri-System because you're still a fatass.

RTP2110 likes this.
  6. 281

281 Hall of Fame

as much as i love the texans, i don't blame outsiders for saying things like this. they see we've never had a winning record... it's to be expected.

7. TD

TD TT Huckaboo

Considering 8-8 was just considered a successful season, I don't see the big deal. He made a valid point and geographically it was a good comparison to mention Houston.

To quote my preacher last Sunday, its time to put on our big girl panties and quit being so sensitive.

Drew_Smoke likes this.
  8. ArlingtonTexan

ArlingtonTexan Moderator Staff Member

Y'all are way too thin skinned about that stuff. Other teams with poor overall history take similar shots all the time. We are looking better than three year ago, but until we break through this type of stuff is par for the course.

9. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

Is Golic the metrosexual or the Doughnut King?

See, not caring who they are means I could give a rat's ass about their opinion!

:cowboy1:

10. The Pencil Neck

The Pencil Neck Subscribed Contributor

This doesn't bother me. All he's saying is that there are higher expectations in Dallas than there are in Houston. And I don't see how that could be argued. We need to win a few Super Bowls and have consistently good seasons before we can get upset at a comment like this.

Seriously, there are very few teams with a history of winning as consistent as the Cowgirls. And we're not one of those teams. Yet.

11. Line_Producer

Line_Producer Party Rocker

Evidenced by all of the nutrisystem jokes, he's the chunkier one. ;)

12. Brando

Brando Site Contributor

iiwii until we start winning and earning respect. Just blow it off and wait until we start winning which is hopefully soon. :tiphat:

13. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

to me he simply states the facts as they where without suggestion of the future. Cowboys love em or not are one of the premier NFL franchises with a rich history, national following & Superbowl hardware, somthing I have little doubt the Texans have been building towards. I like the fact at least the Texans are coming into the national consciousness on the cusp of achieving the very same thing the Cowboys have enjoyed over the years, full circle all in the state of Texas

:wesmantexanfan:

14. False Start

False Start On # 69

Looks to me like Golic is using "Slim Slow" instead of Nutri-System . :heh:

Those type of comments will continue until this team proves itself to be something other than a mediocre team . The Bengals used to get it , and until the Texans make that move out of the cellar , they will continue to diss on them . To hell with em' .

15. Overalls

Overalls Hall of Fame

I don't like Dallas. To me they are right down there with the ICOU but we are sitting here hoping to get our FIRST winning season. Cowgirl fans are talking about ANOTHER Super Bowl.

I am more irritated by one of our own sports radio people compairing us to Detroit and Arizona. I don't expect a love fest from the national media.

16. DiehardChris

DiehardChris You betcha!

I have nothing personal against Mike Golic - but he's not good at his job. He doesn't know anything past the most broad strokes... so yeah, that is kind of a diss, but considering the source, it will go ignored.

17. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

doesn't bother me :yawn:

besides they have to find something, because they can't diss on Mario

18. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

Well said.
    You guys who always complain about the Texans aren't getting as much cred as the Cowboys are just Cowboy haters. So get real with yourselfs and wait for the Texans to have some real success with their franchise.
    And look, I'm not a Cowboys fan. The thing is would you honestly expect the Texans to be spoken about in the same sentence with the likes of the Packers, or Steelers, or 49ers, or other great NFL franchises (historically speaking) ? I don't think so and you probably wouldn't be too offended if they weren't treated with the same respect as the other legendary teams (not including the Cowboys).
    Our time is coming. And in the meantime don't expect to be talked of in the same breathe with the NFLs greats.

19. IlliniJen

IlliniJen Hall of Fame

I hope you don't plan to run for president one day...your preacher seems like a divisive firebrand!

I keed.

The Texans are an easy target for someone like Golic. Scan names of teams that don't have a history of success lately, then use them in contrast to the Cowboys.

Although, until Parcells got there, the Cowboys didn't do anything for a decade, so there ya go.

I will agree that Parcells seems to be a bit of a walking cancer himself. His ego is a little too big and he likes to treat players unprofessionally. Instead of building up talent and confidence of his best players, make one move he doesn't of, and suddenly you're persona non grata with the guy. I think he's the one that needs to pull on his big-girl panties.

20. IlliniJen

IlliniJen Hall of Fame

Golic is the opposite of a metrosexual. He's one Italian surname away from being a bit player on the Sopranos.