Mike Bell rumored to visit

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by ArlingtonTexan, Jul 25, 2008.

1. ArlingtonTexan

ArlingtonTexan Moderator Staff Member

Under the of zero surprise category, Mike Bell supposed to visit us (and the Patriots)

per kffl.com

Adam Caplan, of Scout.com, reports free-agent RB Mike Bell (Broncos) is scheduled to work out for the Houston Texans.

AnthonyE likes this.
  2. GuerillaBlack

GuerillaBlack Hall of Fame

GTFO Mike Bell! We are already saturated at the RB position.

AnthonyE likes this.
  3. TexansLucky13

TexansLucky13 53d Signal Batt

I'll second that. Tired of being the Broncos 2.0, as well.

4. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

No more running backs!

5. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

I think Chris Brown just got sent a message.

STAY @ THE WEDDING IF YOU WANT & WE"LL MOVE ON

CHRIS IT"S TIME TO GET IN CAMP

6. AnthonyE

AnthonyE Lurker

Thirded on the first statement, and seconded on the second.

I'm ready for having our own identity.

7. Scooter

Scooter Funky

8. ObsiWan

ObsiWan Site Contributor

why was he cut from the Broncos? Its not like they have some stud bunch of backs....

9. Specnatz

Specnatz Site Contributor

Yes they do, they have an ex-longhorn that is all you ever need in this league.

10. Line_Producer

Line_Producer Party Rocker

QFT for truth and sarcasm. ;)

11. SAMURAITEXAN

SAMURAITEXAN Subscribed Contributor

If Bell is better than current RBs, why not? (I don't know if he is or not) We need to keep improving depth on each position which make us better and stronger team.

Go Texans!!

12. whiskeyrbl

whiskeyrbl Guest

Let him come in for camp, if we have another camp like the last two we may need another back that is familiar with our scheme.

13. Maddict5

Maddict5 Hall of Fame

mike bell is a decent rb from what ive seen and when he was released i thought we'd give him a look.. and bad new for chris taylor but he had played a good deal of fb at the broncos iirc (well they moved him there.. im not sure if he actually played it tbh)

14. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

I'm not that familiar with Mike Bell, but I have to say I own no emotional stock in any of our running backs, including our "wonderful" new draft choice who isn't getting cut anyway. If Bell fits in, and can show he is more useful than someone we already got, then that's fine with me.

It's not like any in our current running back stable is gonna tear up the NFL this year.

15. dalemurphy

dalemurphy Hall of Fame

I don't understand this attitude or perspective. Of course you could end up being right. However, how could you possibly know that AGreen won't have a healthy and highly productive season. Or, how could you know that Slaton won't come in and have a season like Dom Davis had his rookie year. Or, why is it impossible that Chris Taylor would build on the way he finished 2006 and pound out 100 yard games?

Not only are you saying that one of those won't happen but you are saying that there is no way any of those things will happen. I just don't get that pessimism. If we were going into the season with Ron Dayne, Darius Walker, and Wali Lundy- then I would agree. But, we have 4 players that have all at least flashed ability to succeed in the NFL.

16. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

When Bell entered the NFL in 2006 as an undrafted rookie, he showed great promise picking up almost 700 yards and scoring 8 TDs. But in the 2007 preseason, he sustained a shoulder injury and was essentially delegated to play solely in the FB position in a total of only 5 games. He carried only 6times during that period. On his last carry, in a very critical situation, he fumbled........He was inactivated for the rest of the season.

Here's some background info on Bell. [LINK]

17. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

Don't get me wrong, what I think about our running backs and what I hope for our running backs are two different things.

What I think is this is another year of musical chair running backs with the over all running game improved over last year, but no one really carrying the load.

What I hope is we find ourselves with one good solid leader that can be spelled at times with the backups. In other words, a real threat that has to be reckoned with. I don't see that happening.

If I'm wrong, then GOOD. This is a case where I'd love to be proven wrong.

18. ObsiWan

ObsiWan Site Contributor

define "tear up the NFL".
    besides, I don't really think any of them need to "tear up the NFL" as long as our running game, as a whole, averages 120-140 yds/game and can produce 15-20 rushing TDs. Last year we managed 8-8 with 99 ypg and 12 rushing TDs. 120 rushing ypg would have put us in the top ten; 140 in the top five. 15 rushing TDs puts us in the top ten, 20 would have put us at #2.

Then again, maybe what I'm asking for would be "tearing up the NFL".

and yes, with Gibbs here, I expect more than baby step improvements in our running game. And I hope to hell the team does too.

and now its off to TC.
    :splits:

19. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

As a team goes, I also think our running game will be improved this year. All I'm saying is we don't really have a "go to" type of guy yet, unless one of our guys steps up this year and proves himself. Whether or not you need a "go to" type ah guy when you can run effectively using multiple backs is a matter of taste I suppose.

Personally, I'd like to see us have a 1400 yard a year back along with the passing game. But I'll take the 1400 yards from multiple backs in a heartbeat. It's just a preferance is all.

20. False Start

False Start On # 69

What next ? Is Steve Atwater and Terrell Davis going to come out of retirement and try out for the team ? NO MORE BRONCOS !!!