Mewelde Moore on the block. Texans showing interest?

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by gtexan02, Oct 10, 2007.

1. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-vikingsmoore100907&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

more in the article. What would you think about trying to bring him in? I wonder if a 5th rounder could do it. No way would I ever give up a 3rd.

He's got OK speed and is a career 5.0 yards per carry guy. That would certainly be an upgrade over what we have now

career stats:
    254 rushes for 1243 yards (4.9 ypc) with 1 TD
    116 catches for 1093 yards (9.4 ypc) with 3 TD

not bad

2. Cjeremy635

Cjeremy635 Overtraining

I don't know......I'm nervous about giving up any picks and I haven't followed his career to know anything about him either. What kind of shape can he be in, being that he hasn't seen starting game action in 2 years? Would he be ready to step in and play? Is he the prototypical one cut-n-go RB we are looking for?

3. Exithios

Exithios Veteran

I do not think that Minnesota would take less than a 4th in return for him seeing as A) that is what they gave up for him in the draft and B) he would likely become a starter for another franchise without an already strong running game.

I would offer them a 5th and a PTBNL.

My $0.02

4. Errant Hothy

Errant Hothy Hypermediocrity

Anyting higher then a 6th is to much, and I think the dreaded "player to be named later" is only a baseball bit.

Now if the Vikings wanted to trade one crap RB, say Gado, for another, Moore; I might consider it.

5. Exithios

Exithios Veteran

In a heart beat.

6. gg no re

gg no re iggnorent

Hey guys

Remember back in the day, people were all about Minnesota's three headed running attack with Moore, Bennett, and Smith

And they were gonna shake things up

Well... that's the NFL for you.

7. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

A third round pick for Minnesotas 3rd string running back. Lets stop and consider what kind of guy ends up third on the depth chart.

Hmmm.

I don't think so.

I would not give up a first day pick for this guy. I think the 5th is just about right. I'd be hard pressed to even consider giving up a 4th.

We could sign Techno Viking for league minimum and give up no draft picks at all.

8. Specnatz

Specnatz Site Contributor

Also, the body of work is not that high that you can say he will run for that on any other team. The Vikins are hoping someone will be desperate enough to cut off the nose in spite of their face, like they did when they traded for Hershal Walker. Honestly, I do not think anyone is that dumb.

9. Exithios

Exithios Veteran

I agree with you 100%. The question is going to be if they are just fishing like the Chargers did with Michael Turner or if they are seriously looking to open up that spot on their roster for a reasonable price.

Personnally, I don't see this as being another SD fishing expedition due to the simple fact that Turner is the back-up as well as a situational back where, on the other hand, AD and Chester Taylor have solidifed their positions as the starter and back-up leaving their 3rd stringer that draws almost as much value as their back-up (who would likely be a starter on half of the current NFL rosters). I think he will likely fetch a 5th with an add-on unless Green Bay or Tampa get desperate and offer up more than he is worth.

My $0.02

10. stingray

stingray Hall of Fame

I aslo read on ESPN that Chester Taylor was also on the trading block. I'd rather have Taylor any day over Moore. But the price would be higher than moore's. I wouldn't give a third for moore. That would only leave us with a first round pick on the first day.

11. Exithios

Exithios Veteran

I am not as concerned with the loss of a pick if it brings in someone of equal or better value for the long term. Chester Taylor would be a popular pickup but I am a little concerned with his inability to stay on the field at such a young age. I don't doubt that someone would fork up a 3rd for Chester.

My $0.02

12. MightyTExan

MightyTExan It's go time!

Totally ub-related but, why do I get the strange feeling that Tatum Bell is going to end up here?

13. Exithios

Exithios Veteran

You have been spying on me haven't you...

I have had this feeling for a while now. He knows the Broncos system (which we don't seem to be running much of this year but could be reimplemented for next season) and he would definately be an upgrade over Dayne. I wouldn't mind it too much if it were for minimal cost but he is a fumbler which means he needs to be coached up even after being a starter elsewhere.

My $0.02

14. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

I would take either in a heartbeat. I'd prefer Moore, as he seems to be a better threat in the receiving department, but Bell has nice speed

15. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

Moore is nothing more than a 3rd down back....there is a reason that the Vikings have drafted Fason, Peterson and signed Chester Taylor to the team all while Moore has been on the roster....I'll pass.

16. tulexan

tulexan Hall of Fame

I like Moore. Not just because he is a Tulane guy, but he is actually a good running back. Whenever he gets a lot of touches, he performs really well. I remember as a rookie, he killed us for almost 180 (about 90 rushing, 90 receiving) yards from scrimmage in his first game as a starter.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/gamelog?statsId=6878&year=2004