Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Melvin Bullitt, S, Texas A&M

Newbsies

Practice Squad
I know this guy hasn't been talked about much, if at all, but hear me out.

A close friend of mine works for the TAMU football team as basically an intern. He refills the water, stocks shelves, keeps records of things, etc... ANYWAY, he was at the Texas A&M pro day last Saturday, watching guys like Justin Warren, Chad Schroeder, Melvin Bullitt, and Jason Jack participate. After the combine was over, he called me immediately to tell me how much money Bullitt had made himself. Look at how he measured out.

-6-1, 205ish
-Sub 4.4 Forty
-Around 21-26 reps of 225 (can't remember exactly)
-41' Vertical leap

Not many people probably know this, but Bullitt was First Team all Big 12 last year as well. The dude is a good leader, and a very hard-hitting safety.

On a side note, Schroeder ran roughly a 4.46 forty, while Warren ran a sluggish 4.8-4.9 forty, in case anybody was interested.

Anyway, if we choose not to select Landry in the first round, Bullitt could be a huge sleeper in this years draft and I would love to see him in a Texans uni in 2007.

Bullitt (6-1¼, 201 pounds) ran 4.50 and 4.48 in the 40-yard dash. He also had a 40½-inch vertical jump, 10-foot-5 long jump, 15 strength lifts, 3.97 in the short shuttle and 6.90 in the three-cone drill.

nfl.com

haha, my bad guys. Guess I should check my sources a little better next time. Thanks for correcting me.

a FS doesn't really need a ton of reps. The only reason I'd steer clear is because he's an Aggie. Woot!

Just kidding Aggies.

I've accepted the fact that no matter what we do w/ the draft, it's probably better than what we have currently in place.

If We don't draft Landry, Nelson, Merriweather, Griffin, Weddle, the kid out of Wake Forrest....i'd consider him in the what...6-7? possibly UFA

His lift numbers are fine for a safety, his 40 is a touch slow; but he shows good quickness and agility. He'll get drafted for sure, probably on Day 2.

A close friend of mine

-6-1, 205ish
-Sub 4.4 Forty

-41' Vertical leap

http://www.nfl.com/draft/analysis/individual_workouts#aTm

Melvin Bullitt S Bullitt (6-1¼, 201 pounds) ran 4.50 and 4.48 in the 40-yard dash.
He also had a 40½-inch vertical jump, 10-foot-5 long jump, 15 strength lifts, 3.97 in the short shuttle and 6.90 in the three-cone drill.

Well gill and the clock disagrees with your assement there. Maybe it was the shoes. I'm an old man I think I could hit fifteen reps. all the wives tails about a guys speed are going to fall the next four weeks or so. Not saying he isn't a good prospect. Just saying...the roster stuff in the programs are going to get weeded out the next few weeks.

a FS doesn't really need a ton of reps. The only reason I'd steer clear is because he's an Aggie. Woot!

Just kidding Aggies.

I've accepted the fact that no matter what we do w/ the draft, it's probably better than what we have currently in place.

thats a good way to think about it.

A close friend of mine works for the TAMU football team as basically an intern. He refills the water, stocks shelves, keeps records of things, etc... ANYWAY, he was at the Texas A&M pro day last Saturday, watching guys like Justin Warren, Chad Schroeder, Melvin Bullitt, and Jason Jack participate. After the combine was over, he called me immediately to tell me how much money Bullitt had made himself. Look at how he measured out.

-6-1, 205ish
-Sub 4.4 Forty
-41' Vertical leap

Not many people probably know this, but Bullitt was First Team all Big 12 last year as well. The dude is a good leader, and a very hard-hitting safety.

On a side note, Schroeder ran roughly a 4.46 forty, while Warren ran a sluggish 4.8-4.9 forty, in case anybody was interested.

Anyway, if we choose not to select Landry in the first round, Bullitt could be a huge sleeper in this years draft and I would love to see him in a Texans uni in 2007.

Bullitt is a hard-worker, but I still rate Sabby Piscitelli, Eric Weddle, and Gerald Alexander over this guy.

Back