Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by CITY CAT, Mar 6, 2006.
Anyone with ESPN Insider want to fill the "Cat" in on what's cooking.
No big surprises in the top 7. Pretty Much the same as other mocks.
He did have V. Davis fall out of the top 10 to 11.
idk about that.
young might drop farther down in the draft still
kiper also usually gets about half the draft wrong in all his mocks then on draft day he's like i knew they were gonna do that
Kiper will do about a dozen mocks between now and draft day .... all of them different ..... Then he will say ... I knew that all along .... Hell most of the people on this MB could post a mock as good as his ..... and they dont get to go to the combine or pro-days .
my favorite part of his mock was that he had guys like bryd, lewis, j. joseph, and k. jennings going in the first round...bryd doesn't have the talent to go in the first and with lewis running in the 4.8's he's not a first round talent...the corners he threw in there because they ran really fast at either the combine or the pro day of their campus...but to say that hali is going to cleveland over some of the other guys who are a much better fit for the 3-4 OLB position is crazy...manny lawson has moved up into 1st round talent...and what happened to all the offensive tackles...with all the teams needed OT's there is only two taken in round one i honestly doubt it...i don't see kiwanuka falling down to number 31 and i don't see bunkley being taken by the ravens
Ya Manny Lawson should be the first 3-4 OLB taken he almost ran a 4.3 40 which is insane for his size.
A 4.43 to be exact .... for a guy 6'6" 245 lbs thats just sick
You know if the Texans where not set on converting to the 4-3 defense the prospects who fit the 3-4 defense in this draft are steller. Maybe the Texans are giving up a year too early with this scheme
I think you may be right .....:brickwall
Even if Kubiak decided that the 3-4 would be the Texans base D, we've got
tweeners at OLB running out our ears. Too many other things we "need" to draft for.
That's what I think..... 'specially with guys like Babin & Peek saying they finally get it, at the end of the season....
The most intriguing position, by far, in this year's NFL draft is tight end. There is big-time talent at the top with Maryland's Vernon Davis, who had great workouts at the combine and should be the first tight end taken off the board.
I project that three tight ends will go in the first round, but teams will be able to get a quality tight end well into the second day of the draft, with players like: Leonard Pope, Georgia; Joe Klopfenstein, Colorado; Anthony Fasano, Notre Dame; Tim Day, Oregon; Tony Scheffler, Western Michigan; and Wisconsin's Owen Daniels, who could be used as an H-back in the NFL, similar to Chris Cooley of the Washington Redskins.
1. Houston Reggie Bush, RB* USC
2. New Orleans Matt Leinart, QB USC
3. Tennessee Vince Young, QB* Texas
4. N.Y. Jets D'Brickashaw Ferguson, T Virginia
5. Green Bay Mario Williams, DE* NC State
6. San Francisco A.J. Hawk, LB Ohio St.
7. Oakland Jay Cutler, QB Vanderbilt
8. Buffalo Haloti Ngata, DT* Oregon
9. Detroit Michael Huff, DB Texas
10. Arizona LenDale White, RB* USC
11. St. Louis Vernon Davis, TE* Maryland
12. Cleveland Tamba Hali, DE Penn St.
13. Baltimore Brodrick Bunkley, DT Florida St.
14. Philadelphia Ernie Sims, LB* Florida St.
15. Atlanta Johnathan Joseph, CB* South Carolina
16. Miami Winston Justice, T* USC
17. Minnesota DeAngelo Williams, RB Memphis
18. Dallas Chad Jackson, WR* Florida
19. San Diego Santonio Holmes, WR* Ohio St.
20. Kansas City Tye Hill, CB Clemson
21. New England Ashton Youboty, CB* Ohio St.
22. Denver (from WSH) Sinorice Moss, WR Miami
23. Tampa Bay Chad Greenway, LB Iowa
24. Cincinnati Jimmy Williams, CB Virginia Tech
25. N.Y. Giants Kelly Jennings, CB Miami
26. Chicago Dominique Byrd, TE USC
27. Carolina Marcedes Lewis, TE UCLA
28. Jacksonville DeMeco Ryans, LB Alabama
29. Denver Kamerion Wimbley, DE Florida St.
30. Indianapolis Laurence Maroney, RB* Minnesota
31. Pittsburgh Mathias Kiwanuka, DE Boston College
32. Seattle Bobby Carpenter, LB Ohio St.
* denotes underclassman
actually his mock drafts are usually the most accurate year in and year out, or 2nd or 3rd
Do you work for ESPN ?
Johnathon Joseph is ranked way too high. I watched him play all year and the fact that Ko Simpson isnt even in the first round and Joseph is ranked so high is just ridiculous. Ko is a outstanding player and was much better than Joseph every play in every game. Joseph just had a very good showing at the combine which means he knows how to run well and do drills. Joseph is a good player, but I dont think he is 1st round quality.
CBs get more love than S. Joseph is a player and I do not dispute that Simpson is better, Joseph is fast, big, and plays a position that has greater importance in the NFL eyes. He is ranked high, but I am hoping he makes it out of the first.
in his new mock he didnt have manny lawson in the 1st
he had jonathon joseph going 15th
there were some really weird picks, but he gets paid to do that, so i guess he knows what hes talking about...
Are you talking about his "Big Board" or the Mock Draft?
Separate names with a comma.