Mel Kiper on 2015 draft

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by Playoffs, May 21, 2014.

1. Playoffs

Playoffs Subscribed Contributor

Too-early 2015 Big Board

2. bah007

bah007 Hall of Fame

I know everybody is already jacked up about this QB class but I don't think it is substantially better than the one we just had.

Leonard Williams or Andrus Peat will be the #1 pick, IMO of course.

3. WolverineFan

WolverineFan Hall of Fame

I agree. I think Williams will be considered the top prospect once the '15 draft rolls around.

4. mussop

mussop Hall of Fame

Wouldn't it be funny if we got the number one pick again and passed on all the QB's and instead draft Williams. :clown: This board, hell this city would melt down!!!

5. markn

markn Hall of Fame

If we're picking #1 again, this city will have melted down long before the draft!

6. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

Gotta disagree on QBs. If Winston comes out he should fill the Manziel/Tebow role of media magnet. Mariotta will be the Bridgewater guy (hopefully without the plunge) and Hundley will be the Bortles while Bryce will be Carr. With our need for OLB , Oline and NT met, I am hoping we can go QB/DE/CB/ILB in no particular order.

7. Texecutioner

Texecutioner Hall of Fame

WTF is this stuff with Winston? I don't get why everyone thinks he is the best guy for the NFL. His mechanics aren't that great, and his college coaches aren't going to help him work on them.

8. Wolf6151

Wolf6151 Hall of Fame

I don't see Kevin Hogan-QB from Stanford on Kipers list. Bah007 or anyone else for that matter, do yall think he could be our 1st round pick assuming we're picking in the 8-12 range? At this time I don't know alot about Hogan but he's got the size, going to Stanford I assume he's got the brains, and I hear he's got a good arm and can make all the throws.

9. Playoffs

All of you people talking about the 2015 NFL Draft are cray-cray draftniks. [​IMG]

10. bah007

bah007 Hall of Fame

I do think that Hogan will eventually be drafted in the top half of the first round.

I hate his throwing motion, which often leads to high inaccurate passes. But other than that I love everything about him. He has a great arm, he anticipates windows, and he comes from a system that utilizes pro concepts.

At this point, he looks like the best pro QB out of this group and I wouldn't be surprised if he is the first QB drafted. But we're a long way away from next year's draft and a lot can change.

11. 76Texan

76Texan Hall of Fame

This is way early, but I like the guy that will be playing for Stanford after Hogan.

I'm keeping an eye on him.

12. WolverineFan

He has great size, mobility, and a solid arm. He's also very smart. However, he has an awful Tebow-like windup that causes him to spray passes all over the place. I loved him as a freshman, but he was disappointing last year. As a 3rd year player and 2nd year starter, I expected some of those mechanics to be cleaned up some. Especially with a coach like David Shaw. I'd really like to see him fix that throwing motion before I give him a 1st round grade, but there is a lot to like about him.

13. WolverineFan

Keller Chryst?

14. Wolf6151

Wolf6151 Hall of Fame

I watched some video of Hogan last night and I see what your saying about his throwing motion. It seems like the upper half of his body and lower half aren't in synch, it almost looks like he's pushing the ball. I also noticed that his throwing motion is inconsistent, sometimes it looks good and then the next throw he'd be pushing the ball. But with size, intelligence, strong arm, mobility, etc... there's alot to like about Hogan. Hopefully Shaw can work on this throwing motion issue, along with another year of experience he's a QB prospect to keep a serious eye on.

15. 76Texan

76Texan Hall of Fame

That's him.
    I think he has a good chance to be the next great one.
    Better than Luck.

Give me Amari Cooper next year and Chryst two or three years down the road, and this offense is going to be insanely good.

16. Playoffs

Deep sleeper local boy from Booker T.,

John Gibbs, Jr. 6'6" out of Alcorn State working with Whitfield.

17. ObsiWan

ObsiWan Site Contributor

[FONT=&quot][​IMG][/FONT]

18. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

The build up to draft known as college season keep me thinking and planning. Keeps me from stealing hub caps in the late night.

19. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

Hogan will be in our wheelhouse next year Chryst not! three arms that came up same time out of HS that Chip Kelly inked or wanted to were Manziel, Mariota & Hogan. But yeah, way to early damn you BB :ahhaha:

20. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

Ya know ya love me!