Meet the new boss

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by the wonger need food, Jun 3, 2007.

1. the wonger need food

the wonger need food Hall of Fame

With Dan Ferens in charge of contract negotiations we were one of the first teams (many times the first team) to sign its draftees. This offseason we're starting to see a lot of draftees signed and not one has been a Texan. We've had one holdout in our brief history (the fat lazy slug AKA Travis Johnson) and I would hate to see this become the norm around here.

Does anyone have any insight on Chris Olsen and the organization's new strategies with signing these guys?

2. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

We've had zero holdouts. TJ signed the day before TC so there was no holdout.

As for signings, don't get worried until a couple weeks before training camp.

3. ArlingtonTexan

ArlingtonTexan Moderator Staff Member

More than the Texans are "slow" this year, a few teams are quite a bit earlier than they have been.

4. the wonger need food

the wonger need food Hall of Fame

If I remember correctly he missed the first morning practice and was in camp for the evening practice.

5. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

Could be. This source said training camp eve and no holdouts--Link Really immaterial--we haven't had a deleterious holdout.

Runner likes this.
  6. OzzO

OzzO .. and then?

Some snippets:
    chronic 12/24/06 - signing
    chronic 1/9/07 - prepare for draft
    Johnny Mac's blog that just said
    so, probably nothing much, but if he's familiar with contract "styles" then he probably knows how to word the contracts as well as push the correct buttons to get those signed. Also, with the new management, you'd better be here ready to show your all if you wanna play.

7. TEXANS84

TEXANS84 Moderator Staff Member

Travis Johnson showed up for the evening practice at the tail end of it.

I remember because I was there when he came in and the camera crews ran over to him.

8. MorKnolle

MorKnolle Hall of Fame

Agreed. Outside of Mario I don't recall us having any draft picks signed at this point last year. Many agents don't even begin negotiating contracts until at least mini camps and such are done. I would start worrying about anyone that isn't signed by the last week before training camp starts, but at the same time it sounds like we've had basically 100% attendance every day of OTAs so far, so everyone should have a decent gage of the offensive/defensive systems anyways.