McShay 4.0

Discussion in 'Mock Draft Talk' started by Section516, Mar 16, 2011.

1. Section516

Section516 Warrior

2. Dutchrudder

Dutchrudder COOL BEANS!

I'd be OK with those two, but I would rather see them get an OLB rather than a CB.

3. Wolf6151

Wolf6151 Hall of Fame

I'd be thrilled with those 2 picks. Quin would play OLB for us, not DE, and I think Harris is 1st round talent that's not likely to fall to us at #42.

4. SteveSlaton20

SteveSlaton20 All Pro

same

i'd love to get both.

5. kiwitexansfan

kiwitexansfan Site Contributor

I'm just amazed that ESPN actually got our draft needs right for once.

6. V3rm0nt3r

V3rm0nt3r All Pro

I still will never forget when McShay had us taking Mark Sanchez in one of his mocks in 2009 and reasoned that with the loss of Rosenfels that it was necessary for Kubiak to have a good backup for the injury prone Schaub.I've learned to not pay attention to him and ESPN in general since.

7. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

I have seen some recent placement with Robert Quinn dropping http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1630332

I would love Quinn @ #11 and have been psuhing for Harris in second as a cover type corner. With our own Quin moving to FS from CB, I could see Harris starting. I am concerned we will not get much in free agency.

8. Ole Miss Texan

Ole Miss Texan Hall of Fame

Quinn seems like one of those boom or bust type of players. Not saying I'm against the selection but I question his ability to come in and be effective as a rookie, particularly after not having played an entire season.

Staying in football shape is vastly different than just staying in shape. Cushing is a workhorse who worked nonstop during his suspension and even he has said how much missing the game effected his play... being out of football shape. Now, I'm sure much can or will be read into the whole 'overtraining' excuse... LOL

9. J_R

J_R Hall of Fame

Mel Kiper(4.0):

Todd McShay(5.0):

Lucky likes this.
  10. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

I like Kipers draft for us, because the names excite me but Mcshay's draft at least addresses a position we've never addressed early in the draft before - Safety.

Only problem with McShay's draft is that it would produce an insane amount of people on this board complaining that we only drafted from one school and how Kubiak only drafts people from that school and he needs to be fired because of it and how he must have a son that goes to that school or the coach must be his friend or kubiak's hair is bad.....

11. Ole Miss Texan

Ole Miss Texan Hall of Fame

I would throw up if we drafted Muhammad Wilkerson at 11. No way would Wade and Kubiak pass on Watt or Jordan's work ethic, motor and football IQ and take Wilkerson (who I think is only sniffing the first round because his potential). I'd take a look at Wilkerson with our 2nd round pick if he lasts that long but not at 11.

I view Wilkerson, Phil Taylor, Cameron Heyward fairly similary and decent selections if we trade down into the mid-late 20s... but not any sooner.

12. Mr teX

Mr teX Hall of Fame

Kiper....well what can you say about his other than "hell no". Sure, we need secondary help, but aside from somehow snatching Peterson or Amukamara at 11 & then coming back in the 2nd & getting Ras-I Dowling..or getting peterson or Amukamara & then a draft day trade to move up & snatch aaron williams out of UT in the 1st, I think there's zero chance we take 2 cb's with 2 of our 1st 3 picks. Basically, it all hinges on getting 1 of the top 2 guys at cb.

I'm with u on mcshay's mock. If Jordan & Watt are there, i have a hard time believing we pass on any one of those guys let alone both of them. Another reason McShay's mock is pretty much garbage is b/c i don't believe Justin Houston last to us at 42 in the 2nd round.

13. BigBull17

BigBull17 Hall of Fame

cough...Akoye...cough

14. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

And I hate the word potential because all it means is you haven't done anything yet.

15. Mr teX

Mr teX Hall of Fame

All these guys are being drafted off of potential. None of them have done anything yet. I hate it when its used in the context of guy who's had every opportunity to show it but hasn't...