McNair Reflects and Reveals..........

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by CloakNNNdagger, Apr 1, 2010.

1. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

Cjeremy635 likes this.
  2. NitroGSXR

NitroGSXR Super Sic #58

They have almost reached our level.... burn.

He mentions Cal in this article as a person who he gives a lot of weight to. We blast McNair, Smith and Kubiak on a regular basis but what about Cal? We don't discuss him too much. Can anyone give any insight on Cal McNair?

3. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

Nepotism appears to be alive and well.

4. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

Wow, that was a great read! A few tidbits I thought was interesting...

Pretty much telling us again what we will be drafting. Look for Mathews in the first or Tate in the 2nd. Solid OL?

You can bet that he has heard the Coaches opinion and GM's and Scout's and is relating the overall ideas that we need a RB! Maybe 2.

For the bashers that keep saying he is just in it for the money. Listen to the Man! I believe he means what he says and is committed to bringing and NFL championship to Houston. I love the fact that someone would do this for the sports fans of Houston, even if he does line his own pockets be doing so.

Afterall, I watched the Oilers and Fud McDouche since their inception. I have seen an owner that had no interest in the fans or in winning a title, other than the money it would bring him.

:lol:

5. Norg

Norg Hall of Fame

they have almost reached our level what does that mean

Texans do got a world class stadium and facilites along with a Pitsburg/old school denver runed team i guess thats what he ment

6. brakos82

brakos82 Hall of Fame

Okay? Who wrote "Bud Ass. Tard. Adams"... :lol:

7. Insideop

Insideop Hall of Fame

Great article CNNND! Thanks for posting it.

As for McNair, I still am grateful he brought back the NFL to Houston. Maybe things haven't gone as fast as some would like but I don't think we could ask for a better owner. That's probably the best thing about the Oilers leaving, we don't have to deal with bud anymore! McNair has faaaaaaaar more class than ole bud could ever dream of having, and I believe he has more common sense too. I personally like the way he is building the team and think he has the right Coach and GM for the job. Has everything gone perfectly? No! But that's just part of learning and growing like he said. I do believe he, the team and the fans will be rewarded with a championship in the near future. JMHO! :texflag:

8. midgetonadonkey

midgetonadonkey Rookie

I think McNair is a great owner and he will be a winner sooner rather than later. I honestly do think the Texans right now are a better organization than the Oilers ever were. It's good to be a fan of a team with such great ownership. Now if only he would buy the Astros.

threetoedpete likes this.

9. IDEXAN

IDEXAN Hall of Fame

On the 2010 season: "We've got to start out without digging ourselves into a hole -- [play] good football the first half of the year and not wait until the second half. A little luck and we are in the playoffs. If Indianapolis plays its starters the whole game against the Jets, they win and we were in the playoffs instead of the Jets. Breaks and luck. You need a little. But what you want to do is put yourself in a place where luck runs over you. I'm optimistic. This could be the year for us. I do what I've always done -- hope for the best and prepare for the worst.''
    (from the link)
    Mr McNair, we had a chance to take care of the Jets in our season-opener in
    Reliant instead of needing help from another team, and who didn't have his team ready for that game ?
    And who had a record in his own division last year of 1-5 ?

WWJD likes this.
  10. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

McNair doesn't let petulant little facts get in the way of great lip service.

McNair likes Kubes, McNair likes K.Brown, They get to keep they're jobs regardless of their performance.

With the $ McNair is making why wouldn't they get to keep their jobs.

11. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

He did mention that we've had to overcome some adversity and the point of the article was to talk about how we've had alot of new things (OCs, and DCs and HC) over the last few years and the only way to make this thing work is to give everyone their chance to prove themselves.

12. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

Why did they have to overcome this adversity?

Having rookies at key positions in the organization was McNair's choice.

Why did he choose to bring this adversity on himself and the organization. Hiring rookies basically says the organization is willing to go through a 4/5 yr learning curve.

This is why teams usually hire vets like Parcells or Holmgren to run their organization. Proven winners that know how to set up and run an organization.

After 4 yrs we still dont know if Smithiak can build a championship organization. Cleveland knows that within 5 yrs they will have a winning organization.

McNair took/is still taking a huge risk on the Smithiak regime. If they fall on their face this year and with this years schedule it's possible this could happen, where does McNair turn then?

13. Ole Miss Texan

Ole Miss Texan Hall of Fame

I like the way McNair is running this organization. He's said from the start he knew that while this is a footall organization it basically boils down to that this is an entertainment company. Obviously winning is a huge part building and sustaining a fanbase, but he looked at it like any other entertainment company and focused on the fans. If the fans don't have a good time, they're not going to come back. This includes hiring the Disney people to come in and train all the service staff, making the corridors in Reliant wider than required to ease walking traffic, and hiring extra police personnel outside of stadium grounds to help with traffic flow leaving the stadium. He says if your stuck in your car for an hour and a half or more like at other stadiums, the fan's last impression of the experience was negative and their not going to want to come back- it leaves a bad taste in your mouth. There's a lot that goes on behind the scenes that makes me love how the Texans are run. Going the extra mile to do it the right way. Now all's we's needs is to get ourselves a perrenial playoff team and we'll be set. :fingergun:

14. Porky

Porky Hall of Fame

I liked the guy who wrote the comment at the end -

I'm 63 and my family has been part of the NFL for the last 55 years, including yuears my dad was elected into the NFL Hall of Fame. Never do I remember reading quotes spoken by an NFL owner that were as intelligent, aware and involved as those spoken by Mr. McNair. Houston--you are one lucky city and I wish you and your team the best of luck. You have finally risen above any residual effects left by that slimy, loud mouth, egotistical, obnoxious, stupid, disloyal scumbag owner you had previously:
    Bud Ass. Tard. Adams

:bravo:

15. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

All of this stuff is nice and everything but I would trade all of it in for a playoff team/SB winner.

It's pathetic that after 8 yrs we are still judged by the fan experience rather than the product/results on the field. IMHO

CloakNNNdagger likes this.
  16. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

If you hadn't given the age I would've wondered if this was Bruce Matthews. Ha Ha Ha

17. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

You really are bitter aren't you? Like McNair has set a precedent by involving family members. :rolleyes:

18. alphajoker

alphajoker Hall of Fame

If I ran a business and my son was a part of it, I would keep him involved as well. Somebody has to take over one day, why not let it be a family member? Or was that sarcasm?

19. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

No, he just asked for insight on Cal and his qualifications for his position in the organization. I gave my opinion. I'm certianly not bitter and could careless who Bob gets to run the organization.

I just want to see the results/wins.

Nepotism runs deep in the NFL. Jones/Wilf/York/Mara etc...

If the tax structure is set up right a NFL team can be passed down from generation to generation.

I'm interested to see when Jerry turns the Cowboys over to Stephen.

Or to whom the McCaskey's leave the Bears.

20. HuttoKarl

HuttoKarl Hall of Fame

"We'll pick up a running back or two in the draft to solidify our running game."

I pray it's two...maybe Ryan Mathews and Lonyae Miller late???? Blount????