McNair: "Kubiak is doing a fine job."

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by J_R, Nov 8, 2010.

1. J_R

J_R Hall of Fame

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/7285574.html

2. wagonhed

wagonhed Team Gruden

The HC will never be the one dropping passes and missing tackles. I guess that means the HC should be hired for life.

3. TexansFanatic

TexansFanatic Extremist

McNair is quite the politician. Now is not the time to inject uncertainty.

If Kubiak loses five or more out of the next 8, he's gone.

4. Texecutioner

Texecutioner Hall of Fame

Maybe we can find another group businessmen that can put a package together for another Houston team. Bob says F you fans, I'm making money!! Lol!!

Ah man, this is starting to feel like you're just busting your head against a wall over and over.

5. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

It's a concern. On all three fronts.

Look, I realize Kubiak's not going to be fired mid-season. But don't spew that loser crapola, Bob. There's nothing good about being .500. .500 sucks and it will always suck.

6. SheTexan

SheTexan Site Contributor

I guess having tons of money makes ya a little delusional!!

7. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

#1) There was less than zero chance that McNair would fire Kubiak at 4-4
    #2) Given #1, why would McNair undermine Kubiak's confidence?

8. drewmar74

drewmar74 disgruntled

Yeah. Pretty much.

None of what McNair said made me raise an eyebrow at all.

9. NitroGSXR

NitroGSXR Super Sic #58

I wish a bank would lend me 1.1 billion tomorrow. I have no problem firing inepitude no matter how much of a buddy they are.

10. stingray

stingray Hall of Fame

Ok... fine. He ain't getting one cent from me until he fires this bum. I am not going to a single game and I will not buy any more merchandise. I hope more people will do the same. Because one person won't make a difference but thousands will. Hitting his pocket book is the only way to get his attention.

11. b0ng

b0ng Ooops

Is that the dreaded "vote of confidence"?

thunderkyss likes this.
  12. TexansFight

TexansFight All Pro

Well that ****ing seals it for me. McNair just told the fans he does not give a damn about winning. Kubiak and Smith are the luckiest SOBs in the NFL. They get to operate in a bubble without a shred of urgency and achieve mediocre results that teams committed to WINNING wouldn't stand for.

How the hell did Bob McNair become a billionaire in the first place with his devotion to mediocrity. Seriously, this guy could not have been this passive and devoid of passion or energy in making his fortune. From what I know, he is a self made man and not an heir to a fortune.

Is Bob McNair ****ing stupid, cheap, content or the ultimate con artist. I haven't decided yet. I hate Bud Adams with a passion for stealing Houston's REAL NFL TEAM the Houston Oilers from us. That being said, Bottom Line Bud was a MUCH BETTER owner than this clown McNair.

We will NEVER WIN with this owner. We might get lucky and make the playoffs every decade but we will never be a consistent winner in this league with this ***** running the team.

It makes me question my financial devotion to a team that I have spent tens of thousands of dollars on in PSLs and a large chunk of my time during the fall. **** McNair and his bullshit franchise. Stop sending me emails trying to buy merchandise when your team is a complete failure.

13. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

Exactly! What could be the possible gain if McNair were to come out and proclaim that heads were going to roll?

14. thegr8fan

thegr8fan All Pro

Prior to today Jerrah Jones was perfectly happy with Wade Phillips. He said so several times, there would be no point in changing things and it wouldn't be helpfull.

Then today..............well, Wade is looking for a new place to work.

What would anyone expect McNair to say, really? Of course his going to talk the talk. Especially with his new 2 yr contract extension he just game Kubiak.

You don't really expect an owner to admit the HE made a mistake with that extension, do you? well do you?

15. Hookem Horns

Hookem Horns That Server Guy Staff Member

[​IMG]

No

Cjeremy635 and Dan B. like this.
  16. Mr. White

Mr. White H-Town Beatdown

I'm not sure, but I know Bob doesn't say anything negative during the season.

He swore up and down in 06 that David Carr was here to stay and we all know how that worked out.

He never said an unkind word about Casserly and I'm pretty sure he never called out Capers either.

I don't even need to read the article. I know what he says midseason doesn't mean shit.

Hervoyel and drewmar74 like this.
  17. Texecutioner

Texecutioner Hall of Fame

It might tell us angry fans that he is committed to winning when we've been devoted to this team for 9 years now and 5 years into this regime and we haven't seen an ounce of success from it. When you're team is doing this in year 5 of a failed regime and you say that you're coach is doing great, that's a slap in the face to me. It comes off arrogant as if Bob thinks the Houston fans will support any product he throws out there.

18. OzzO

OzzO .. and then?

<shivers> now that's just crazy talk there. Please don't bring back jabba the toupe.

19. b0ng

b0ng Ooops

Owner says that he's fine with the team while they are doing badly. Fans get angry on message boards. Film at 11.

You're wanting Bob to say things that almost every owner in the league (Including the ever hated Jerruh) wouldn't say mid season. It's not Bobs job to undermine the coach while he's in the middle of a season, it's his job to hold that coach's feet to the fire when the time is appropriate to not disrupt the operations of the team. If the team is .500, nobody is going to get fired in week 9 or week 10. I'll pay a lot more attention to what Bob says when he actually says things that will happen with the organization. So far, he really has yet to do that. Capers, Carr, Casserly, all those guys were pretty much talked up by Bob until he axed them.

Cjeremy635 likes this.
  20. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

Well, the theory was that the players love Kubiak and played their collective ass off for his job the last 4 games of 09. If true, tell the players it's win or Gary's head goes on the chopping block. If they really love Kubiak, maybe they'll play for his job again? What is there to lose?