Maybe we should take Bush

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by bckey, Mar 15, 2006.

1. bckey

bckey Hall of Fame

If Kubiak drafts anything like the Broncos did when he was there then our safest pick would be to stand pat and take Bush. Take a look at the first 2 rounds of all the drafts from 2000 on. It isn't terrible but it is enough to cause one to worry a little.

1-none
    2-56 Darrent Williams Broncos DB Oklahoma State

1-17 D.J. Williams Broncos LB Miami (FL)
    2-54 Darius Watts Broncos WR Marshall

1-20 George Foster Broncos T Georgia
    2-51 Terry Pierce Broncos LB Kansas State (now a Texan)

1-19 Ashley Lelie Broncos WR Hawaii
    2-51 Clinton Portis Broncos RB Miami (FL) (stud)

1-24 Willie Middlebrooks Broncos DB Minnesota
    2-51 Paul Toviessi Broncos DE Marshall

1-15 Deltha O'Neal Broncos DB California
    2-40 Ian Gold Broncos DB Michigan
    3-45 Kenoy Kennedy Broncos DB Arkansas

2. 66cobra

66cobra Veteran

Terry Pierce??? I didn't know we got him. Was he waived or what? I really don't know that much about him so is he any good?

3. Porky

Porky Hall of Fame

And you are saying these are bad drafts? Considering that NO team bats 1000, and that the Broncos draft in the lower end of each round as a general rule, I would gave this an overall B+ to A-. I'm not sure what you are trying to insuinate, but this is a reach. Besides that, do you really think Kubiak ran their drafts or something? I'm clueless here. Someone help me. :hmmm:

4. Meloy

Meloy Hall of Fame

Maybe you could also list better players that he bypassed and that did better than the Denver pick. That seems only fair.

5. bckey

bckey Hall of Fame

I didn't say they were bad drafts but I think you are over rating them with a B+ or A- Porky. Try not to over react with your replies Porky. This is a forum for diverse opinions. I am saying Bush at #1 is the safest pick rather than trading down too far where we end up with a bigger chance at a bust. I do think the Broncos could have drafted better than they have over this time period.

6. Bronco Texan

Bronco Texan Veteran

Being a huge Bronco fan i will help you guys rate these players alittle better.

7. MorKnolle

MorKnolle Hall of Fame

NFL Europe at the moment. I think they signed him to the practice squad at the end of last season.

8. kbourda

kbourda Hall of Fame

Statistically speaking of course, the safest 1st round pick is OL. I can't remember what site I went to that had draft stats for the past 10 years of the draft. It was very interesting to say the least.

9. Maddict5

Maddict5 Hall of Fame

ok a few things- why dont you tell us who this years busts will be and we wont pick them. ok? this is a pretty impressive draft list-bar 2001 so that point isnt that strong. im sure shanahan made the final decisions anyway- and do you remember that kubiak was an OFFENSIVE CO-ORDINATOR so probably only had input on the offensive players taken in denver,which bar (edit: and clarett of course who isnt mentioned) and watts-who still is their slot receiver, cant be considered a bust making that list all the more impressive:yahoo: