Maurice Clarette In Two Words...

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by JfromthaTray, Apr 25, 2005.

1. JfromthaTray

JfromthaTray Veteran

Lawrence Phillips. I think Clarette will go down in history just like Lawrence Phillips. I believe he will explode at the first sign of adversity and end up in some kind of trouble. Its just a matter of time. They say it takes 3 years to grade draft picks, if Clarette is still in the NFL, I'll be the first to apologize, and I'll buy a Clarette jersey and wear it to a Texans game.

2. WildBlackBear32

WildBlackBear32 All Pro

Phillips was a top 5 pcik. Clarett didnt go in the top 100. There arent any similarities between them really.

3. TexansTrueFan

TexansTrueFan Hall of Fame

well Denver makes every RB look good, so i'm sure we wont hear the end of how "good he is" i wouldnt of traded matt stevens for him.

4. Youngstown Colt

Youngstown Colt All Pro

People still want this kid to fail. He's honestly not that bad of a kid, but you don't have to believe me. Just watch him work hard and succeed and in the back of your mind hope he tears his ACL. That's the kind of vibe I get when people talk about him, even in his hometown of youngstown.

5. JfromthaTray

JfromthaTray Veteran

u r right about that, denver could make me look good.

6. JfromthaTray

JfromthaTray Veteran

He brought all of it upon himself, suing the NFL, trying to blackball OSU, then he quit at the combine. What are we supposed to think of him? His actions indicate that he's in it for the paycheck. And Yeah, I've seen the interviews where he says all the right things and in the hood we call that the "Gift of Gab". Clarette is from the Hood.

7. TexansTrueFan

TexansTrueFan Hall of Fame

haha yeah, ur right about that.

8. YodAa

YodAa All Pro

Denver is so lucky how they make any running back look good then they trade them and get better from trading players of a system to actually good players. I.E. Portis-Bailey

9. DRIFTAWAY

DRIFTAWAY All Pro

I really hope that he does do well. I feel for the kid somewhat. All that nation-wide bashing, and barely an adult too. Is it his fault he wanted to play football at the same age he could go fight in a war? Is it his fault he was old enough to die in war, but not to play football? I think his slow combine team was a result of him being out of football. If he would have stayed in and put up another freshman type season but still ran that time at the combine, he would have still been considered good in your hands. The kid just wanted to play football, and I really think that not being able created the character problems. Shanahan will shape him up good.

10. Youngstown Colt

Youngstown Colt All Pro

What exactly do you know about youngstown? That's a social generalization that you really know nothing about unless you're from where he's from.

I've seen the kid at the gyms working his tail off ever since he was denied entrance to the nfl. Don't you think nationwide embarassment will inspire him to prove people wrong?

High school player of the year, NCAA freshman of the year, and soon to be an impact player in the NFL.

11. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

It's sad that you've already forgotten just how bad Matt Stevens was. I'd trade Matt Stevens for Clarrett in a heartbeat. I'd trade him for the two month old package of Pop tarts in Maurice Clarrett's mom's pantry.

12. texasguy346

texasguy346 Mod Squad

That's funny stuff. If we got that trade we'd be on the winning end of it.

13. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

Yep, even if the Pop Tarts were broke it would be a steal.

14. TexansNeedRBin05

TexansNeedRBin05 Veteran

I dont know we have to give a 3rd round picks is a pretty hard decision! :woot

15. Yankee_In_TX

Yankee_In_TX Dance Lindsay!

Lots, and it is ghetto :-P

As for him, he better learn self control YESTERDAY.

When he was a Buckeye, if he was making the play, he was a "leader."

The second he came out, dropped a ball, etc- on the sideline cussing up a storm, taking 2 coaches to calm his pansy little butt down.

16. WWJD

WWJD Hall of Fame

Well I wish him well. He's young and sometimes young men or woman make immature decisions without thinking about the consequences. He deserves a second chance. And he has the opportunity to be an NFL player which is what he wanted so we'll see what he does with the opportunity.

17. JfromthaTray

JfromthaTray Veteran

WildBlack, do you remember Lawrence Phillips, I'm NOT taking about comparing their draft status

18. Davis37

Davis37 All Pro

As long as Denver can keep him in check, he will look good. Hell, Denver could make my grandpa look good in the backfield.

19. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

Last season I got 1600 yards behind Denver's offensive line and most of the time I wasn't even trying. Hey, I had a hundred yard game on the way to my fridge while watching the Texans/Packers game. Those guys are literally that good. Rent them for your next party, you won't regret it.

20. JfromthaTray

JfromthaTray Veteran

I thought we should have made a run at Dan Neil since we are trying this zone blocking thing. Maybe his injuries were too much, but coming from Denver, the masters of the zone blocking scheme, he probably could have taught the O- Line coaching staff a thing or 2.