Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by gary, Jan 18, 2010.
That is what would happen if Indy wins.
I thought Roethlisberger was the 1st alternate?
he would be the backup or something? If so, that's a good enough reason to cheer for Indy this weekend.
I think so.
i can't cheer for indy.....
I'm a Peyton hater!
Schaub is alternate #2, two QB's would have to drop out if he's going to get invited.
Roethlisberger is alternate #1, first call.
Well, I got all gaga for nothing.
There's probably a decent chance Brady skips out due to injury(s), and just the fact that it seems like it doesn't take much these days for players (especially QBs) to not want to play in this thing. Don't know whether the game being in Miami makes that more or less an issue.
It would be big Matt if he were to play and play well.
Better them than the Jets.
can they both lose? LOL
So Schaub needs to hope he gets in the same way Vince Young got in a few years ago by having several people decide they are not going.
Obsi my man, I have to disagree. It is way better to cheer for the Jets, and here's my top 10 reasons why:
1. They are not the Colts.
2. They are not the Turdans.
3. Like the Texans, they are overshadowed by another instate team (in their situation, intown team).
4. Rex Ryan is what we all secretly wish Gary Kubiak would be - ballsy and straight to the point. He plays smash mouth football, isn't afraid to take a chance when needed, and would probably fight any of his players on the 50 yard line if needed.
5. They are not our inbred relative team, the Broncos.
6. They don't own us like Forehead and the Colts do.
7. Vince Young doesn't play for them.
8. After that first game, Bart Scott called the Texans a finesse team, thus starting the change in attitude of our defense to what it was at the end of the season.
9. I want to see the Jets D against either the Saints or the Vikes offense.
10. They are not the cowgirls.
I'm torn between:
1) hoping the jets get knocked off for not deserving to be there in the first place and
2) hoping the colts get knocked off for laying down like dogs and allowing the jets in
Just asking, how are the Jets not deserving? Because Indy and Cincy both rested guys after they had playoff spots clinched? Houston would have backed in if they would have made it. So I cannot agree with the Jets not deserving to be there. They played to win, so they deserve it as much as any team did.
Now you can say you are pi$$ed because Indy took a night off, but don't blame them for that, I think resting when you still had a perfect season to play for was more a pi$$er than losing to the Jets. As a fan, I would have loved to see perfection, even if it was Indy. "laying" down is their option, they deserved to do it !
I realize most players want to play in the PB because of the honor and all that but doesn't Matt have a bum shoulder?
eh...I wouldn't want to risk further injury in a game that doesn't mean anything in the long run. Unless he can't injure himself worse by playing. I got pics in my head of Sam Bradford coming in and getting driven into the turf and that was all she wrote....
I totally get him playing in the Texans games. But the Pro Bowl?
Ok, I don't think I mentioned anything about Houston deserving to be in the playoffs. As far as the Jets, yeah they played to win that's what they're supposed to do and so are ALL other teams.
I disagree.. you play to win the division first, then if lucky enough to secure home field, you have the right to rest guys.. that's the benefit of being a good team. Now I am as a fan more upset they laid down when they still had a perfect season to play for. As for Cincinnati, they were not going to go any higher in the seedings, so I can get their point as well.. they won their division, so they could do what they thought best for the team.
Teams tank games at the end of the season as well to get a higher draft slot, so it is the exact same scenario. You cannot punish a team for playing well all season and when they have things locked up, well then so be it.. they earned that right. NY deserved to be there plain and simple. Now let's see them beat Indy at full strength..If they can do that, then winning Sunday will mean a lot more.
There's just no chance in hell i will ever stoop to pulling for Indy. Matt could still get in by some other chance anyway.
Separate names with a comma.