Matt Schaub getting challenged on 610am

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Kimmy, Sep 19, 2011.

1. Kimmy

Kimmy RealGirls LvFB!

Matt did his weekly Monday morning call in show on 610 am, and, the callers were really giving it to him about connecting, etc.

Matt was pretty cocky in his responses and then we got a lesson on how to call in off the break.

Sometimes I hate that 610 is the "Team can do no wrong" flagship station.

No podcast is up yet, maybe someone can post as soon as it does?

2. nero THE zero

nero THE zero Hall of Fame

I heard it.

Those two callers were idiots. They deserved the caustic response they got.

Schaub played a good game yesterday. Not only was he mistake free, his offensive line did him absolutely no favors. There's really no basis for calling in and asking him if something is "wrong" with him or why his passes are "late."

3. False Start

False Start On # 69

I heard that too, the callers were making good points. Schaub acted like they had no idea what they were talking about. Then Lopez, and Vandermeer gave that lame ass lecture about not being a prick, the callers couldn't have been any more polite in the way they asked the questions, that was pretty lame.

4. Kimmy

Kimmy RealGirls LvFB!

The callers were borderline homers, but the points they were trying to get across were valid.

It's just on 610, they can do no wrong, except for Josh .. who gets on my nerves, too lol

5. Section516

Section516 Warrior

610 - The cesspool of radio. Scaub was 21 of 29. For 207. 7.9 YPA. 2 TD. no Int. Hit a double covered AJ in the only spot he could, right through AJs hand. Hit Casey for 28 yards that was called back by Winston's hold. Got sacked 3 times, pressured more. He played a GOOD, SOLID game. Not great.

We rushed 38 times.

Played the game as the offense was called. Made plays when needed, the other ten people didn't execute.

Double Barrel likes this.
  6. nero THE zero

nero THE zero Hall of Fame

I'm no 610 apologist by any means, but come on, those calls are terribly awkward. They let the first guy go on for too long IMO.

You have a player who played a good game - no turnovers, a couple of TD passes (and one more that should have been) - and you have a caller asking him if something is "wrong" with him. WTF. That's just awkward.

The second guy didn't really have a point. So, I think that's why he got cut-off early.

Like I said, if you wanna call up after the Ravens' game last year and critique Schaub's interception, go for it. But there was really no grounds for it after his performance yesterday.

7. Kimmy

Kimmy RealGirls LvFB!

True, the callers were not screened enough. My point was more the "caller etiquette' comments that came after form Lopez.

It was a lot like last year during the Kubiak show in the midst of the losing streak. Rich Lord "educated" the callers ahead of time. Basically saying if you were gonna call in and b!tch, you'd be cut off

8. Cjeremy635

Cjeremy635 Overtraining

I caught part of it and I thought some of the calls were dumb.

"Why are we not opening up the offense and throwing for 800 yards a game in a shootout?" Seriously? Why would you want to? They brought up the Washington game last year as an example. We HAD to throw the ball that much because we were behind. It makes no sense to do that if the game doesn't warrant that type of play calling. We were ahead and able to pound the ball to eat up the clock. It may not be pretty, but it wins games. Last year, you guys would have been happy with a game like that. The "W" is all that matters to me and that's all that matters as the season goes on and you're trying to lock up a playoff spot. I'll take that type of game every week if it ends in a win.

9. DX-TEX

DX-TEX Hall of Fame

Fantasy Football is killing this game.

Sorry, but it IS true.

10. Señor Stan

Señor Stan El Guapo

That and Madden...there are some seriously unrealistic expectations out there.

Texaninlild, buddyboy and Marcus like this.
  11. euro-Texan

euro-Texan All Pro

repped!

12. disaacks3

disaacks3 Site Contributor

Me too, while those two callers came across more than a little awkwardly, the 610 "lesson" that came later was hogwash.

Lopez -"We ask the tough questions!" - B.S. Tell yourself what you need to John, but you guys ask nothing but softballs and you ought to be aware of it.

13. Pantherstang84

Pantherstang84 @rolisrgti06

repped again.

14. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

Matt Schaub leads the league, let me repeat that LEADS THE LEAGUE, in completion percentage right now. Bitching about his accuracy is more than a little stupid at this point.

Texaninlild likes this.
  15. GP

GP Go Texans!

Well, we'll never get to a point where fans and players (or coaches, for that matter) can talk openly and honestly about the details that fans want to know about. Schaub did pretty freaking well, IMO, so he was justified in his "WTH?" attitude.

Maybe when a guy is retired you'll get some information out of him. But as a current player (or coach) those guys are not going to reveal anything nor be as honest about things as fans want from them.

At the end of the day, (1) Players and coaches cannot divulge information to fans, and (2) Players and coaches are involved in ENTERTAINMENT...and you call in and critique their "performance" on the stage, then you're going to get flamed for it.

All this adds up to what I think is a fruitless effort to listen or follow these types of "Call-in" shows with players/coaches. No point in it. Waste of time.

16. BigBull17

BigBull17 Hall of Fame

He is not the perfect QB, but god dammit I remember the guy before him. And Sage. Schaub is not a weakness of this team, but a strength. I'll ***** about a nose tackle before I ***** about Matt. Also, how do these people know what his reads are? I hate the psudo intellectual fan that says he's late or whatever, cause you don't know the exact play he is running. What you see may not be it.

17. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

I agree completely.

I guess some people just need something to ***** about because...well...they are bitches. :overreact:

18. JamesBill

JamesBill Veteran

Schaub acted OK. One time he got me made was a few years ago a similar situation went down during a 4 game losing streak and he actually said the phrase "fair weather fan". The TEXANS have never had fair weather.

19. ThaShark316

ThaShark316 #28

Time to make a new sig. Thanks to this dumb **** of a fan base, I'll always have material.:ahhaha::hurrah:

20. TEXANRED

TEXANRED Texan-American

He will need to do better if we expect to beat N.O.

Schaub is just an average QB. Nothing more.

If this team is going to get over the hump it will be using the legs of Tate and Foster not the arm of Schaub.