Matt Schaub 2007 expectations

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by alphajoker, Mar 25, 2007.

1. alphajoker

alphajoker Hall of Fame

Ok, now that we have our QB of the future, what kind of season do you expect from him? I would like to see at least 20 TD passes from our new QB and of course, more wins.

2. Houston_Fanatic

Houston_Fanatic Veteran

I expect him to struggle a bit out of the gate, then the team starts to "gel" and we start winning. I expect him to be capable of orchestrating a two-minute drill, never give up and pull off some come-from-behind wins.

If he manages to pull off the confidence he shows off the field, on the field, we are all going to be amazed at the results. The rest of the team will feed off his energy and confidence and we will look like a real NFL team for once.

3. bulldogmaniac

bulldogmaniac Waterboy

He will pass for more touchdowns than Vick will this year.

4. whiskeyrbl

whiskeyrbl Guest

I think alot will be determined by our RB's ability to gain yards. If we can chop 6-16 yards here and there like Dayne was doin at the end of last year. Hold on to your arse, for some fireworks. If Schaub can read D's, find recievers, and is as accurate as publicized it will be fun to watch.

5. NFLforher

NFLforher All Pro

I'd like to see him be given the time to stand up and make the throws.

6. NFLforher

NFLforher All Pro

I think you're right. :stirpot:

7. fshaw

fshaw Rookie

I want to see him step up and make a big play in the 4th quarter, with the game on the line. That is something Carr did not do last season. There were at least 2 games last season where we needed a late drive to hold a lead and had to give the game back to a worn down defense, because we could'nt make a big play when we needed to.

8. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

hopefully our coach will let them play a little longer in the preseason, than is customary for the starters. We need the extra reps together.

Either way, I think we'll take a "Philip Rivers" aproach at least the first two, maybe three weeks. Make sure the game isn't to fast for him, by leaning on the running game heavely... Just like with David, there will be plays drawn up for him to make something happen. if he passes the test, we'll see the 25 points per game that Kubiak's offense is designed to produce.

He's not going to be flashy, or put up gaudy Peyton Manning stats, but he's going to put enough pressure on opposing defenses that they have to worry about the passing game, on more than 2 snaps a game.

9. Pantherstang84

Pantherstang84 @rolisrgti06

That sounds like a pretty good approach to me.

My expectaion for Schaub in 2007?

Help the Offense not hurt it.

10. 281

281 Hall of Fame

I guarantee he's going to have a better season than Carr.

11. Pantherstang84

Pantherstang84 @rolisrgti06

I have no doubt about that.

12. CarolinaTexan

CarolinaTexan Rookie

I think Schaub has a chip on his shoulder, and wants to explode and prove Atlanta they made a big mistake. He will dominate Vick in every category (except rushing) and win more games :). jmo!

13. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

I'll wait to see what the rest of our offense is going to look like until I predict how he'll do. If we're heading into the season with Kevin Walter as our #2 WR, I'm not going to have high expectations because AJ will just draw double coverage again.

14. Ole Miss Texan

Ole Miss Texan Hall of Fame

I think Schaub's attitude and presence is going to do wonders for our whole team. offense and defense. I think our overally team is better than it was last year (wr2 is a ?, but it's hard to tell if we're actually going to miss moulds or we're assuming we are)

schaub is more of a leader than david. I think the players on the team are going to respect him and listen to him. This is very important because then they will PLAY for him. He's going to make the offense work harder. I think the whole attitude of our team is changing and our defense is going to be pissed off everytime they are on the field (not at the offense like last year, but at the other team) They are going to play hard. We have better LB's, the same DL (except weaver's surgery : ( And I hope to address secondary with a starter from the first day of the draft.

The texans have a new attitude and it's a totally different team. they have a year under their built of switching schemes and will be more confident.

I expect schaub to have a good year. If we can go 8-8 I will be very happy. I'd love more but am realistic. If schaub can give us our first non losing season in franchise history, I think Houston is going to worship him. I don't think .500 is too far out of the question.

Attitude is everything and now our Team finally has some.

Malloy likes this.
  15. 281

281 Hall of Fame

i'll just go on a limb and says he throws for 24 TDs, 15 INTs.

16. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

No excuses. Wins are what counts. He has to be a leader on and off the field and chew nails for breakfast. He has to fight off those three defenders in his face within within 1.5 seconds, deal with it like a man, and throw touchdown passes. If receivers drop anything, that's his fault. He's the LEADER. If a player is injured, that's his fault too! If the cheerleaders are unhappy....his fault. Above all else, he has to measure up to comparisons, and....

win more than 2 games. :dontknowa

17. shanden

shanden Rookie

Here are some of the differences I will be looking for with Schaub vs last year.

A much lower three-and-out percentage for drives in a game.

More touchdowns in the red zone (which means seeing less of Kris Brown too).

An actual two minute offense.
    Some fourth quarter drives.

Increased time of possenssion in a game.

5 step, 7 step and shot gun plays. Audibles would be awsome.

Less predictable play calling. Last year was ridiculously easy on opposing defense since the Texans only used about half a dozen plays (it seems).

More recievers thrown to in a game. The ball thrown more then 20 yards to a team mate and spread around the field.

While overall touchdowns to int and passing yards are the easy numbers to look for... these areas above are a true signs of how close we are running Kubiak's offense the way he envisions it.

18. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

Mainly, I need to see more deep passes caught over the shoulder, close to the sideline--like some, or not none. Practically the only time Carr did that seemed about once a year. Seems like all (as if it were a lot) of Carr's deep passes were thrown down the middle and to a sideways running receiver, which is fine, but can he hit them over the shoulder at all?

19. jvaldez1984

jvaldez1984 Rookie

i have a bet going on this stat with my friend who was born and raised in atl.

20. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

Can't wait till we play Atlanta.

Watching Mario & 'Meco taking out their aggression on Ron Mexico...........