Mathis Injury

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by ojthecat, Aug 12, 2005.

1. ojthecat

ojthecat Veteran

Does anyone know the severity of Mathis's hamsting pull?

2. Marcus

Marcus Ruthless pragmatist

It's a day to day thing. But you won't be seeing him play against the Broncos.

3. STEEL BLUE TEXANS

STEEL BLUE TEXANS Hall of Fame

I thought it was a minor groin injury.

4. Dang it, I was looking forward to watching this guy for the 1st time in a Texas uniform.

5. TEXANS84

TEXANS84 Moderator Staff Member

Ditto that. I was looking forward to Palmer calling a straight deep pass play for #13.

6. DoCt3rJ

DoCt3rJ Veteran

I heard he is questionable, hes not officially out for the game. Capers said it depends how fast his groin reacts to his treatment.

7. texasguy346

texasguy346 Mod Squad

I imagine they'll be cautious with Mathis. I, too, was looking forward to seeing him in action, but I think watching Morrency, TJ, Brown, Hodgdon, and Pettway will keep me entertained.

8. aj.

aj. Hall of Fame

He was in obvious pain after it happened Wednesday night. They were running redzone drills and he ran a quick out. The defender gave him a hard shove in the back and he went down. When he went down, he did a high speed rollover on the ground and his legs were flying wildly about his body. I'm pretty sure that's where it happened. I saw the earlier hammy report but it sure looked like groin to me from the treatment he was getting on the field after the play. In fact, I just read the new injury report and it says right groin.

9. rmartin65

rmartin65 I'm Score

they will be cautious with mathis. he's one of the rookies that could have a big impact on the team.

10. Nawzer

Nawzer Alienz

I was pretty dissapointed when I read the Mathis was injured and that he probably won't play this Saturday. He was going to be one of the few players I was going to keep and eye on. But hopefully he heals from this injury because those groin and hammy problems can turn into nagging problems. He's a guy that can do big things for us if he can stay healthy.

11. rmartin65

rmartin65 I'm Score

i think he will bounce back. i have not read anywhere that he has injury problems. he might just sit out for a bit.