Mary Jane Making the Rounds

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by CloakNNNdagger, Apr 9, 2010.

1. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

Even for those that have the most liberal views of this substance, with established Combine rules, stupid is as stupid does. for at least 10 or 11 players who carry first-round draft grade.

2. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

I had a thread about this under What I Like About This Years Draft and I pretty much stated that you aren't hearing about any dudes with these problems but now I can see why. Teams are staying on the hush about it.

3. NitroGSXR

NitroGSXR Super Sic #58

Here I was thinking that my wife was Mary Jane Rottencrotch or something.

*phew*

Disclaimer: Her name is actually Mary Jane.

HOU-TEX and CloakNNNdagger like this.
  4. SheTexan

SheTexan Site Contributor

How dumb can someone be??! Geeezzzzz!! Next there will be a push to legalize MJ in the NFL, for medicinal reasons. Maybe they better keep their eyes open on the Cali franchises, IF Cali legalizes MJ like they want too.

5. Khari

Khari Administrator Staff Member

if this substance has no effect on you how come people can't stop using it when faced with a choice between it and millions of dollars

6. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

:spit: I now have a dot on my shirt from my coffee, Nitro. That caught me way off-guard.

7. eriadoc

eriadoc Texan-American

I'm all for the legalization of marijuana, for a variety of reasons. If you stand to make millions in the NFL if you give it up for a few years, you really are stupid to turn that down.

Of course, I don't see too many of these NFL players seeking Mensa membership.

8. NitroGSXR

NitroGSXR Super Sic #58

If employers don't want you smoking pot then I don't have a problem with that. It's their company. They can establish their own tolerance guidelines, same with some jobs not allowing alcoholics. Just as long as they don't discriminate. A positive test doesn't discriminate too much.

How does the NFL currently treat players with an actual legal medicinal marijuana license?

I do foresee some legal problems in regards to this somewhere down the road. Where is the line sensitively drawn? Going to be interesting learning about this as we go...

I'm rooting for California.

9. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow Work'n da grill

The people have to be completely stupid. To pass a pee test you have to have not smoked in the last maybe 2 weeks as long as you are not a daily user. So these guys can not hold off for 2 weeks when they have probably been told 5 million times when the test is going to happen and it could cost them millions??

10. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

Poor Percy Harvin,

he got popped on a test at the combie last year.

The Vikings spent all of last year trying to fid a drug to combat his migrane headache issues. He had the issues under control. (smoking MJ) But since MJ usage is against the NFL's drug testing policy he had to suffer all of last season. While the medical staff tried to come up with a solution for his headaches.

I never heard of Harvin having a problem with migranes at Fla. He knew how to keep them under control. (MJ)

11. Ole Miss Texan

Ole Miss Texan Hall of Fame

Well my thinking is that if they are legally allowed to use medicinal marijuana, it's because they have a medical condition. I suspect that medical condition has a lot of weight in a team's decision to sign that player. I also suspect a team might want to employ a "healthy" WR vs. a WR with a glaucoma and treating it with pot.

Just sayin'... injuries/diseases/medical issues are a huge factor in a teams' due diligence of whether they want to pay that person millions of dollars. Politics aside, marijuana use for medical reasons means they've got medical issues. No matter what medical issue is and what the treatment is... its a red flag.

12. SheTexan

SheTexan Site Contributor

MJ can be detected in urine within 30 days of usage, daily user or not. Regardless, it's a dumb thing to do if you are serious about a career in the NFL.

13. NitroGSXR

NitroGSXR Super Sic #58

A leg that's been operated on qualifies for medicinal marijuana. That's about half of the NFL right there. What I'm getting at is that it's easier than one thinks to legally be a card carrying marijuana user. I even know somebody who had a bruised back. Whammo. Medicinal license.

Red flags aside, I think the NFL frowns on it as a whole legal or not.

14. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

You sure? If so I'm pissed. After all the surgeries I've had I could've gotten stoned to the bone instead of taking pain killers? Pain killers that made me feel like crap and almost making me crap myself while trying to force my self to pee?

15. NitroGSXR

NitroGSXR Super Sic #58

Pretty sure but I can't state that as a fact. You'll have to take a prequalification test. Google medicinal marijuana qualifications. I hate painkillers myself. Hate 'em.

All women qualify. PMS is a valid reason for licensing in CA and HI.

16. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow Work'n da grill

Incorrect.

With proper clensing methods. Cranberry juice and water you can pass a test in a week. I know from personal experience. Well a friend of mine you know ... :cool:

17. NitroGSXR

NitroGSXR Super Sic #58

I've smoked weed on my way to a drug test. There are "cleansers" on the market. Unless they snag a hair follicle. It can be detected there up to a year but they got shampoos for that as well. If they draw blood... you're effed.

18. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

Aw man, I thought I was the only one. Every time I hear of people taking pain killers just for the high I just think to myself, how the hell can they find enjoyment from that. Maybe it's the way my body reacts to them, I don't know.

IIRC, I was prescribed hydrocodone after the latest "clean out" of my shoulder and it sucked in a major way. I thought it'd be better than how vicodin and codeine made me feel. Boy, was I wrong, I quit after 1 dose and dealt with the pain.

19. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

Just because they test positive, this does not mean that they were smoking weed.

20. NitroGSXR

NitroGSXR Super Sic #58

That's the way to do it. You need to be able to feel pain to recover properly. I've had loads of surgery myself and am currently recoverying from a couple of surgeries.