Marshall Faulk: Belichick, Patriots cheated us out of a Super Bowl

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by Playoffs, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Playoffs

Playoffs Subscribed Contributor

Marshall Faulk: 'I'll never be over being cheated out of Super Bowl'

2. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

Yeah, it sent a message. "Don't worry about what I saw, it's none of your business. Move along, nothing to see here. Family entertainment entirely on the up and up."

3. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Dallas Frog

Another reason I can't stand Goodell. I actually respect what the Pats have done for all of these years but overall that was just straight out cheating. For Goodell to just say "move along" is consistent with his preaching safety while doing the complete opposite regarding more games, etc.

4. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

I'm confused. The Pats were caught filming DEFENSIVE signals. How does that impact Faulk and the offense? :um:

5. Playoffs

Playoffs Subscribed Contributor

I think Faulk is contending they did more than that. I mean, if you're taping the defense you're not going to swing the camera over to the offensive side, too?

The tapes were destroyed, but were those all the tapes? Anything get erased?

6. playa465

playa465 Site Contributor

I'm just guessing, but maybe Faulk is insinuating that there could have been other taping in which the Pats were not caught and admitted to Goodell...and rather than feed the fire, Goodell burned the tapes. The makings of a good movie? :stirpot:

7. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

Yeah, I guess, but without any kind of evidence, he comes off as a little whiny and borders on the Tim Brown / Bill Callahan deep end.

There is nothing illegal about sending scouts to watch the opposing team, and they could have easily picked up on those calls that Faulk is speaking about. They were pretty arrogant about being the "greatest show in turf" back then and thought they were invincible. It would not surprise me if they were less than thorough about checking out whoever was watching those walkthroughs.

I have never heard that the Pats were filming offenses. Not saying it never happened, but at this time, there is absolutely nothing to substantiate the accusations.

8. dream_team

dream_team Hall of Fame

It seems like Faulk was also accusing Bellicheck of taping the Rams' practice & walkthroughs.