Mario's feet? Injured again?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by gtexan02, Jul 27, 2007.

1. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

I heard on CBS last night that he was reporting his feet were a little tender again. Whats the deal with this? Does anyone have any information?

2. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

One more year of Mario being very ordinary because of foot problems and I'm going to personally have to place him on the (rather large) scrap heap of Texans crummy draft picks. I do not want to end up doing that but I refuse to watch another Texans player suck for 5 years before I call it like it is.

I don't want to see this. I don't want to hear this. I don't want to accept this as reality. Mario being a chronic injury added on top of the players we bypassed to take him is too much. I'm officially in denial about this.

3. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

How the hell is that even possible?? They just freakin reported yesterday and today was supposed to be the first practice???

WTF??!!??

4. ObsiWan

ObsiWan Site Contributor

On the ABC (ch 13) pre-training camp show, they were talking about the D-line. They asked Mario how his feet were. He said they're mostly fine but there is still a little bit of soreness in one spot.

That's all. He said he's ready to go.

Don't blow this out of proportion.

If someone has anything in addition to what HE said, please post a link!

5. Immobilarity

Immobilarity Made You Look

Officially in denial mode here.

This is something no one wants to hear.

6. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

I dont think anyone is blowing anything otu of proportion here.

He has yet to do any real football practices, and he already goes and says "my feet are a little tender"

I didn't actually catch the program, but saw at least 3 or 4 people report it on the thread about the CBS newscast

If someone struggles all year long with an injury problem, reports it healed, then reports it sore again, I think thats reason to be concerned :( :(

7. real

real Guest

I watched the show, and I heard what he said...

I have no clue how I should take the fact that he still has soreness in his foot...

On one hand, it's normal to be sore...

On the other hand, his foot should feel great seeing as they haven't even had any real contact...

8. Mr. White

Mr. White H-Town Beatdown

I've been looking and can't find anything. Until I see something in print, I'm not worried.

He's a big dude with big feet and he probably has high arches. He may have soreness in his feet his entire career.

9. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

I guess it could be any number of things:

1) His problem is still there, he just never got over it
    2) This is a chronic reoccuring thing that he will experience after working out/playing
    3) This is a prebuilt in excuse that he can use to justify his poor play
    4) Its just normal foot tenderness, and has nothing to do with plantar fascilitis

10. Pantherstang84

Pantherstang84 @rolisrgti06

What he said. Relax people. Geez.

11. real

real Guest

Cross out option #4 cuz that really makes no sense...

When asked about his foot he said it's mostly fine BUT I STILL have tenderness in one spot....

12. Second Honeymoon

Second Honeymoon Hall of Fame

This guy better work out Kubiak or you better dust off that resume. It's not like there wasn't any other talent available at #1.

Kubiak, pray that Mario's foot gets better or you are toast.

13. Pantherstang84

Pantherstang84 @rolisrgti06

5) A few fans taking a passing remark and blowing it up into thinking the guy is a bust....

14. Mr teX

Mr teX Hall of Fame

Anyone who's ever had plantar Fascitis knows that it's not something that goes completely away, especially if you're active. It's much like a hamstring injury in that once you've pulled it, you're somewhat suseptible to pulling it again.

Also, Mario hasn't been just sitting on his bum all offseason, theres already a thread that is reporting he lost 15 lbs. He's been working out & hopefully working on his craft.

You add to this the fact that he's nearly 300 lbs & .....

If he were talking about his toenails......then i'd have a problem.

15. real

real Guest

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/5004423.html

16. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

17. real

real Guest

I was just backing up what Tex said...

That had no indication towards whether or not Mario is still having problems...

But now that I think about it, I don't think he is...

18. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

Maybe it's still tender in one spot due to the Cortisone shots taken last year. :shades: I believe he had a shot every Sunday.

:d:

19. Vega

Vega Rookie

For what it's worth, here's my experience with Plantar Fasciitis. I had it about a year back and I play soccer pretty regularly. When it hit, I could barely walk. I rested and let it heal (although admittedly not as long as I should have). Now, I'm back to playing as much as I did before, but I can still kind of feel it. It's not painful enough that I even think about it during a game, but when I'm just walking around I know it's there. More importantly, it hasn't gotten any worse since I started playing on it again.

Of course, I play in amateur soccer leagues and weigh just over 1/2 a Mario, so it's not a perfect comparison, but I'm also probably more of a wuss than Mario so if it doesn't affect me, it shouldn't affect him. I wouldn't get too worried about it unless word were to leak that it's getting worse.

quicksilver likes this.
  20. Mr teX

Mr teX Hall of Fame

that's just it, he may have done this at the beginning of training camp or after the 1st, 6th, or 12th game of the season if it didn't happen while he was working out in the offseason. Mines still flares up every now & then when i play basketball.

It's a condition that likely will be with him throughout his career, flaring up at times, laying dormant others.

here's a link about it:http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/fact/thr_report.cfm?Thread_ID=144

on top of that, he just said it was a little soreness........... relax man.