Mario's Combine Tips

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by HOU-TEX, Feb 21, 2008.

1. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

Mario took the time to go through what he did to prepare for the Combine. It's a decent read.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft08/columns/story?columnist=alipour_sam&id=3242617

TD likes this.
  2. Brando

Brando Site Contributor

To read the entire article, Click Here

:cool:

3. Brando

Brando Site Contributor

4. Ole Miss Texan

Ole Miss Texan Hall of Fame

Hahahaha

5. powerfuldragon

powerfuldragon g'mornin to you

two or three days ago, I saw mario williams driving a brand new dark blue corvette z06... all 505 horses that seven liter churns out punched me in the ears. we were on woodway, and i pulled up next to him.... i looked over and didn't believe who the hell i saw...

i wanted some cool hand signal to throw at him, you know chunk him the deuce or something... show him i'm hip, etc. i must've been experiencing the deaf person's version of speechlessness because my fingers didn't respond. i ended up throwing him one of these: \m/ (the ones you see at rock concerts)... but then i realized it was the hook 'em horns thingy too... tactless...

so then i gave him a salute and drove off. he totally acknowledged my existence.

[edit] - So, after browsing wikipeepeea i found an entire article devoted to this hand signal... called the corna ... originated in ancient greece. means the devil.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corna

6. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

From the ESPiN artilcle linked above:

Just how math challenged are the folks up in Bristol? If Mario had 14.5 sacks in his final season ('05), how did he manage just 11 in his final 23 games? Actually, Mario finished his career at NC State with 25.5 sacks, not the 16 ESPiN alloted him.

But as they say, don't let the facts get in the way of a good story.

P.S. That last link of Mario's college sack total is courtesy of [SIZE=-1]Stephanie Stradley (aka Texans Chick) when she blogged for the Chronic. That the Chronic sees fit to credit another blogger for her work is shameless. Yet, typical of their work.
    [/SIZE]

7. austintexanite

austintexanite All Pro

Nice little read there fellas, he has some good tips for linemen.

8. Specnatz

Specnatz Site Contributor

That has pissed me off for over a year now. how the hell can they get away with that Bullshit is beyond belief and reason. Plagiarism is what it is, even if it is a blog. Just another reason to hate the Chronicle as nothing more than fish wrap or moving wrap, other wise worthless.

9. CT CSTM

CT CSTM Rookie

Must have been his Viper Venom,,,he doesn't have a Vette,,,it is loud, it is fast and it is nice,,,double the above horsepower and you're talking about the right car!:elle:

10. TEXANS84

TEXANS84 Moderator Staff Member

Good god, can we please seperate from the Broncos?

11. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

Chill out, that was two years ago before we hired Smith.

12. GlassHalfFull

GlassHalfFull Subscribed Contributor

I ran into him at Petsmart a while back. He was buying dog food for his pitbulls. He was in front of me in line and we had a chat about young dogs and their high energy level. BTW, he is absolutely gorgeous in person. Too bad he is way too young for me. :heart:

13. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

What's up with players and pitbulls??

I see Kubiak quite often, but am always reluctant to confront him with a barrage of questions. One of these days I'm going to tackle him and ask him every question I have. :cool:

14. bah007

bah007 Hall of Fame

What's wrong with pitbulls?

One of my best friends has one & there isnt a nicer dog in the world.

The problem isnt the dogs, its the thugs & morons who own them.

15. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

I never said there was anything wrong with them. "What's up with players and pitbulls?"

In other words, why do so many football players choose pitbulls as a pet?

Let's not try to spin this into anything it's not, please.:elle:

16. bah007

bah007 Hall of Fame

Thats fine. I guess I just took issue with this.

It just looked like you didnt approve of players owning pitbulls.

I'm not trying to get in your head, thats just what it looked like to me.

17. CoastalTexan

CoastalTexan Veteran

Nicest dog on Earth until they eat the neighbor's daughter. I've heard a dog bite is as good as a gunshot in court. The only thing they are good for is hog dogs, and the life expectancy is pretty low for that.

18. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

Let's end the dog discussion here. There are other forums available if you wish to continue this topic.

19. Texans_Chick

Texans_Chick Utopian Dreamer

I wrote about the ESPN guy, but didn't point out the strangeness of the stat paragraph, though I thought about it. In my version of the article, I just pointed out he had fat college stats but that his combine effort put him over the top.

Combine Tips From Mario Williams: Don't Say Mike Shanahan's Questions Are Dumb

I did email the author and asked him about that odd paragraph. I will let you know if I got a response.

As for my old blog posts having someone else's byline on them, I was told by the Chronicle staff that there was no way to fix that. Their blog software is pretty rudimentary, and at some point they are going to have to upgrade all of it because in comparison to their competitors, it is pretty ugly and basic looking.

In small letters at the bottom, it says that entry was posted by me.

The funny thing was that when I first started blogging, I wanted to do it without my name or picture on the byline. They said that they couldn't do that, because they are a newspaper, and a newspaper is all about accuracy and standing behind what you write.

But of course, the irony all my old posts now have someone else's name and picture on them. Good thing I spent so much time putting them together for no pay, and now no credit.

It isn't TH's fault. I can't imagine he is fond of having posts about cute Texans stuff to wear having his name on them.:cool:

20. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

Well, he's very fortunate to have your research under his name. That's all I'm saying.