Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Mario Year 2012 predictions.

heres mine. will finish 2011 with around 8 sacks, will not be resigned by texans. No franchise tag will be applied. Will walk like Julius Peppers and will be starting DE for..............................NY Giants. AND become the highest paid defensive player in the league

Last edited:
if the texans intended on letting him walk just like that, they would be shopping him around right now, and not coddling his ass.

heres mine. will finish 2011 with around 8 sacks, will not be resigned by texans. No franchise tag will be applied. Will walk like Julius Peppers and will be starting DE for..............................NY Giants.

It's funny you mention that because the Giants are a team I was thinking could be trade partners next year.

I think Mario will do well this season. Next offseason, the organization will franchise him and then attempt to work on signing him to a long term deal. If it's going to be extremely difficult to sign him they will seek a trade. But my prediciton is he's on our roster next season after being franchised and a longterm deal is made.

heres mine. will finish 2011 with around 8 sacks, will not be resigned by texans. No franchise tag will be applied. Will walk like Julius Peppers and will be starting DE for..............................NY Giants.

Not sure about NY, but I put the chances at 66% that he will be somewhere else just like Carr was after Kubiak had him a year. At least this time they haven't signed him to an extension.

Last edited:
If we trade with anyone, I don't think it would be the Giants. Lots of talks of how stacked they are at DE.

My dark horse would go to the Lions or the Bucs, but surely the Lions. They seem to be building their D around their line, and Vanden Bosch surely is getting too old to keep it up.

Could you imagine how scary a d-line would be with Williams, Suh, and Fairley, and Vanden Bosch? Ouch

if the texans intended on letting him walk just like that, they would be shopping him around right now, and not coddling his ass.
i think they will let this year play out and realize it didnt pan out the way they thought.

If we trade with anyone, I don't think it would be the Giants. Lots of talks of how stacked they are at DE.

My dark horse would go to the Lions or the Bucs, but surely the Lions. They seem to be building their D around their line, and Vanden Bosch surely is getting too old to keep it up.

Could you imagine how scary a d-line would be with Williams, Suh, and Fairley, and Vanden Bosch? Ouch

i was thinking the lions as well, but with the stafford contract, and suh and johnson they would have to tap out their $$ on mario. not much of a team after that. no rb, no secondary.
TB seems like they would be primed to make a run, but im assuming he would rather stay with the texans than do TB.
& with good reason He's been one of the premier pass rushers in the league for the last 6 years.
hes been one of the top pass rushers, but if he hits the market i see him being the highest paid defensive player in the league. hes not worth that much.
I think Mario knows that Bob will take care of him.
mario will make HUGE money on the market. otherwise he should be getting locked up already

i was thinking the lions as well, but with the stafford contract, and suh and johnson they would have to tap out their $$ on mario. not much of a team after that. no rb, no secondary.
TB seems like they would be primed to make a run, but im assuming he would rather stay with the texans than do TB.

Definitely true. But since they've already got their QB/WR/RB and a decent enough line (Lions fans have been saying there wasn't as much pressure on Stafford as the media made it out to be), I would guess they would want to focus on the D now.

It's a ton of money to tie up into one group, but if you were going to focus all your money in one area of D, why not the part that has the biggest impact on games? They've already shown they want absolutely nothing to do with a talented secondary, and Vanden Bosch won't be too long before he retires. I'd say it would be an all-in move for a massive SB push.

Not sure about NY, but I put the chances at 66% that he will be somewhere else just like Carr was after Kubiak had him a year. At least this time they haven't signed him to an extension.

Also he will have some minor injury that keeps him from playing to 100%.
Wade will have variations that get Mario into his old position basically but he will still be called on OLB to help everyone save face.

Hopefully Mario will stay healthy have a great contract year and the Texans franchise and trade him.

i think they will let this year play out and realize it didnt pan out the way they thought.

if it were up to bob, we would probably still be trotting carr out there. difference between mario and carr is that mario has actually produced. bob can be loyal to a fault and you should know that.

Also he will have some minor injury that keeps him from playing to 100%.
Wade will have variations that get Mario into his old position basically but he will still be called on OLB to help everyone save face.

Lol, silliest thing I've read yet concerning this whole Mario deal...

The only reason they'd be able to "save face" by calling Mario an OLB would be if Mario did well in those "variations that get Mario into his old position... basically"... I think if Mario does well period, whether it be from his old position or wherever, no one (who is reasonable anyway) would care what he is called, why he is called that or who called him that...

Lol, silliest thing I've read yet concerning this whole Mario deal...

The only reason they'd be able to "save face" by calling Mario an OLB would be if Mario did well in those "variations that get Mario into his old position... basically"... I think if Mario does well period, whether it be from his old position or wherever, no one (who is reasonable anyway) would care what he is called, why he is called that or who called him that...

I think what he is saying is that Mario will have his hand down more times than not, but they'll still call it a 3-4 & they'll still call Mario an OLB.

Lions would be freaking disgusting. How the **** would you block their front 4? I'm gonna make that in Madden this year, just for fun.

This how i break it down:

The new scheme with a competent DC alone = 2 sacks
Better talent all around him = 2 sacks
Mario skill set = 5 - 7 sacks

So the way i see it, dude will be anywhere between 9 - 11 sacks.

one word "Playoffs" and I don't mean in that Jim Mora "...P...playoffs? Are you kiddin' me?" kinda way. This is the year the Houston Texans earn some R-E-S-P-E-C-T.

I think what he is saying is that Mario will have his hand down more times than not, but they'll still call it a 3-4 & they'll still call Mario an OLB.

He said pretty clearly that they'll still call him an OLB to save face... I know what "save face" means, and I think it's silly that they'd need to "save face" if Mario does well (no matter the position or how he plays the position)...

The reason I find it "silly" is because the Texans being able to save face would mean that Mario did well, yet for some people that still wouldn't matter because they're too worried about being right about how the experiment will go wrong, not how well he does however he is used....

Here is one to throw out there, If the team as a whole gets 60 sacks, but Mario only has 5 how do you feel about that scenario?

What if the majority of the other teams sacks come when mario is double teamed during his pass rush? (not saying this is the case so far, just throwing it out there), Do you still trade him for his 5 only sacks? What if he ends up with 0 sacks, 25 hurries, and 80 tackles?

My point is alot more will go into Mario's success here than his sack total

Here is one to throw out there, If the team as a whole gets 60 sacks, but Mario only has 5 how do you feel about that scenario?

What if the majority of the other teams sacks come when mario is double teamed during his pass rush? (not saying this is the case so far, just throwing it out there), Do you still trade him for his 5 only sacks? What if he ends up with 0 sacks, 25 hurries, and 80 tackles?

My point is alot more will go into Mario's success here than his sack total

Do we make the playoffs?
If yes, I don't care.
If no, then I don't care if the defense gets 70 sacks and Mario breaks Strahan's record of 22 in the process.

for me....
IT.
AIN'T.
ABOUT.
MARIO.

It's about us getting to the playoffs and, with some luck and consistent play, the Super Bowl.

Mario has a notoriously long learning curve and typically appears and disappears from one game to the next.

Remember his second year in the league, 2007, when he registered 14 sacks.

Ten of those sacks came in the second half of the season.

Three and a half sacks were tallied during a Monday Night game in the 14th game of the season.

I think Mario will do fine this year. He'll get 11 sacks and around 50 tackles.

I continue to see Texans in the driver's seat concerning Mario. I can see no scenario that Texans can lose unless they re-sign him at way too much. Go go, Mario, go!

I see Reed making the most out of the few opportunities he gets, Mario continuing to sputter, more and more of the Mario jock riders joining the dark side as the year goes along, message boards and sports talk radios being flooded with Mario needs to move back to DE or traded talk, Smith getting injured, Mario moving back to DE, the defense develop into a QB pressuring machine and finally................. the Texans winning the Super Bowl. :barman:

45 tackles, 7 sacks, 2 FF, 2 INT, 1 TD on fumble rec :D

I think he stays with the Texans regardless of how well he performs, just like Kubiak.

Do we make the playoffs?
If yes, I don't care.
If no, then I don't care if the defense gets 70 sacks and Mario breaks Strahan's record of 22 in the process.

for me....
IT.
AIN'T.
ABOUT.
MARIO.

It's about us getting to the playoffs and, with some luck and consistent play, the Super Bowl.

Atleast this is what it should be about.

Unfortunately these are BoBBy's Texans we're talking about.

My Mario predictions, 4-6 sacks, a very disappointing year that he and his agent blame on the new defense and position change. The Texans will franchise him and try very hard to trade him.

My Mario predictions, 4-6 sacks, a very disappointing year that he and his agent blame on the new defense and position change. The Texans will franchise him and try very hard to trade him.

They wouldn't have to try hard to trade, MW would be easy to trade if they wanted to do that. I think MW has 10-14 sacks this year. I think Wade is smart enough to put him into a position to succeed.

They wouldn't have to try hard to trade, MW would be easy to trade if they wanted to do that. I think MW has 10-14 sacks this year. I think Wade is smart enough to put him into a position to succeed.

This.

Wade is a actual DC. I know we haven't had one in a while so we don't really know how they operate but I doubt he's going to put Mario in a position to fail over and over again.

10.5 sacks, 1 int., & 18 forced fumbles, LOL.

By the end of the year, at least a couple of QBs will have seen him coming and just dropped the ball and ran... :bender:

Back