Mario Year 2012 predictions.

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by thetexanator, Aug 24, 2011.

1. thetexanator

thetexanator All Pro

heres mine. will finish 2011 with around 8 sacks, will not be resigned by texans. No franchise tag will be applied. Will walk like Julius Peppers and will be starting DE for..............................NY Giants. AND become the highest paid defensive player in the league

Last edited: Aug 24, 2011
  2. Trap_Star

Trap_Star SiteContributor

if the texans intended on letting him walk just like that, they would be shopping him around right now, and not coddling his ass.

3. Ole Miss Texan

Ole Miss Texan Hall of Fame

It's funny you mention that because the Giants are a team I was thinking could be trade partners next year.

I think Mario will do well this season. Next offseason, the organization will franchise him and then attempt to work on signing him to a long term deal. If it's going to be extremely difficult to sign him they will seek a trade. But my prediciton is he's on our roster next season after being franchised and a longterm deal is made.

4. Trap_Star

bob won't let him be anything but a texan.

5. gafftop

gafftop Hall of Fame

Not sure about NY, but I put the chances at 66% that he will be somewhere else just like Carr was after Kubiak had him a year. At least this time they haven't signed him to an extension.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2011
  6. chicagotexan2

chicagotexan2 IDBLDogDareU

I think he has 8-10 sacks and the team franchises him and he gets shipped.

7. TheCD

TheCD All Pro

If we trade with anyone, I don't think it would be the Giants. Lots of talks of how stacked they are at DE.

My dark horse would go to the Lions or the Bucs, but surely the Lions. They seem to be building their D around their line, and Vanden Bosch surely is getting too old to keep it up.

Could you imagine how scary a d-line would be with Williams, Suh, and Fairley, and Vanden Bosch? Ouch

8. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

& with good reason He's been one of the premier pass rushers in the league for the last 6 years.

I think Mario knows that Bob will take care of him.

9. thetexanator

thetexanator All Pro

i think they will let this year play out and realize it didnt pan out the way they thought.

i was thinking the lions as well, but with the stafford contract, and suh and johnson they would have to tap out their $$ on mario. not much of a team after that. no rb, no secondary.
    TB seems like they would be primed to make a run, but im assuming he would rather stay with the texans than do TB.
    mario will make HUGE money on the market. otherwise he should be getting locked up already

10. Ryan

Ryan THIS YEAR

Edit: oops, wrong thread :kubepalm:

11. TheCD

TheCD All Pro

Definitely true. But since they've already got their QB/WR/RB and a decent enough line (Lions fans have been saying there wasn't as much pressure on Stafford as the media made it out to be), I would guess they would want to focus on the D now.

It's a ton of money to tie up into one group, but if you were going to focus all your money in one area of D, why not the part that has the biggest impact on games? They've already shown they want absolutely nothing to do with a talented secondary, and Vanden Bosch won't be too long before he retires. I'd say it would be an all-in move for a massive SB push.

12. EllisUnit

EllisUnit Serving Koolaid

i predict 14.5 sacks. we give him a big contract in the off season.

13. gafftop

gafftop Hall of Fame

Also he will have some minor injury that keeps him from playing to 100%.
    Wade will have variations that get Mario into his old position basically but he will still be called on OLB to help everyone save face.

Hopefully Mario will stay healthy have a great contract year and the Texans franchise and trade him.

14. Trap_Star

if it were up to bob, we would probably still be trotting carr out there. difference between mario and carr is that mario has actually produced. bob can be loyal to a fault and you should know that.

15. Rey

Rey Guest

Mario will get atleast 12 sacks and will continue to be a premiere player in the league.

16. TEXANS84

TEXANS84 Moderator Staff Member

Franchise tag WILL be applied, no way the Texans let a former #1 overall pick walk. If we don't have him in our plans, we will definitley recieve something for him.

17. drunkcookie

drunkcookie 2 drunk 2 cook

Lol, silliest thing I've read yet concerning this whole Mario deal...

The only reason they'd be able to "save face" by calling Mario an OLB would be if Mario did well in those "variations that get Mario into his old position... basically"... I think if Mario does well period, whether it be from his old position or wherever, no one (who is reasonable anyway) would care what he is called, why he is called that or who called him that...

18. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

I think what he is saying is that Mario will have his hand down more times than not, but they'll still call it a 3-4 & they'll still call Mario an OLB.

19. BigBull17

BigBull17 Hall of Fame

Lions would be freaking disgusting. How the **** would you block their front 4? I'm gonna make that in Madden this year, just for fun.

20. Mr teX

Mr teX Hall of Fame

This how i break it down:

The new scheme with a competent DC alone = 2 sacks
    Better talent all around him = 2 sacks
    Mario skill set = 5 - 7 sacks

So the way i see it, dude will be anywhere between 9 - 11 sacks.